Confirmed with Link: McLeod to Nashville for a 2020 7th Round Pick

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm of the minority but I think MacLeod was a good guy to start a rebuild with. Honest, hard working, stuck up for his teammates even when he would probably lose the fight. You cant quantify what he adds to a locker room, the Avalanche players who talked of him said they wished he was still part of the team after he came here. I'm sure he left his mark on this team even if it wasnt on the score sheet. He definately isnt the reason we arent making playoffs even if some want to pretend that's the case.

Reactions: SML2 and Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Its a 2020
So if Nashville hits the skids and near the bottom of the league, that will bring the pick all the way up to around pick #200? Whoopeeeee!
Cody played hard, dumb play sometimes but not what we need right now, and "should" be something Nashville will need come PO's. Maybe. Addition by subtraction.
At least Vinny gets another deserved shot.....1 in 100 he becomes something for our future, but a much better shot to be a part of it moving forward than Cody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Looking at the bigger picture this opens up a contract spot to take a salary dump from a team looking at Zucc or Hayes!

True. But we now have 5 contracts available (45/50) so that should not constitute a problem in any way. We are not taking on any longer contracts - unles there is severe overpayment involved.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He was a lot better for us this year than he was last year. That said there's not a lot of value to be had for a player like him. 7th rounders aren't a lot to get excited about.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I know there's mostly better players in the NHL than McLeod, but there's a reason he's been in the league this long. Thanks for bringing an honest effort. I don't know how far of some of you go back, but there was a time when this team was 20 individuals who couldn't win a game and wouldn't stick up for one another ever. You can be bad, or you can be soft. Being bad and soft is the worst. Just no reason to watch. So long Cody. Go get a cup. Screw all these haters.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Picking up certain players for NOTHING and turning them over for "even" a 7th rounder is good asset mgmt. He brought "something" to the team. Yoj never know who he influenced in a positive way. Shame Beleskey has been injured much of the year, but McQuaid has value and should get us yet another pick (much higher of course). Filling up that cupboard one way or another is what was needed. Honestly, cannot give enough praise to Gorton for what he has done in phase 1. NO GM makes ALL the right moves, but what he has accomplished in so little time for what "was" an abortion of a farm system.......is astonishing. Ordinarily a rebuild (done correctly) could take 5-7 years and with a LOT of luck involved, this could be as soon as 3 years, where we will be on the map again.
Now, on to phase 2. Deadline #2. More moves, more picks and more "high potential" almost ready players hopefully incoming.

Might get to a point where Zbad has to fight for playing time on the 3rd line........okay, settle down......was obviously joking. Lighten up!

Reactions: DutchNYR

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm of the minority but I think MacLeod was a good guy to start a rebuild with. Honest, hard working, stuck up for his teammates even when he would probably lose the fight. You cant quantify what he adds to a locker room, the Avalanche players who talked of him said they wished he was still part of the team after he came here. I'm sure he left his mark on this team even if it wasnt on the score sheet. He definately isnt the reason we arent making playoffs even if some want to pretend that's the case.
I agree that it's important to have leadership in the locker room, particularly for a young team. The argument against McLeod was that you can find good leaders who aren't f***ing awful at hockey and can actually help the guys develop on the ice. McLeod's contributions are strictly on a personal level. His on ice contributions are negative. You put him with Andersson and Lettieri and they're worse. Even if you have to pay slightly more you can get significantly more than a McLeod.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I agree that it's important to have leadership in the locker room, particularly for a young team. The argument against McLeod was that you can find good leaders who aren't ****ing awful at hockey and can actually help the guys develop on the ice. McLeod's contributions are strictly on a personal level. His on ice contributions are negative. You put him with Andersson and Lettieri and they're worse. Even if you have to pay slightly more you can get significantly more than a McLeod.

McLeod sets an example, as in ‘don’t do what McLeod does if you want to be successful.’

Reactions: Inferno and nyr2k2

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Between McLeod and the eventual loss of Zucc, I don't know what we're going to do to entertain the kids.

Maybe Quinn can give some of the boys a couple of Benjamins and tell them to go see a saucy puppet show for a few hours.

I've always found crayons and a pad can speed up travel time no end!

Goodbye, McLord....until we meet again.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I agree that it's important to have leadership in the locker room, particularly for a young team. The argument against McLeod was that you can find good leaders who aren't ****ing awful at hockey and can actually help the guys develop on the ice. McLeod's contributions are strictly on a personal level. His on ice contributions are negative. You put him with Andersson and Lettieri and they're worse. Even if you have to pay slightly more you can get significantly more than a McLeod.

I am not sure there is a category of pay slightly more. Seems like if the Rangers want a McLeod type the best way to go about it is a 1 year term with a cap hit that can be buried completely. Other than that they are likely paying Martin, Shaw, Reeves type contracts to get something better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad