Confirmed with Link: McLeod to Nashville for a 2020 7th Round Pick

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
The thread on the trade board was great with people predicting Stone, Duchene and Zucc just to find out it was McLeod.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
You guys laugh all you want about McLord but his career P/60 is 4.7*.

* Per 60 penalty minutes

Reactions: hi

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I said from the get-go that they signed McLeod not to play in Hartford, or to sit on the bench, but to play pretty regularly for the NHL club. The Rangers like these guys. There will be another one.

Anyway, this is whatever. Bring back Lettieri or Gettinger who whoever.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Not sure why people are happy about this trade. We traded a leader and mentor for what is essentially an 8th round pick. Color me unimpressed

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not sure why people are happy about this trade. We traded a leader and mentor for what is essentially an 8th round pick. Color me unimpressed

Between McLeod and the eventual loss of Zucc, I don't know what we're going to do to entertain the kids.

Maybe Quinn can give some of the boys a couple of Benjamins and tell them to go see a saucy puppet show for a few hours.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There are other leaders who don't suck as hockey players. IDK what he was mentoring people on--how to play five minutes per night and get your ass handed to you in a fight?

As far as the return--I'm really curious to know what it would have taken to impress you.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

I don't think Quinn liked him.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Recouped the 7th we dealt in the Mcquaid trade? Or is that puck still pending?

Nashville can bleed pics and still have one of the best Prospect pools in the NHL now and in the future, a very very consistent team at the draft.
They really don’t have one of the best prospect pools in the NHL, though.

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... A 7th is..whatever.

Most recent 7th rounders include Hughes, Virta, Ronning and Huska

Not blue-chip sure-things, but all with potential
and some respect at these HFNYR boards
(more than afforded some 4th, 3rd and even 2d rounders in those same drafts)

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Most recent 7th rounders include Hughes, Virta, Ronning and Huska

Not blue-chip sure-things, but all with potential
and some respect at these HFNYR boards
(more than afforded some 4th, 3rd and even 2d rounders in those same drafts)

There have been like 5-8 legit NHL players taken in the 7th round still 2010. Still - better than nothing and he's a negative in the first place.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
There are other leaders who don't suck as hockey players. IDK what he was mentoring people on--how to play five minutes per night and get your ass handed to you in a fight?

As far as the return--I'm really curious to know what it would have taken to impress you.

He does have a point. This being such a young team it would be fantastic to keep him around and show all the kids what not to be as a hockey player. Learning what not too be is just as important as learning what to be.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
My thoughts exactly. They wanted him back. I'm sure they could have been coaxed into giving up more than they did.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Another fourth liner maybe?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My thoughts exactly. They wanted him back. I'm sure they could have been coaxed into giving up more than they did.
Why do you think that? Why do people always think more could have been had in a trade? Do you think Gorton just isn't trying or something?

Another fourth liner maybe?
Cody McLeod is a guy who played on our fourth line. He's not a fourth liner.

Reactions: leetch99

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Best wishes to the Highlander on his return to the valley of the Preds.

This gives us recovered cap and headcount space.
Mo mins for
Strome Namest [who should be next on the heave ho list, but for mo, obv.]
and Nieves

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We did not need McLeod this season with McQuaid around to serve that role when needed and ADA also willing . However...playing McLeod helped us slide downward ...so I consider that a win . I would like to see a young robust forward that could play on the 4th ...does not have to be a heavyweight..but an annoying flyweight also works for me . Fight will be even less...and it seems people sooner have the agitators. Hopefully we can find one and give him EVERY opportunity to be the league's new superpest .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad