McKinnon-Rantanen best tandem in NHL?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Landeskog's contributions on that line are way too overlooked because he doesn't always pick up points.

But he's constantly coming away with the puck along the boards, breaking up plays in his own end which start off rushes the other way and screening the goalie.

That duo doesn't perform as well as it has without him.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This belongs to Marchand & Bergeron.

Brad Marchand
2017-20185831447530
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bargeron
2017-20185527275426
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bergeron is below PPG. Both have a really good +/- though.

Last 10g

Marchand

7g 10a 17p +1

Bergeron

5g 5a 10p and +2

I have a hard time putting them above MacKinnon and Rantanen for now. Earlier in the season they were better but now they are not even close. Pointwise Rantanen and acKinnon are way above. Only in the defensive aspect the bruins duo wins this.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Brad Marchand
2017-20185831447530
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bargeron
2017-20185527275426
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last 10g

Marchand

7g 10a 17p +1

Bergeron

5g 5a 10p and +2

I have a hard time putting them above MacKinnon and Rantanen for now. Earlier in the season they were better but now they are not even close. Pointwise Rantanen and acKinnon are way above. Only in the defensive aspect the bruins duo wins this.
yeah in the last 10 games mack and rant are the best duo, but that doesn't mean they are going forward.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Offensively? Quite possibly the best duo this season, although I think Stamkos/Kuch are at the very least at the same level. They were better the first half, and the Avs doing is catching up in the second half.

Like others have said, hard to go against a Bergeron/Marchand duo. Nearly as good offensively, but in a playoff matchup they’d eat them alive in a head to head. Vastly superior two-way players.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Marchand/Pastrnak is a better combo than Marchand/Bergeron

Duo’s to me are C/W.

The fact that Pastrnak plays with those two hurts the arguement that that duo is the best, as he helps elevate that line. He’s a better “3rd piece” than any one of wingers that complete Mack/Rant or Stamkos/Kuch.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Brad Marchand
2017-20185831447530
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bargeron
2017-20185527275426
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last 10g

Marchand

7g 10a 17p +1

Bergeron

5g 5a 10p and +2

You are using a sample of the last 10 games to judge who is better and on top of that, you only use points production. That's where you are making the mistake.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Offensively? Quite possibly the best duo this season, although I think Stamkos/Kuch are at the very least at the same level. They were better the first half, and the Avs doing is catching up in the second half.

Like others have said, hard to go against a Bergeron/Marchand duo. Nearly as good offensively, but in a playoff matchup they’d eat them alive in a head to head. Vastly superior two-way players.

I was waiting for the 2 way argument. Bergeron and Marchand? Yeah definitely better 2 way guys. But Kuch and Stammer? Mehhh that’s probably about even.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Boston line is better than ours defensively...but ours is also better offensively. MacK has a clear advantage over Marchand both in totals & /game stats, and ditto Mikko v Bergeron.

I love both three many units so have no gripes with anyone preferring the Boston trio, but let us not bend the facts to argue for them.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I mean it is. But it pure defensive skill, cmon it’s clearly Bergy and Marchand. I mean Bergy makes it not even close really.

In pure defensive skill, it could be Bergeron and me, and it's still not even really close. Bergeron is one of the best defensive forwards of all time. But, as Erik Karlsson has shown, there's more than one way to be effective defensively, and having elite offensive skills that allow you to just keep the puck away from the other team is very effective.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
In pure defensive skill, it could be Bergeron and me, and it's still not even really close. Bergeron is one of the best defensive forwards of all time. But, as Erik Karlsson has shown, there's more than one way to be effective defensively, and having elite offensive skills that allow you to just keep the puck away from the other team is very effective.

I’m not arguing that having the puck like that isn’t apart of being a good two way line, but regardless it’s still Bergy and Marchand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad