Rumor: McKenzie says Wings shopping Ouellet

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Anyone on our blue line can be dealt and I won’t bat an eye at it.

Ouellet is a mediocre/vanilla defenseman with decent advanced stats because he’s sheltered. I’d care less if he was traded than I did Smith, and were not missing Smith either.

Ya pretty much this. The only D I would like to keep is DD as I think he is a good 2nd paring guy who gets overexposed playing on the first pairing.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
He's 24 and bottom pairing.
He should continue, as most defensemen do, to get better with age.

He's got the highest shots/60.
The best CF%
He's fairly physical.
He plays a lot of dzone faceoffs and still has good possession.

Tonight was more of the same from XO.

5 defensive zone faceoffs.
2 neutral zone faceoffs
1 Ozone faceoff.

He's +2
He has a CF of 61 percent.

That's all fine and dandy but at the end of the day he isn't important on this team. He doesn't make our team better, hell the last few games he had single digit TOI.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'd just draw a name from a hat. It'd be funner and more entertaining than both are as players.

I don't know. Seems like Ouellet can at least still develop into more than just the Lebda 2.0 ceiling that Jensen has...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ya pretty much this. The only D I would like to keep is DD as I think he is a good 2nd paring guy who gets overexposed playing on the first pairing.

Good news is you won’t have to worry about that, because I’m pretty sure we couldn’t get rid of him if we tried.

I’d have no problem shipping him out either, though. If this team is going to be good again, it’s going to be with an entirely new top 4.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
On the trade board.
Apparently said it on TV tonight.

So dumb.
No problem at all with trading him, just wonder why he’s putting in the effort making the calls. I can’t imagine the return will be much if anything. Guy can’t play on one of the worst blue lines in the league. Kenny gonna Kenny tho. :popcorn:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Good news is you won’t have to worry about that, because I’m pretty sure we couldn’t get rid of him if we tried.

I’d have no problem shipping him out either, though. If this team is going to be good again, it’s going to be with an entirely new top 4.

I think you’re right.

Though if this team were able to land one of the big 3 next off season which you know holland if he’s here will try to do, a top 4 of new guy, cholowski, Hronek, DD doesn’t sound that bad at all. This is why what happens to Jensen, XO, Daley, E etc doesn’t really matter to me. For the record, I don’t see this happening, but I do think this is their hope/plan.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
No problem at all with trading him, just wonder why he’s putting in the effort making the calls. I can’t imagine the return will be much if anything. Guy can’t play on one of the worst blue lines in the league. Kenny gonna Kenny tho. :popcorn:

I would hope that holland is making calls about a lot of players. We’ll see.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I would hope that holland is making calls about a lot of players. We’ll see.
Kenny is a world class tyre kicker. It’d be nice if he was gauging the market value of Green and Nyquist. There’s little to no market value for XO. Would love to be wrong but every team in the league has guys like Xavier in their system.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
A 3rd rounder has a 30 percent chance of turning into an NHLer.
A 4th rounder has a 20 percent chance of turning into an NHLer.
And XO has a 90% chance to be waived in the near future if we don’t trade him.

Hicketts and Russo can step in right now and be pretty much what XO is. It’s a matter of time. and not much time, before Cholowski/Hronek/Saarijarvi start kicking down the door.
Lindstrom/Holway/Kotkansalo/etc are on the way.
Likely a top 10 d-man in the ’18 draft.

XO is nothing. His development has been stagnant for years. We either move a guy like him or lose him for nothing.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Do you guys think this means there's a chance we don't deal Green?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Nah, I think it’s simply a way to clear some space for call ups. I suspect Holland will hold on to Green until we are pretty much officially out of the playoff race and the TDL gets closer.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

Only way we dont trade Green is if we go on a run and sneak into a playoff spot. Otherwise I think he is as good as gone.

Personally I trade him regardless.

Reactions: MikeyDee

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Which vet on this team is going to help with the kids?
Seriously.

Sounds like a job for ELITE LOCKER ROOM PRESENCE MAN:

091313-600-dan-cleary.jpg

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Umm ok why? He can play the bottom pair well enough. He’s young could improve. We don’t get much trade value. Haven’t heard any complaints. I doubt he wants an amazing contract

Unless it’s a package I don’t see a reason to trade him

It's more about the roster spot going forward imo. Think they expect one of the young guys to be on the team full time next year

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I'm pretty indifferent on this. Oullett is a solid third pair(7th defenseman, and he chance we even get an future NHL player out of a pick in return (probably 6th or 7th rounder?) is slim. But i thought that he played better and more physical last year, i doubt he has potential left. Lets see if this materializes into anything

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
It's more about the roster spot going forward imo. Think they expect one of the young guys to be on the team full time next year

Kronwall should be done, Ericsson should be gone (though that probably won’t happen) Green will/ should be gone. There Will be plenty of spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad