Pre-Game Talk: McDrai's vs Stanley Cup Fav's Saturday @ 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
If the Habs play Price we're good. If they don't, well...

Because of Jake Allen?

His record against the Oilers the last 5 years, on a vastly superior team to Montreal, is 5-5-1. Considering his overall win-loss record during that time is 117-83-22, seems like he has underperformed against McDavid led teams.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I've never been a fan of Jake Allen. He played just 'ok' on a really good team. That same team finally got a decent goaltender and went from last to cup winners. I'd love it if MTL played Allen against us every game. McDrai would love it more.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Imagine thinking Danault, Kotkaniemi, and Suzuki is a better trio than McDavid, Draisaitl, and Turris.

Delusional as always in all matters in La Belle Province.

Montreal still pumping sewage into the St. Lawrence while criticizing our industries?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Because of Jake Allen?

His record against the Oilers the last 5 years, on a vastly superior team to Montreal, is 5-5-1. Considering his overall win-loss record during that time is 117-83-22, seems like he has underperformed against McDavid led teams.
Now check Price's record and GAA against both alberta teams.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I've noticed that as well. Nurse has been doing it for a while, but maybe Bear has caught that virus from playing with him.
I seen people point this out to Gregor and he gets so up in arms about it lol. Calling people haters or that they are just looking for mistakes. I like Nurse, but he fumbles it a lot when he has time. He makes unforced errors. He makes good plays too. He is getting at making neutral zone passes. Nothing wrong with seeing mistakes.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I checked it out too, and a staggering proportion of posters there seem to believe that McDavid and Drai are still stapled together every shift. Bedtime is pretty early around Montreal I guess.
That'll make it all the more sweet when the game starts and they realize McDavid and Draisaitl are each centering their own lines thus their porous defense will be eve more exposed than they expected

Reactions: B33K33PING

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I know better than to count out a team with a franchise goalie
It’s a great point and I’d take it even further. I know better than to count out any team in this league on any given night. It was unpleasant to see so many fans casually dismissing the Hawks prior to the play in series. We all saw how that worked out. Personally I’m going to leave the pregame under-estimating of rivals to others. I’ll trash talk after the Oilers win.

Reactions: GOilers88

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
That'll make it all the more sweet when the game starts and they realize McDavid and Draisaitl are each centering their own lines thus their porous defense will be eve more exposed than they expected
I went over and posted our lines, curious to see if any of them wake up. Lol.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Neal healthy and ready to go saturday no? Looks like it. The Oil PP will get even better. 12 ppg last season already for Neal :clap:

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Imagine thinking Danault, Kotkaniemi, and Suzuki is a better trio than McDavid, Draisaitl, and Turris.

Delusional as always in all matters in La Belle Province.

Montreal still pumping sewage into the St. Lawrence while criticizing our industries?

Absolutely no one rational thinks that. What's next Habs fans think their C depth is better than Toronto's too. Wake up and be rational. Even if one person said so doesn't mean anyone else does

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-Turris-Puljujarvi
Ennis-Haas-Archibald

Plz

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
The leafs were half asleep in that game and still won despite spotting the Habs getting back in the game. A lot of teams are not prepared for first game. The Habs roster, its untenable that they contend. i mean how could they even.

Sens and Habs should be the easiest wins on a calendar. We usually beat the Habs anyway.
Sens are cleaning Toronto's porch right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille