Pre-Game Talk: McDrai's vs Stanley Cup Fav's Saturday @ 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Very strange thread title. Who cares what MTL fans are saying on their own board. Some posters on VAN board claimed oilers only have 3 NHL level forwards. Who cares.

If there is nothing else to discuss then sure lets keep mocking them for being proud of their team.

Reactions: ReginaHabs

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
PJ bags 2 tomorrow as the 3rd line gets going. Barrie with a PPG.

Khaira used as traffic control cone on 104th and does a marvellous job.

Oilers 4 Habs 2. Drai with an ENG.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
"bend but don't break"

bent-signs.jpg

Reactions: oilers'72

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Oilers win 6-2
McDavid has another hatty putting him in the discussion for the rocket. Draisaitl has 3 apples and the nuge gets 2 points. kahun gets a couple points.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Since there's no fans, I was thinking it could be fun and quirky to have Hunter causing antics during the game. Imagine him behind the glass of the Oilers goalie trying to distract other teams forwards haha.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Maybe I'm not understanding the Habs roster plan at all but they lose Max Domi and they were already a pretty bad club last season. Are they banking everything on Josh Anderson remaining healthy and returning to a productive season. Toffoli is a decent add but doesn't drive much offense on his own.

One thing is it would be hard to be a fan of that org. At least we have players that get you out of your seat. These are pretty dismal times for a once legendary Habs franchise. I mean in that lineup who do you even hope for anymore to become something special. I don't think theres anybody. In Montreal I wonder how many people are just finding something other to do, than follow the Habs.

Top goal scorer on the Habs last season. 22 goals. jebus thats bleak. Reminds me when we only had Jason Arnott and a prayer, and Arnott was a better prospect than anybody in the Habs current lineup. I know this is Covid times but its pro hockey and an entertainment product. I mean if you're a Habs fan do you even bother buying a Jersey. I would put no name on the back.

Its hilarious that pretty much every Montreal source I see has them as a shoe in for the playoffs and probably just behind the leafs. homers.

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Maybe I'm not understanding the Habs roster plan at all but they lose Max Domi and they were already a pretty bad club last season. Are they banking everything on Josh Anderson remaining healthy and returning to a productive season. Toffoli is a decent add but doesn't drive much offense on his own.

One thing is it would be hard to be a fan of that org. At least we have players that get you out of your seat. These are pretty dismal times for a once legendary Habs franchise. I mean in that lineup who do you even hope for anymore to become something special. I don't think theres anybody. In Montreal I wonder how many people are just finding something other to do, than follow the Habs.

Top goal scorer on the Habs last season. 22 goals. jebus thats bleak. Reminds me when we only had Jason Arnott and a prayer, and Arnott was a better prospect than anybody in the Habs current lineup. I know this is Covid times but its pro hockey and an entertainment product. I mean if you're a Habs fan do you even bother buying a Jersey. I would put no name on the back.

They've got pretty good depth on the wings, but there's what the frog gave the log down the middle. To me that's a death sentence. They're riding high after last playoffs, but I think they're going to struggle.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

People will always follow the Habs. They have nothing to worry about there, that's for sure.

I'm also a little confused by their hype this year. Suzuki looks like he'll be a player. Toffoli, Edmundson, and Anderson are good adds, but nothing earth shattering.

I think the Price and Allen tandem will play well though.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
They've got pretty good depth on the wings, but there's what the frog gave the log down the middle. To me that's a death sentence. They're riding high after last playoffs, but I think they're going to struggle.

Yeah.

Theres no way they should be, because only the ridiculous decision to put so many players in the playoffs last year resulted in them even being there. They were a bad, bad team just last season. I mean like most people half the reason I'm giving the Habs the gears is the usual noise and smoke about how good they are. lol. I doubt they make the playoffs.

Habs are set up for a big crash.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
People will always follow the Habs. They have nothing to worry about there, that's for sure.

I'm also a little confused by their hype this year. Suzuki looks like he'll be a player. Toffoli, Edmundson, and Anderson are good adds, but nothing earth shattering.

I think the Price and Allen tandem will play well though.

Suzuki was about the 2nd worst forward on Team Canada. I don't know the player at all. Just frustrated he was such a passenger for team Canada. WE could have used some help.

I don't mind Edmundson but he was part of a deep D core in STL. He might have more trouble moving around in Montreal. Seems like Montreal pinning a lot on Goaltending.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
And Romanov will win the Norris... ignoring the fact that two obvious breakaways (one by Matthews and other Mikheyev) were his fault.

I wish the Oilers had a d prospect as good as Romanov. He's a going to be a huge stud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->