Pre-Game Talk: McDrai's vs Stanley Cup Fav's Saturday @ 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Suzuki was about the 2nd worst forward on Team Canada. I don't know the player at all. Just frustrated he was such a passenger for team Canada. WE could have used some help.

I don't mind Edmundson but he was part of a deep D core in STL. He might have more trouble moving around in Montreal. Seems like Montreal pinning a lot on Goaltending.

That was Nick's younger brother Ryan

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Very strange thread title. Who cares what MTL fans are saying on their own board. Some posters on VAN board claimed oilers only have 3 NHL level forwards. Who cares.

If there is nothing else to discuss then sure lets keep mocking them for being proud of their team.

It's funny that Canucks fans said that because the Oilers 4th best forward (who apparently isn't an NHL forward) tripled their best forward in points in the two game set and had a similar PPG last season without all the gravy PP time that their best forward gets.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's funny that Canucks fans said that because the Oilers 4th best forward (who apparently isn't an NHL forward) tripled their best forward in points in the two game set and had a similar PPG last season without all the gravy PP time that their best forward gets.
Point was that each fan base is allowed to show pride in their team and take jabs at opponents on their own board.

The flames toaster jokes are meant for hfoil only for example .

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Sorry, my bad, I don't follow either of them. He's 21. How come his first game in the NHL was just yesterday? Not even got a look before.

All good! Nick actually played last season with Montreal and put up some decent numbers as a rookie. I believe he had around 40 points or so in 70 something games. Then he posted around 7 points in 10 games in the play in.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Sorry, my bad, I don't follow either of them. He's 21. How come his first game in the NHL was just yesterday? Not even got a look before.
Nick? Nick played an entire season last year, and was quite good, especially in the NHL bubble. He’s a great two way threat thus far, Montreal is lucky to have him.

Ryan has never played an NHL game

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Have a feeling that Habs will be our milk Cow this season.

Their north-south fast checking will suit us fine. Not to degrade the Habs team,they will be a pain for other teams, they plays with a big heart with their no star roster.

6-2 Oilers , Pulju 1+1, McD with a hatty!

Reactions: Porkleaker

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I wish the Oilers had a d prospect as good as Romanov. He's a going to be a huge stud

Samorukov is pretty good. His offense is underrated. Currently playing for CSKA like Romanov did last season and succeeding.

But yeah.. notch below most likely.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Suzuki seems legit, Kotkaniemi sucks. Looking forward to watching Romanov as well he looked good against Toronto.

No reason the Oilers shouldn't have a winning record against Montreal this season. Their offense will be inconsistent all year.

Kahun's game reminds me a bit of Tatar.. I think he'll pot one tonight.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Samorukov is pretty good. His offense is underrated. Currently playing for CSKA like Romanov did last season and succeeding.

But yeah.. notch below most likely.
Romanov probably got some black widow genetics passed on to him

Nigel David Albert

Mar 9, 2020
Maybe I'm not understanding the Habs roster plan at all but they lose Max Domi and they were already a pretty bad club last season. Are they banking everything on Josh Anderson remaining healthy and returning to a productive season. Toffoli is a decent add but doesn't drive much offense on his own.

One thing is it would be hard to be a fan of that org. At least we have players that get you out of your seat. These are pretty dismal times for a once legendary Habs franchise. I mean in that lineup who do you even hope for anymore to become something special. I don't think theres anybody. In Montreal I wonder how many people are just finding something other to do, than follow the Habs.

Top goal scorer on the Habs last season. 22 goals. jebus thats bleak. Reminds me when we only had Jason Arnott and a prayer, and Arnott was a better prospect than anybody in the Habs current lineup. I know this is Covid times but its pro hockey and an entertainment product. I mean if you're a Habs fan do you even bother buying a Jersey. I would put no name on the back.

Its hilarious that pretty much every Montreal source I see has them as a shoe in for the playoffs and probably just behind the leafs. homers.

Not sure if you watched their first game? Suzuki and Anderson looked pretty dominant. Anderson looked super solid, barring injury I think he’ll be one of the top power forwards this year. Suzuki played unreal all night. He had a Hopkins like back check steal and turned around with a Mcdavid like dangle. Montreal’s defence also looks way nicer than ours. They’re getting the rewards of our development of Petry. Weber is still Weber. Weber’s only bad when he’s injured. Chiarot looks super solid. Chiarot and Weber messed up Matthew’s pretty good that night. Oilers need to show up for this one to win it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not sure if you watched their first game? Suzuki and Anderson looked pretty dominant. Anderson looked super solid, barring injury I think he’ll be one of the top power forwards this year. Suzuki played unreal all night. He had a Hopkins like back check steal and turned around with a Mcdavid like dangle. Montreal’s defence also looks way nicer than ours. They’re getting the rewards of our development of Petry. Weber is still Weber. Weber’s only bad when he’s injured. Chiarot looks super solid. Chiarot and Weber messed up Matthew’s pretty good that night. Oilers need to show up for this one to win it.

Didn't watch it. Montreal isn't a club that interests me in any way. Only time I will watch that boring club is if we're playing them.

The habs are perennial road bumps.

Sounds like you're a Habs fan saying all this.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I want to see Tippetts line deployment. McD had more success against Horvat that Boeser. Do you try to play him versus Danault or Suzuki. I think Kassian vs Anderson makes sense. Also don’t want to see Toffoli out against our 4th line

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I actually seen somebody on the MTL board type "No easy games"....

Man, I hope their actual players think this way lol

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Most Oiler games televised in Ont. and Que are aired very late. Plus media has an eastern bias. It will be a wake up call for them with this Canadian division. If we get Thursday Oilers they will be shocked. If they get Wednesday Oil Suzuki and Price will be Gods!

Reactions: ujju2

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
And Hunter is any better?

I never said he is but at least they don’t devote complete intermission segments to shitty on ice dance routines and rely on crappy cheerleaders dancing on stairs to get the crowd pumped up.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I never said he is but at least they don’t devote complete intermission segments to shitty on ice dance routines and rely on crappy cheerleaders dancing on stairs to get the crowd pumped up.
Meh, my point still stands. If the objective is to distract opponents Octane would do a better job than Hunter.

Or we could paste Kassian mugshots all around the rink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad