Post-Game Talk: McDrai Showtime - The Best Show On Earth

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
We have the second best powerplay in the league. Klefbom has ten powerplay points. The obsession with replacing him there is puzzling to me.

Ethan Bear may one day run a powerplay. But he's a rookie having success in his current role. Let's just let that play out as is for awhile before adding more to his load.

This is my take as well. I feel Tips is letting him flourish (and he obviously is), without the added pressure of contributing to the PP, outside of minimal second unit time. I think we all know he will be there in time.

Another thing to consider is that we play a one D PP. When / if things go south, I'm not sure Bear has the wheels yet to combat that. While maybe not the most offensive D, Klef is far and away a fantastic 2 way option with good IQ. My only complaint with him is taking slapshots with no one on front. He does not have the power behind him to beat a goalie one on one.

And... tough to take him off when we are amongst the league leaders with our PP

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Had a look at their thread about other games played around the league. Is there ever some "the pot calling the kettle black" going on in it. :laugh:

Drink it in, Flames fans. Drink it in.
Shouldn't they be happy that we beat Vegas considering standings?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
McDrai's point streaks are just crazy right now.

Connor has 23 points in his last 10 games. There's only 20 players in the league who have more points than that over the entire season.

As for Leon, there's only 5 players in the league who have more points on the season than he has in his last 15 games(31 points).

Last edited:

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
So I'm going to change the channel on this love fest lol.

That was a great game but a few things

- I understand Reaves is a plug but there has to be a response on him. Yes he got a penalty but that was after running the show when he's on the ice.
- Klefbom While playing extremely steady he needs to be move off the powerplay. He does a terrible job at holding the line and making smart decisions with the puck when he does get it on the the line. Someone like Bear should be anchoring the blue line with the 1 pp unit.
-Russel and Larson should both be gone at the trade deadline. Thats 8 miilion in cap playing #5,6 roles. Hopefully Holland can find bargain price dman to replace them freeing up cap to get a top 6 winger for RNH and JJ (No i didn't put Neal there for the simple fact he's slow which is fine if he can be responsible on the 3rd line and excel on the 1st pp unit)

But at the end of the day Tippet has done a great job handling the goalies. By sticking to the 2x2 schedule he's proving to the goalies that no matter what you will get a chance to redeem yourself. And each of the goalies have responded amazingly

1. we controlled the majority of the game. Who cares what Reaves was doing.
2. Yeah great idea. Let’s break up the #1 power play. Brilliant.
3. You don’t break up our D core this year unless we are going after an expensive rental and need the cap space. Can easily trade in the off season.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
We have the second best powerplay in the league. Klefbom has ten powerplay points. The obsession with replacing him there is puzzling to me.

Ethan Bear may one day run a powerplay. But he's a rookie having success in his current role. Let's just let that play out as is for awhile before adding more to his load.

dont bother, they will just say the powerplay is working inspite of him not cause of him. He does his job and honestly with us now leaving drai and Mcd out the entire 2 mins and switching everyone else out why does it matter which is the 1st or 2nd ?

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
you can say Klef should not be pp1 and also not think he sucks and also agree the pp is scoring

just because it is hot now doesnt mean Tippett should not make adjudtmrnts to it teams will slow it down sooner or later

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Tippett bristled about a question of this team's consistency after the flat tire loss to LA. Vegas was a response game and the Oil redeemed themselves with a hard, playoff time game. This team's character and will ... ahem culture ... is different. They believe they can win. They step up with accountability when they don't. They don't let bad games stretch into long losing streaks and this Vegas game was a statement to that effect. McDavid, Draisaitl drove the scoring but this was a fantastic full team effort with gritty support play including a goal. Strong defense led by Klefbom, Bear and Nurse. Mike Smith rebounded with a scrappy game in net.

There are no nights off in a crazy tight divisions. Another big game tonight against the Coyotes. But as Tippett has commented the consistency is there with this team and we're seeing the maturation of a great young core from individual talents into a hardening team unit in their collective approach to own zone play, specialty teams, gritting out tough games without flinching as they did in past years, and rebounding quickly from brutal games. Credit to a fantastic coaching job and maturing young talent who know believe in themselves and their collective abilities.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
1. we controlled the majority of the game. Who cares what Reaves was doing.
2. Yeah great idea. Let’s break up the #1 power play. Brilliant.
3. You don’t break up our D core this year unless we are going after an expensive rental and need the cap space. Can easily trade in the off season.

1. Reaves targeted Klefbom all night. Losing a top 4 dman to him would hurt
2. Uh #1 powerplay that doesnt go above the hashmarks unless Drai or McD carry it there. Need an option from the point
3. 8 million on your third pair is costing you your 2nd line winger that is needed. Bottom pairing d should only take up 3 million of cap

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
dallas_eakins-2.jpg
My avatar, fully endorses this comment..

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
1. Reaves targeted Klefbom all night. Losing a top 4 dman to him would hurt
2. Uh #1 powerplay that doesnt go above the hashmarks unless Drai or McD carry it there. Need an option from the point
3. 8 million on your third pair is costing you your 2nd line winger that is needed. Bottom pairing d should only take up 3 million of cap
1. But he didn’t get hurt. You can get hurt on an innocent play.
2. you don’t mess with success. Taking him off could have the adverse effect.
3. Not disagreeing. That option needs to present itself or it can wait till The offseason.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Rewatched the game this morning... Koskinen should have been the first star.

Made some huge point blank saves.

There were no passengers in the game. Each line was as good as another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad