Post-Game Talk: McDrai Showtime - The Best Show On Earth

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I still remember the days when we had 1-2 goal leads with 2 minutes left and somehow we find a way to lose them especially during the Taylor Hall, Eberle and RNH era. Some bs always happened and I felt that we were always going to lose it late. Now this team just kept pushing the pace and is the complete opposite.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'm not worried about the team; we always bounce back after ****e efforts and poor losses like this thus far.

Hey, I was right. I like this team. <3

Not going to lie though, was definitely watching the sporting event across the street at the MGM...

Reactions: belair

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Brave feller over here on CP to admit something like this. Although it’s usually a good thing when your worst enemy admits you’re doing something right.

View attachment 282095

But I thought Gaudreau was = to McDavid.

2A2FA05A-0828-4CBF-B1D4-4290445CE3F4.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
The PP we scored on tonight was f***ing devastating, it was a full on example of why we're first in the league.

I'm so happy with how they came out tonight, they pushed an exceptionally good team to the brink.

Kept shots to the outside, our PP was amazing and they kept away from taking penalties. Great game!

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The PP we scored on tonight was ****ing devastating, it was a full on example of why we're first in the league.

I'm so happy with how they came out tonight, they pushed an exceptionally good team to the brink.

Kept shots to the outside, our PP was amazing and they kept away from taking penalties. Great game!
Yup couldn't agree more. The things that stand out to me on our PP this year is 1) McDavid and Draisaitl are zone entry machines, 2) RNH, Klefbom and Neal/Chiasson are understanding their role that the play is to be funnelled through McDavid and Drai and they are the support cast in the middle. With a more skilled PP Dman they would add another element, but as it stands right now McDavid and Drai are both shooting threats from opposite sides, and both can thread the needle on seam passes. Nuge offers a smart support player who has a quick accurate wrister and who can make quick short passes. Neal understands his job and is doing it well getting deflections on outside shots, setting up for back door redirects, and is constantly hanging around the net for rebounds. Klefbom is mostly just the middle man who buys McDrai time when a lane isn't open, but I have to say he's done a great job keeping pucks in and keeping it simple this year. I'd still love a scoring threat in Klefbom's spot, but for now he's doing a good job of supporting McDrai and letting them pick teams apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad