McDrai have surpassed Peak Malksby?

McDavid and Draisaitl now have surpassed peak Crosby and peak Malkin?

• Total voters

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Draisailt is really good but too bad for McDavid he's not a Malkin level talent and won't be able to to do the heavy lifting against the tougher to play against teams to carry them to a cup by himself like Malkin did. Crosby was really lucky having somebody like Malkin on his team to secure his legacy.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
lol no, Drai doesn't in the same convo as the other three yet.

How exactly do you figure that? Leon’s last 2 seasons are on par with anything we’ve seen from Crosby/Malkin. Literally the only argument that holds any weight is cups, but it’s a team sport, and McDrai have another decade to earn those

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
How exactly do you figure that? Leon’s last 2 seasons are on par with anything we’ve seen from Crosby/Malkin. Literally the only argument that holds any weight is cups, but it’s a team sport, and McDrai have another decade to earn those

On the other hand, that's part of what made Crosby and Malkin's "peak" so dominant. They *did* win the Cups at their peak, at a young age. And that's not including going to the Cup final a second time (losing to Detroit the prior year).

That's two long playoff runs, one resulting in a Cup win, by the time they were 23 and 22 years old. That's part of their peak resume.

*Note: before the whole "Draper/Kunitz > Crosby then" memes come out, it's not just the fact they won the Cup and went to the finals another time. It's that they were instrumental in that happening for their club. They weren't just passengers or depth options that just so happened to be lucky enough to play on multiple Cup winners.

Reactions: Peat

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I still think Crosby was ahead of where McDavid currently is, but I think it’s just a matter of time before McDavid gets there or surpasses that level. I think Malkin is ahead vs Draisaitl though and Tbd if he can get there IMO.

Eithe way, as many have said, McDavid and Draisaitl will need the cups.

Reactions: sanscosm

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
On the other hand, that's part of what made Crosby and Malkin's "peak" so dominant. They *did* win the Cups at their peak, at a young age. And that's not including going to the Cup final a second time (losing to Detroit the prior year).

That's two long playoff runs, one resulting in a Cup win, by the time they were 23 and 22 years old. That's part of their peak resume.

*Note: before the whole "Draper/Kunitz > Crosby then" memes come out, it's not just the fact they won the Cup and went to the finals another time. It's that they were instrumental in that happening for their club. They weren't just passengers or depth options that just so happened to be lucky enough to play on multiple Cup winners.

And that’s definitely a fair point. But McDavid and Draisaitl are also only just now starting to get the supporting cast that Crosby/Malkin had. Leon’s scoring at a 100+ point pace in the playoffs, but the bottom 6 has really let them down.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not going to happen because even if peak McDavid is better than peak Crosby, which I’m not that sure about, peak Draisaitl will not be close to as good as peak Malkin.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
McDavid and Draisaitl haven’t done anything in the playoffs

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Regular season yes

Playoffs not close

Also Croskin has more flow then Malksby

Also McDrai sounds so much better

I wonder how it never evolved into "McDrai-vid". Maybe that sounds too much like some gimicky mcdonalds menu item, but McDrai sounds like some B-level Hans Gruber-type 80's movie villain.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yes, McDrai is an actual name used, Malksby (Crosbin?) isn't even a thing.

As far as the players go, I voted yes, at least in non-cup reasoning, but I won't argue with anyone who thinks otherwise.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
No.

McDavid's current shortened season is the best of the 4 I think. Maybe you can give Crosby or Malkin an edge for best season if you value full 82 game season length a lot - but on a per game basis, I think McDavid's is the best.

But both Crosby and Malkin have a better season than Drai
And their second and third best seasons are probably better than any other of McDavid's season.
And playoffs are better

Peak is more than just 'single season'.
Draisaitl's last three seasons combined have been at an 82 game pace of 49 goals and 117 points. (He also won a Hart, Art Ross and Lindsey) McDavid's last five seasons have been at an 82 game pace of 41 goals and 119 points. As far as regular seasons are concerned what stretch of time would Malkin have been better than either? I am genuinely curious?

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Draisaitl's last three seasons combined have been at an 82 game pace of 49 goals and 117 points. (He also won a Hart, Art Ross and Lindsey) McDavid's last five seasons have been at an 82 game pace of 41 goals and 119 points. As far as regular seasons are concerned what stretch of time would Malkin have been better than either? I am genuinely curious?
Blah blah blah let us know when they win the art ross and the conn Smythe in the same season

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I wonder how it never evolved into "McDrai-vid". Maybe that sounds too much like some gimicky mcdonalds menu item, but McDrai sounds like some B-level Hans Gruber-type 80's movie villain.

There's your answer right there. Why would you not name them after a B-level Hans Gruber-type 80's movie villain?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad