McDrai have surpassed Peak Malksby?

McDavid and Draisaitl now have surpassed peak Crosby and peak Malkin?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
No.

McDavid's current shortened season is the best of the 4 I think. Maybe you can give Crosby or Malkin an edge for best season if you value full 82 game season length a lot - but on a per game basis, I think McDavid's is the best.

But both Crosby and Malkin have a better season than Drai
And their second and third best seasons are probably better than any other of McDavid's season.
And playoffs are better

Peak is more than just 'single season'.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
If they continue it next year in a normal season and have some playoff success then maybe. They may need a cup though

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
LOL No. not even close! They are missing a few Stanley Cups to be in this conversation.

They have not won anything.
They have won plenty awards and titles just not the Cup.

'anything' doesnt fly but THE THING is still missing.

By this logic McDrai havent even reached peak ROR\Tarasenko level either.

Mar 26, 2010
They have won plenty awards and titles just not the Cup.

'anything' doesnt fly but THE THING is still missing.

By this logic McDrai havent even reached peak ROR\Tarasenko level either.
No no, Hockey is a team sport. I am talking Division titles, Stanley Cups.

Not talking secondary assists.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
People will poo-poo the idea they still have to prove it in the playoffs, but the bottom line is one of the biggest reasons for Crosby/Malkin's status is because they were able to propel their team to deep playoff runs and championships.

That 2009 Pens Cup winner wasn't any more "stacked" than the Current Oilers club. Yet Crosby and Malkin almost singlehandedly (or whatever you'd call 2 people doing it) carried that team to a championship by elevating not just their own performances, but the performances of the players they played with.

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
Comparing apples to oranges, I think. Starting a team from scratch, I would take McDrai but I just can't overlook that Crosby legit WILLS his team to achieve greater heights just by his presence in the locker room and on the ice.

Reactions: Son Goku

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There's already a big thread. We didn't need a poll.

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
lol no, Drai doesn't in the same convo as the other three yet.

You mean the Draisaitl that is the reigning art ross, hart, and ted lindsay winner?

The Draisaitl that is #2 overall in points over the last 5 years?

Why doesn't he belong in the conversation?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
People will poo-poo the idea they still have to prove it in the playoffs, but the bottom line is one of the biggest reasons for Crosby/Malkin's status is because they were able to propel their team to deep playoff runs and championships.

That 2009 Pens Cup winner wasn't any more "stacked" than the Current Oilers club. Yet Crosby and Malkin almost singlehandedly (or whatever you'd call 2 people doing it) carried that team to a championship by elevating not just their own performances, but the performances of the players they played with.

It certainly was better than the 2021 Oilers.

MAF>Smith
Staal> RNH
Letang & Gonchar>Any Oilers D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->