News Article: McDonald's will soon be selling the '' Gallagher Burger ''

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamlessWatcher

Mar 13, 2008
Wow guys, it's only a burger, no problem there. I eat junk food once in a while, I don't see the harm. As long as you eat good food the rest of the way. Way too many food talibans on this thread.
As for overrated burgers, ate at In-n-out on Sunset blvd in California last November. Now talk about being overrated. Eeshhh.. Just like the Shake Shack in NYC.

My favorite burger is at Bill's close to Chelsea Market.

Seriously it's like half the people posting are hardcore vegans that hate anything not 100% healthy and the other half are apparently burger connoisseurs.

McDonalds may not be the healthiest food, but it's in business because people obviously like it. It's also not downright atrocious. I could eat worse than McDonalds with things they sell at the grocery store if I wanted. And honestly they have mildly healthy options at McDonalds too if you really care.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Seriously it's like half the people posting are hardcore vegans that hate anything not 100% healthy and the other half are apparently burger connoisseurs.

McDonalds may not be the healthiest food, but it's in business because people obviously like it. It's also not downright atrocious. I could eat worse than McDonalds with things they sell at the grocery store if I wanted. And honestly they have mildly healthy options at McDonalds too if you really care.

Not wanting a burger makes me a hardcore vegan?

I mean I am vegetarian, and that happens to be the primary reason I don't want a burger, but I'm no hardcore vegan. I eat my fair share of crap, plus I drink a lot of alcohol.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I'm not a vegan, but it's been a decade since I've had McDonalds, their food is revolting.

Is there worse than McDonalds out there? Sure there is: Burger King, White Castle, etc.

Go to Gourmet Burger on Crescent and have their burger with grilled eggplant and some good tomato sauce. It's vastly better than McDonald's.

I'm sure there are better burger joints in Montreal, I just don't live there anymore.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
You guys are hilarious. Get off your high horses. You can eat McDonalds once in a while. Alcohol is 100x worse, thats actually poison for your body.

People complaining are probably fat anyway.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
eUNkgGY.gif

brian70

Jul 8, 2012
they're amazing.. funny thing about that company it was started by a few McDonald's execs that wanted to go back to basics

Their "about us" page seems to contradict what you're saying. Unless one of them was a manager or assistant-manager at McDonald's? Are you confusing them with a different restaurant?

Edit: I found Lyfe Kitchen as a restaurant opened by an ex-McDonald's exec.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I am still looking for any NEW ARTICLE as showed in the thread title.
Where is the news article?
Any link? Please change this to speculation...
We see discussion about the value of a Burger that is more coming from the cloud than coming from a real kitchen.

Anyone has any link anywhere?

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Latendresse must be pissed off..

I set a record for spewing coffee out of my nose. :laugh:

I don't feel sick after McDonald's...

Anyway, weird promotion.

Harvey's is the place to be.

I'd rather get kicked in the nads, than eat at Harvey's.

I decided I'm getting McDonald's for dinner tonight on my way to work.

No wonder you're one of my fav's. ;)

:laugh:

McDonalds great when I'm drunk as hell at 2AM in the night.
**** you haters.

Totally agree.

:laugh: :laugh:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Personally won't be touching it as I don't eat there anyways but hey good for him having a burger named after him.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
You guys are hilarious. Get off your high horses. You can eat McDonalds once in a while. Alcohol is 100x worse, thats actually poison for your body.

Now, I have a chronic condition so I'm not the best example, but of all the things I've eaten since I got it, McDonalds is the only stuff - Even the freaking fries - that gets me sick inside an hour. Way worse than even alcohol.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Wow guys, it's only a burger, no problem there. I eat junk food once in a while, I don't see the harm. As long as you eat good food the rest of the way. Way too many food talibans on this thread.
As for overrated burgers, ate at In-n-out on Sunset blvd in California last November. Now talk about being overrated. Eeshhh.. Just like the Shake Shack in NYC.

My favorite burger is at Bill's close to Chelsea Market.
My god Shake Shack is overrate and worst the people who wait in those lineups for that food :shakehead

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Only on the Habs board can a debate over what is more harmful between alcohol and McDonald's break out.

Never change, guys. :laugh:

Habs12max

Mar 6, 2008
Are you serious guy? Eating fast food once in a while clears the bowels and please the mind.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Go to Gourmet Burger on Crescent and have their burger with grilled eggplant and some good tomato sauce. It's vastly better than McDonald's.

I'm sure there are better burger joints in Montreal, I just don't live there anymore.

You guys have it good in Canberra -- had my fill today from a radio interview with a guy from Chicoutimi who lives there -- the guy really sold the place, I wanted to move there myself, lol.

Never tried Gourmet Burger, and I'll keep it in mind when I'm in the area. Did try some really great game meat burgers at Bière et compagnie. They feature bison, caribou and ostrich burgers, which they serve with tasty fries and a choice of flavored mayonnaise, all of which you can wash down with a healthy dose of their beer on tap. I've been to both their locations in Terrebonne and on 4350, rue Saint-Denis (near Rachel).

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I think McDonald's is awesome. It's cheap, fast, everywhere and it tastes good. I don't know why you'd hate on it. Perhaps McDonald's made you fat? Like they forced you to eat there for years.

Seriously, a burger is a burger. Wherever you eat one it'll be bad for your health. What's bad for your health isn't always bad for the head. It's rather pointless to hate on a restaurant too, I mean, keep eating your bird seeds if that's your thing. Nobody should judge someone based on what he eats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad