News Article: McDonald's will soon be selling the '' Gallagher Burger ''

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Can we turn this into a burger thread like the poutine thread from earlier in the season?

So, favourite burger in Montreal? I think the Five Guys burger is pretty overrated.

Is there a ''Chez Victor'' yet in Montreal? If no, then I highly recommend it should any of you guys decide to visit Quebec city for some reason. Burgers are quite creative, varied quality ingredients, not so excessive price and the fries are great. So are the 10324 kinds of awesome mayos offered to dip them in.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I think Five Guys is pretty good, but their prices are insane. Think it costed me like $20 for a trio when I went a while back, never went back because of the prices.
Only really enjoy my own homemade hamburgers now. I'll rarely ever eat a hamburger any time I eat out.

Definitely. Overpriced and overrated.

Anyways, my favourite burger place is The Works (Ottawa and Toronto). Some delicious and creatively-made burgers.

http://www.worksburger.com/Menu/Burger-Menu.aspx

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Sounds disgusting, and if any hockey player eats at mcdonald they lack dedication to their sport.

I try not to be an annoying customer in restaurants, but I never shy away from saying "no mayonnaise please".

Gourmet Burger on Crescent was a good place in Montreal. You could get grilled eggplant as a topping.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
How do they make a Gallagher Burger...

gallagher.gif

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Sounds disgusting, and if any hockey player eats at mcdonald they lack dedication to their sport.

I try not to be an annoying customer in restaurants, but I never shy away from saying "no mayonnaise please".

Gourmet Burger on Crescent was a good place in Montreal. You could get grilled eggplant as a topping.

What a load of ********. These guys are constantly practicing and working out pre-game, in-game, and post-game. They're in better shape than you or any of us here and if they like, they can have a lousy McDonald's burger without someone like you questioning their dedication to the game.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
some of you guys would be surprised how often players eat fast-food...

as for getting sick after eating mcds.... the Mc Chicken mayo comes out as fast as it goes in..so yes I can contest its possible

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I don't do burgers very often so I haven't been to a lot of the newer restaurants but Burger de Ville was incredibly good. Easily the best burger joint I've been to in Montreal.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Dreamed I ordered a Gallagher Burger with Pacioretty Fries and a Desharnais Smoothie. The server was the Subway Girl but I couldn't score. :help:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
McD's meat doesn't even look like real meat, who knows what kind of poison is in there. Wasn't there a story a while back in the news where someone bought a McDonald's burger, stashed it in his coat pocket and forgot it there. He stored the jacket and didn't wear it for 14 years. Then when he was moving or something he found the jacket still with the burger in the pockets and it looked almost new. I can't imagine what kind or how many preservatives they put in that junk. McD's is probably the last place I think about when I want a burger, sooo many good burger joints in the city.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
McD's meat doesn't even look like real meat, who knows what kind of poison is in there. Wasn't there a story a while back in the news where someone bought a McDonald's burger, stashed it in his coat pocket and forgot it there. He stored the jacket and didn't wear it for 14 years. Then when he was moving or something he found the jacket still with the burger in the pockets and it looked almost new. I can't imagine what kind or how many preservatives they put in that junk. McD's is probably the last place I think about when I want a burger, sooo many good burger joints in the city.

Do tell, because I don't share your sentiment at all. :)

I find Montreal's burgers are generally pretty mediocre when compared to some cities south of the border. I mean most of places in the city won't do your burger medium rare (and sometimes even medium) which speaks to the quality of beef they're using.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Any news article to support this thread?
Any link?
I mean, this does not seem to have a base for now.
But I guess you are having fun.
Just no reliable source.

patsbury

Feb 19, 2008
Montreal or Drummond
What a load of ********. These guys are constantly practicing and working out pre-game, in-game, and post-game. They're in better shape than you or any of us here and if they like, they can have a lousy McDonald's burger without someone like you questioning their dedication to the game.

+1, what a stupid comment by DAChampion. I bet you think having a beer or wine is losing dedication to the game? :help:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Would hate to have my name associated with such terrible food that's contributing to the destruction of our youth.

Yes. I went there. McD's is killing people with their trash.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Wow guys, it's only a burger, no problem there. I eat junk food once in a while, I don't see the harm. As long as you eat good food the rest of the way. Way too many food talibans on this thread.
As for overrated burgers, ate at In-n-out on Sunset blvd in California last November. Now talk about being overrated. Eeshhh.. Just like the Shake Shack in NYC.

My favorite burger is at Bill's close to Chelsea Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino