Proposal: Mcdonagh to boston

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Bjork is unlikely going anywhere due to roster, and the condition of which he turned pro
I haven't heard much about that other than reading scouting reports on the kid. Could I get a quick summary in a sentence or two? Thanks

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Don’t see NY sending a player like McD to Boston. Some pretty tempting offers though. That’s a refreshing change.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I haven't heard much about that other than reading scouting reports on the kid. Could I get a quick summary in a sentence or two? Thanks

Sweeney, in essence, convinced him to leave College ahead of schedule.... the adjustment to the pro game is why he's in Providence at present.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The Bruins can''t take on that much Cap. Take out Nash and Bjork and I'd do it.
Rangers could retain on both Nash and Grabner.

A young player, that is NHL ready (and proven to be NHL ready) should definitely be involved. Hence, Bjork.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern...put yourself on the other team, then make a proposal.
I did.
There is huge disagreement about value of Skjei, obviously; not that McAvoy isn't better worth more than either, but as a package that's something else.
Anyhoo, suggestion withdrawn, fine.
B's still have to make top offer to be winning bid, and let's see what that final offer is.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Not sure why.

McQuaid is a class act, and an outstanding clubhouse guy. If he were in the deal it would be so NY has a decent guy on the backend and Boston saves a couple bucks, but if NY didn't want him they could easily flip him to a contender. The guy is a rock, and someone you want as your 6/7 guy in the postseason.

Honestly I would hope Boston would not give him up and instead use Matt Gryzelcyk. As Gryz would not really have a role at that time, and I would much rather keep McQuaid as the postseason #7
he doesn't fit the system needs we already have staal holden and smith that can't move up the ice at a pace fast enough for AV

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Sweeney, in essence, convinced him to leave College ahead of schedule.... the adjustment to the pro game is why he's in Providence at present.

Something tells me bjork would be happy to go to ny and be able to play NHL vs being in providence. There are places I could imagine he’d be upset at being moved too. Ny isn’t one of them

Reactions: don

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FYI, B's have only 5 M in cap availability....

FWIW these contracts would be pro-rated. It's not like you'd be hit with all of Nash's $7.8 (if he were included) and FWIW I wouldn't be against taking back contracts depending on whom and what kind of term length....though get ready to pay a 2nd or a 3rd or something for it. You could handle McDonagh's pro-rated $4.7 without much of an issue IMO.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
FWIW these contracts would be pro-rated. It's not like you'd be hit with all of Nash's $7.8 (if he were included) and FWIW I wouldn't be against taking back contracts depending on whom and what kind of term length....though get ready to pay a 2nd or a 3rd or something for it. You could handle McDonagh's pro-rated $4.7 without much of an issue IMO.

Yes Boston can handle McDonagh's 4.7 million without an issue. Maybe not for a few weeks, but yes they could.

But Rick Nash and his 7.8 million is almost impossible without NY both retaining a lot of money, and eating Beleshy, neither of which will happen.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yes Boston can handle McDonagh's 4.7 million without an issue. Maybe not for a few weeks, but yes they could.

But Rick Nash and his 7.8 million is almost impossible without NY both retaining a lot of money, and eating Beleshy, neither of which will happen.

Belesky, probably not, but there's no reason at all that the Rangers couldn't retain on Nash. He's a pending UFA and it's not like we are going to need that cap space this year.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Belesky, probably not, but there's no reason at all that the Rangers couldn't retain on Nash. He's a pending UFA and it's not like we are going to need that cap space this year.

At the deadline the Bruins will have enough cap space to bring someone in who is making 5.2 million. So they can add a McDonagh. Even if the Rangers retained the maximum, the Bruins would need to clear about 3.5 million in space

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
It’s been reported that he maybe possibly just might be available for not a discount so without knowing any of the Rangers needs here it goes

2018 1st
Zboril/UV/lauzon/Lindgren/2018 2nd
Senyshyn/bjork/2018 2nd
Frederic/jfk/studnicka

For
Mcdonagh

OR

Krug
2018 1st
Frederic/jfk

For
Mcdonagh

I doubt this goes well

I don't want any parrt of Krug because we already have two pp guys, not sending Mac to boston unless something of Debrusk is coming back

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Rangers should rebuild their farm so a 1st + is essential for Ryan Mc.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I don't want any parrt of Krug because we already have two pp guys, not sending Mac to boston unless something of Debrusk is coming back

I'd prefer the other deal without Krug anyway. I think there's a lot that Boston can offer without including Debrusk that I'd be fine moving McD for.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
It’s been reported that he maybe possibly just might be available for not a discount so without knowing any of the Rangers needs here it goes

2018 1st
Zboril/UV/lauzon/Lindgren/2018 2nd
Senyshyn/bjork/2018 2nd
Frederic/jfk/studnicka

For
Mcdonagh

OR

Krug
2018 1st
Frederic/jfk

For
Mcdonagh

I doubt this goes well

Krug is younger and better, he alone has more value.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Krug is younger and better, he alone has more value.

I'm a huge Krug fan but he's not better than McDonagh. I think thier value is closer because of age and contract but McD is at the worst a very good top paring defencmen if not a true #1 . Krug is a great offensive defencmen but is best served as a #3 guy like a Yandle, Shattenkirk, Barrie, Ghost, Hamilton, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad