Proposal: Mcdonagh to boston

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
I love what Lindgren brings to the table. He and Lias would be a great leadership core 5 years from now.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Probably one of the best offers I’ve see for McD. I’m reluctant to trade him, but a package of Zboril/Lindgren/UV+JFK+1st is really good. Throwing in Bjork, Donato or Senyshyn is just gravy. Rangers can backfill with AHL bodies and other stuff too to make it work

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The teams appear to make very good trade partners. For the Bruins fans, McDonagh is the real deal #1 defenseman. He’s an absolute gem. If they can negotiate a 6 year deal that’s ideal. 7 is okay. His skating and the way he trains most likely means you won’t have a Seabrook on your hands.

I am actually really liking some of the offers in here and Boston appears to have the depth to refill any hole they make. Oh what depth must be like

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I'd much rather trade prospects like Zboril and Senyshyn over trading JFK or Donato or Bjork...I am really high on Donato...think he might be real special.

I would do:
Zboril, Senyshyn, Lauzon (or Lindgren) and 2nd round pick.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I'd much rather trade prospects like Zboril and Senyshyn over trading JFK or Donato or Bjork...I am really high on Donato...think he might be real special.

I would do:
Mac is automatically returning a first with whatever its packaged with

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

I would do:

Ny counters with lauzon, senyshyn, JFK, 1st, what’s the counter to the counter

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The difference between McDonagh and Krug is not a 1st + top prospect.

And no thanks on the Bruins side, not worth making that big of a shakeup to the team. They are gelling as a unit and dont want to mess with the chemistry. Especially since adding defense is a luxury, they are already tops in the NHL in goals allowed.

Not a commentary on McDonagh as a player, just that the Bruins dont need more than a depth move or 2 this year.

Can't imagine they'd trade him, and can't imagine the Bruins would be the highest bidder. I'll play along though.

BOS 1st 2018
BOS 2nd 2019
Jakub Zboril or Jeremey Lauzon (LHD not as needed anymore with McDonaughs acquisition)
Adam McQuaid (D help for the rangers and salary. No real value add here)

This is a deal I think Sweeney would do. Basically ends up being two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick, and Lauzon/Zboril could step into the NHL as soon as next year more than likely.

However, I am 99% sure this deal would get outbid.

Also - I am holding onto Frederic/JFK for dear life. Center depth isn't great after them and I can;t imagine Spooner re signing here.

he will turn 29 this summer... 30 the following summer. to resign him he will want a 6-7 year deal. half of that deal will be value most likely but we are looking at another situation here that might resemble seabrook by the time 33-34 rolls around

obviously today and next year this is a guy bruins would really benefit from having in house. hes pretty much ideal in my opinion for what can push us over the top. but is he someone that makes sense on a new contract? and if we aren't going to sign him beyond next year can we really give up 4 very attractive assets?

id like the deal to be a bit bigger. I might be willing to pay more but I want more too. use this deal to load us up for a cup run. get new York to eat some salary if they want our best young assets

kevin hayes isn't in the rumor mill {and his brother was a bad experience} but id try to add him into the deal. get rangers to take back the contract of belesky so we can afford the extra cap hit... give up a bit better prospect package.

for mcdonagh and hayes... id give up the 2018 first, the 2019 first... id also give up the second rounder this year if rangers take belesky... id give up any d prospect not currently in the nhl. id give up any forward prospect not currently in the nhl. and id throw in a conditional pick if mconagh resigns

so 3 {4} picks and 2 top prospects... seems like a ton but the deal strongly sets us up as favorites for the cup over the next 2 years. got to give to get

A. NY will settle on best offer, which depending on exact pieces is likely to be most young cheap talent/prospects.

B. We welcome all serious bids that drive up the price.

C. I don't expect Bs to make top offer, but I would love to be surprised.

D. Although we are not married to Hayes, we are not moving either him or Vesey prematurely, cause that would send a bad signal to unrestricted college FAs. After his next deal, I would say Hayes is tradeable w/out such stigma. Vesey, will take longer.

--------
Thanks for decent offers on McD [Hayes underrated and tried to add for nothing, no dice.]

Which brings me to my next post....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
... my next post, what about

Skjei AND McDonagh
for
McAvoy AND a ton of good stuff?

B's still have enough RD and totally solve their LD with Skjei a build move, and reciprocal for the Rangers. It would be huge risk for NY that guys like Sean Day scheduled for the A next year are ready, and a gamble that Graves who has been down too long is ready to spell Skjei minus the growing pains again; however, it could be worth it if we get McAvoy for 1RD, put Shatty at 2RD, and Pionk at 3RD, AND a ton of good prospects and picks.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

Skjei AND McDonagh
for

B's still have enough RD and totally solve their LD with Skjei a build move, and reciprocal for the Rangers. It would be huge risk for NY that guys like Sean Day scheduled for the A next year are ready, and a gamble that Graves who has been down too long is ready to spell Skjei minus the growing pains again; however, it could be worth it if we get McAvoy for 1RD, put Shatty at 2RD, and Pionk at 3RD, AND a ton of good prospects and picks.
giphy.gif

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Skjei AND McDonagh
for

Bern...put yourself on the other team, then make a proposal.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
From the B's perspective, I think they'd do just about all of these deals. They'd probably prefer to send 2 LHD out of Zboril/Lauzon/Urho/Lingdren maybe Gryz, and then likely another forward prospect plus the first. I realize NY may not want all those LHD, but Boston can definitely offer quantity.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm very tempted by the Krug, 1st, prospect build.

Only problem is we'd then have to deal Skjei most likely because I don't Shattenkirk playing with Krug or Skjei.

The thought of Krug-Smith under a coach that knows how to use Smith gives me goosebumps.

Reactions: Ori

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
i wouldn't want any part of McQuaid

Not sure why.

McQuaid is a class act, and an outstanding clubhouse guy. If he were in the deal it would be so NY has a decent guy on the backend and Boston saves a couple bucks, but if NY didn't want him they could easily flip him to a contender. The guy is a rock, and someone you want as your 6/7 guy in the postseason.

Honestly I would hope Boston would not give him up and instead use Matt Gryzelcyk. As Gryz would not really have a role at that time, and I would much rather keep McQuaid as the postseason #7

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Skjei AND McDonagh
for

There's maybe 2-3 players in the whole league that would get you McAvoy and none play for the NYR. Forget about it.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
McDonagh + Nash + Grabner

Lindgren + Bjork + Zboril + 2018 1st + Conditional 2019 2nd (becomes 2019 1st if BOS makes Stanley Cup Finals in 2018)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad