Proposal: Mcdonagh to boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It’s been reported that he maybe possibly just might be available for not a discount so without knowing any of the Rangers needs here it goes

2018 1st
Zboril/UV/lauzon/Lindgren/2018 2nd
Senyshyn/bjork/2018 2nd
Frederic/jfk/studnicka

For
Mcdonagh

OR

Krug
2018 1st
Frederic/jfk

For
Mcdonagh

I doubt this goes well

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think that is a huge offer. I am sure that people who don't know those prospects will say it's not good enough, but if the Rangers are looking for picks and good prospects, that deal is very good for the Rangers and obviously good for the Bruins right now.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think giving all the options complicated things. Just offer the best from each group.

Lauzon + Bjork + Frederic + 1st

Those are pretty much my favorite Bruins prospects. That really hurts but there is no way to get McDonagh without it hurting.

Reactions: go4hockey

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It’s been reported that he maybe possibly just might be available for not a discount so without knowing any of the Rangers needs here it goes

2018 1st
Senyshyn/bjork/2018 2nd
Frederic/jfk/studnicka

For
Mcdonagh

OR

Krug
2018 1st
Frederic/jfk

For
Mcdonagh

I doubt this goes well

The difference between McDonagh and Krug is not a 1st + top prospect.

And no thanks on the Bruins side, not worth making that big of a shakeup to the team. They are gelling as a unit and dont want to mess with the chemistry. Especially since adding defense is a luxury, they are already tops in the NHL in goals allowed.

Not a commentary on McDonagh as a player, just that the Bruins dont need more than a depth move or 2 this year.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Those are pretty much my favorite Bruins prospects. That really hurts but there is no way to get McDonagh without it hurting.

Its a lot of value. I am sure at this point though that Rangers fans are holding out hope for a one for one deal with a sexy name. (Nylander/Marner type)

Last edited:

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Its a lot of value. I am sure at this point thought that Rangers fans are holding out hope for a one for one deal with a sexy name. (Nylander/Marner type)

I am sure you are right. It's a good offer but it would depend on what they were looking for.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
Its a lot of value. I am sure at this point thought that Rangers fans are holding out hope for a one for one deal with a sexy name. (Nylander/Marner type)
This is one of the ways I hope. Not very realistic. More likely, however, is trade like Stepan for 7OA.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
1st, bjork, Karlsson probably works for me.

Honestly, the first is probably my least favorite part here. I'll take 3 real good prospects.

Reactions: haveandare

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think giving all the options complicated things. Just offer the best from each group.

Lauzon + Bjork + Frederic + 1st

I was leaving beauty in the eye of the beholder. Maybe you think that’s the best. Maybe they think it’s zboril senyshyn and jfk. I was just throwing all those names out there so they wouldn’t get bogged down by “I don’t like senyshyn so no dice” when in reality it’s just take 3 prospects who aren’t in the nhl and a 1st, dealers choice. The only one i left out is donato

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I was leaving beauty in the eye of the beholder. Maybe you think that’s the best. Maybe they think it’s zboril senyshyn and jfk. I was just throwing all those names out there so they wouldn’t get bogged down by “I don’t like senyshyn so no dice” when in reality it’s just take 3 prospects who aren’t in the nhl and a 1st, dealers choice. The only one i left out is donato

Yeah, I get it, its just overwhelming ESPECIALLY since most people can only name like one prospect on other teams.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Can't imagine they'd trade him, and can't imagine the Bruins would be the highest bidder. I'll play along though.

BOS 1st 2018
BOS 2nd 2019
Jakub Zboril or Jeremey Lauzon (LHD not as needed anymore with McDonaughs acquisition)
Adam McQuaid (D help for the rangers and salary. No real value add here)

This is a deal I think Sweeney would do. Basically ends up being two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick, and Lauzon/Zboril could step into the NHL as soon as next year more than likely.

However, I am 99% sure this deal would get outbid.

Also - I am holding onto Frederic/JFK for dear life. Center depth isn't great after them and I can;t imagine Spooner re signing here.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
1st, bjork, Karlsson probably works for me.

Honestly, the first is probably my least favorite part here. I'll take 3 real good prospects.

Honestly, giving up closer bodies instead of the first might be better for Boston, too. Not enough roster spots to give all these kids coming at once a fair chance.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I like the first one if its 2018 1st + Lindgren + 2018 2nd + Frederic. Thats a deal to me honestly, i like that. The only way you could make that better for the Rangers is if you make that 2nd rounder a 1st in 2019.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

And no thanks on the Bruins side, not worth making that big of a shakeup to the team. They are gelling as a unit and dont want to mess with the chemistry. Especially since adding defense is a luxury, they are already tops in the NHL in goals allowed.

Not a commentary on McDonagh as a player, just that the Bruins dont need more than a depth move or 2 this year.

Chara, Krug, Gryzleck. In June. Do you feel confident in 40 year old Chara not needing additional defensive help on the left side? How about the fact that he wore down in the playoffs 5 years ago in the Chicago series. He didn't get younger in that time period.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like the first one if its 2018 1st + Lindgren + 2018 2nd + Frederic. Thats a deal to me honestly, i like that. The only way you could make that better for the Rangers is if you make that 2nd rounder a 1st in 2019.

I'd prefer to give up another prospect instead of one of those picks just to space our the system better, but, it wouldn't stop me from sending this package to the Rangers at all.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Its a lot of value. I am sure at this point though that Rangers fans are holding out hope for a one for one deal with a sexy name. (Nylander/Marner type)
I can definitely see them waiting for that. If they will get it, that remains to be seen, but they rightfully should try to get the best offer. Unless you are the Bruins, they tend to never do that with their stars, huh....

Reactions: wintersej

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Strongest offers I've seen for McDonagh. Probably more in line with what the Rangers would want; I.e., guys that can play soon rather than a deal based around picks.

I bet the deal without Krug would be preferable.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
he will turn 29 this summer... 30 the following summer. to resign him he will want a 6-7 year deal. half of that deal will be value most likely but we are looking at another situation here that might resemble seabrook by the time 33-34 rolls around

obviously today and next year this is a guy bruins would really benefit from having in house. hes pretty much ideal in my opinion for what can push us over the top. but is he someone that makes sense on a new contract? and if we aren't going to sign him beyond next year can we really give up 4 very attractive assets?

id like the deal to be a bit bigger. I might be willing to pay more but I want more too. use this deal to load us up for a cup run. get new York to eat some salary if they want our best young assets

kevin hayes isn't in the rumor mill {and his brother was a bad experience} but id try to add him into the deal. get rangers to take back the contract of belesky so we can afford the extra cap hit... give up a bit better prospect package.

for mcdonagh and hayes... id give up the 2018 first, the 2019 first... id also give up the second rounder this year if rangers take belesky... id give up any d prospect not currently in the nhl. id give up any forward prospect not currently in the nhl. and id throw in a conditional pick if mconagh resigns

so 3 {4} picks and 2 top prospects... seems like a ton but the deal strongly sets us up as favorites for the cup over the next 2 years. got to give to get

Reactions: wafflepadsave

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
he will turn 29 this summer... 30 the following summer. to resign him he will want a 6-7 year deal. half of that deal will be value most likely but we are looking at another situation here that might resemble seabrook by the time 33-34 rolls around

obviously today and next year this is a guy bruins would really benefit from having in house. hes pretty much ideal in my opinion for what can push us over the top. but is he someone that makes sense on a new contract? and if we aren't going to sign him beyond next year can we really give up 4 very attractive assets?

id like the deal to be a bit bigger. I might be willing to pay more but I want more too. use this deal to load us up for a cup run. get new York to eat some salary if they want our best young assets

kevin hayes isn't in the rumor mill {and his brother was a bad experience} but id try to add him into the deal. get rangers to take back the contract of belesky so we can afford the extra cap hit... give up a bit better prospect package.

for mcdonagh and hayes... id give up the 2018 first, the 2019 first... id also give up the second rounder this year if rangers take belesky... id give up any d prospect not currently in the nhl. id give up any forward prospect not currently in the nhl. and id throw in a conditional pick if mconagh resigns

so 3 {4} picks and 2 top prospects... seems like a ton but the deal strongly sets us up as favorites for the cup over the next 2 years. got to give to get
Rather have Zuccarello or even Nash on his expiring contract. Hayes is having a poor season and seems to dog it.....Zucc is all blood and guts and a great playoff guy and Nash is excellent defensively and with Krejci would have a lot of space....Getting McDonagh would be tremendous.

Krug would have to go back as with McD....He would play far less and his money would be needed to off set money coming back. Lets get ZUCC or NASH and make this deal bigger and address our two critical needs. a Top pairing DMAN and a top 6 winger for Krejci.

Krug, ???? Bjork, Number 1 2018 ..............Love to get this done somehow.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

2018 1st
Senyshyn/bjork/2018 2nd
Frederic/jfk/studnicka

For
Mcdonagh

OR

Krug
2018 1st
Frederic/jfk

For
Mcdonagh

I doubt this goes well
I...

Kudos. I expected this open this thread and find some horrific low ball. I don't know if I would make either deal but I don't know that I wouldn't either. It is a much fairer offer than I expected to see.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

You are right, the difference is larger than that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rather have Zuccarello or even Nash on his expiring contract. Hayes is having a poor season and seems to dog it.....Zucc is all blood and guts and a great playoff guy and Nash is excellent defensively and with Krejci would have a lot of space....Getting McDonagh would be tremendous.

Krug would have to go back as with McD....He would play far less and his money would be needed to off set money coming back. Lets get ZUCC or NASH and make this deal bigger and address our two critical needs. a Top pairing DMAN and a top 6 winger for Krejci.

Krug, ???? Bjork, Number 1 2018 ..............Love to get this done somehow.

You don't know what you're talking about. Hayes is having a good season. Hayes has been used in a defensive center role this season and has excelled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad