Confirmed with Link: McDonagh + Miller to Tampa Bay for Namestnikov + Howden + Hajek + 2018 1st + conditional 2019 1st

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I can picture 'ol Glen walking up to JT smiling with his unlit cigar in a corner of his mouth doing exactly what he did to Miller.

Can you imagine the feeling with another few hours left in your flight? What a shitty way to find that out.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
We now need to find another humble, soft spoken, lead-by-example-not-voice type of player to give the C to to replace McD. Zucc has a ton of energy, doesn’t back down from anyone, is a top point producer on the ice for us, has the respect from his peers, and worst of all is vocal and leads in the locker room. He’ll get the A if he’s lucky. Kreider is pretty quiet, humble, is a point leader on the ice for us and most importantly speaks multiple languages so he will definitely will be the RangersTown choice of C irrespective of actual leadership skills of course.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We now need to find another humble, soft spoken, lead-by-example-not-voice type of player to give the C to to replace McD. Zucc has a ton of energy, doesn’t back down from anyone, is a top point producer on the ice for us, has the respect from his peers, and worst of all is vocal and leads in the locker room. He’ll get the A if he’s lucky. Kreider is pretty quiet, humble, is a point leader on the ice for us and most importantly speaks multiple languages so he will definitely will be the RangersTown choice of C irrespective of actual leadership skills of course.

Zucc already as an A.

He'll also likely have a new team to play for in 4 months.

Storm Bolt

Feb 27, 2018
Tampa Bay
Best of luck to Namestnikov.

Also, I was really high on Howden and Hajek. Hajek especially has been trending upwards a lot. When I heard your GM specifically asked for Hajek, it made me think he also suspects he has a lot of growth potential and supported my hunch that he's going to be a really good player.

In a couple of years the Lightning will feel the true cost of this trade when they see Howden' s and Hajek's development. Best of luck to them.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Best of luck to Namestnikov.

Also, I was really high on Howden and Hajek. Hajek especially has been trending upwards a lot. When I heard your GM specifically asked for Hajek, it made me think he also suspects he has a lot of growth potential and supported my hunch that he's going to be a really good player.

In a couple of years the Lightning will feel the true cost of this trade when they see Howden' s and Hajek's development. Best of luck to them.

Thanks...go win the Cup.

(Then suck next year.) :naughty:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not elite offensive skill, not a big goal-scorer, not a great skater.
I think he's a nice pick at 7-10. I will flip if we got a top 5 pick and picked him. Actually I'm hoping that if we pick in the 4-7 range some team ahead of us will pick him to hopefully free up one of the talented dmen for us.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I guess my biggest concern is that you NEED star power. You need that big 1-2 punch. You have to have guys that scare the other team. I feel like as 'good' as any of these prospects turn out to be, whether that be the picks from TB or the Anderssons or Chytils, where are the Rangers going to get the true stars from? Are they banking on who they draft? They're not going to land a McDavid, Matthews, etc. Chances are they are going to have to acquire them. Is that possible? Do they even have anything left to give? Because as someone else mentioned, we'll just end up where we were without the big bombers.

The teams that win the Cup acquire their best players through the draft.

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Every Cup winning team is different. The 1994 team was built with some home grown talent in Leetch, Richter, Kovalev and Zubov but the rest was acquired through trades and free agency.

Pre lockout comparisons are essentially completely invalid. The landscape is just different because of the Cap.

The game has also changed significant and now favors speed over most everything else. Speed = youth.

Reactions: Elliman

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The teams that win the Cup acquire their best players through the draft.

The teams that win the cup acquire *many* of their best players through the draft, lest you forget Pronger, Niedermayer, Rafalski, Hasek, Hossa, Sharp, Chara, Horton, Thomas, Williams, Carter, Gaborik, or Kessel.

No argument that you need to draft top players. You also need to supplement them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad