Confirmed with Link: McDonagh + Miller to Tampa Bay for Namestnikov + Howden + Hajek + 2018 1st + conditional 2019 1st

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If Rykov reaches his ceiling it is because he has decent defensive play and good offensive skills, a real two way guy. If Hajek reaches his ceiling it is because he plays top notch defense against top line opponents, while chipping in only a little bit on offense. Just my take.

Hajek is far better offensively than you’re giving him credit for. He has .5ppg point upside. His offensive game has developed leaps and bounds year over year. It’s part of why a lot of folks have re-evaluated the guy a bit.

Reactions: Alluckks

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Think we are splitting hairs here.

Last year I was very impressed with Rykov’s game at WJC. He stood out relative to the whole field and specifically relative to highly touted Sergachev. Similarly, Hajek stood out this past WJC.

Re. Rykov, this year he continues to progress but it’s hard to see as he’ sheltered with very limited minutes given how deep SKA roster is. Still an accomplishment IMHO as to give you perspective, SKA has such a deep roster that if it had to put out a lineup based on the second tier it would probably be a bubble team able to stay in the competition for a playoff spot.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Try reading some scouting articles.

Come on now. Are you really going to put THAT as your argument? How many times are scotuing reports glowing for guys who become complete busts?

I get it if you agree with the reports but to pretend like THAT is the be all, end all to this discussion and declaratively reject someone's differing opinion on prospect growth? Just silly.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So I went to the Bolts board and read their JT Miller thread.

It made me ANGRY...at RANGERS fans.

There weren't too many posts there but most of them were negative with people feeling like they should have kept Vlad and they weren't too positive on Miller.

Now there may be two possibilities at play here:

1) The Rangers fan hysteria about their fans not being sorry to see anyone go was complete bullshit and temper tantrum throwing. Highly likely.

2) That thread was started after Miller's unproductive first game and Vlad's 2 point first game. In that case people using the opinions of that fan base look ridiculous. If 1 game for each player makes you change your mind on the trade, how much stock can you put into what they think of the trade?

Either way some in our fan base looked REALLY bad to me. Wah wah wah, the Lightning fans are peeing themselves in happiness, wah wah wah, they're not sorry to see anyone go, wah wah wah.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

There weren't too many posts there but most of them were negative with people feeling like they should have kept Vlad and they weren't too positive on Miller.

1) The Rangers fan hysteria about their fans not being sorry to see anyone go was complete bull**** and temper tantrum throwing. Highly likely.

2) That thread was started after Miller's unproductive first game and Vlad's 2 point first game. In that case people using the opinions of that fan base look ridiculous. If 1 game for each player makes you change your mind on the trade, how much stock can you put into what they think of the trade?

Either way some in our fan base looked REALLY bad to me. Wah wah wah, the Lightning fans are peeing themselves in happiness, wah wah wah, they're not sorry to see anyone go, wah wah wah.
They seem more positive about JT since his game last night.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

1) The Rangers fan hysteria about their fans not being sorry to see anyone go was complete bull**** and temper tantrum throwing. Highly likely.

Lightning fans on this board are intensely fickle.

Their opinion changes with the tides

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Which is why some of the people in this thread made themselves look foolish by citing how they judged the trade as some sort of proof that we got screwed.

The older I've gotten, the more I tend to phrase things by saying "I think" or "Most likely" and other such qualifiers.

The truth is that we don't really know, we're all just putting guesses out there --- educated or otherwise.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Nyr really needs these 3 young Dman to hit cause the current group will be lucky to have 1 solid nhler

Next year Skjei , Shattenkirk , Staal , Smith , Kampfer , Deangelo , Gilmour is my guess

Rykov in khl , Lindgren or Hajek May make it but shouldn’t be rushed so AHL may be better

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Just tracking Miller. Had two primary assists last night, to Point and Stamkos goals. Beautiful headman to Stamkos for a breakaway.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
TB fans were saying earlier in the game that Miller was lazy in the defensive zone and plays like he doesn't care. Then he scores and it's all good again. That's him in a nutshell. Good and bad. Inconsistent, but will put up points.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
https://nypost.com/2018/03/03/rangers-new-young-stud-real-close-to-playing-in-nhl-coach/

This is why I don't listen to fans analyzing trades. They basically have no clue who the prospects are. I've seen several places where they say this kid is going to be a top 4 defenseman with offense. Get that with a 1st, 2nd(maybe 1st), Howden and you get rid of lazy Miller and get a solid player in return. This deal will be a steal for Gorton very soon. I respect McDonagh but anytime you get two young players who are going to be very good players for you for a long time for 2 guys you really don't want to pay, it's a win. Not to mention the picks.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
https://nypost.com/2018/03/03/rangers-new-young-stud-real-close-to-playing-in-nhl-coach/

This is why I don't listen to fans analyzing trades. They basically have no clue who the prospects are. I've seen several places where they say this kid is going to be a top 4 defenseman with offense. Get that with a 1st, 2nd(maybe 1st), Howden and you get rid of lazy Miller and get a solid player in return. This deal will be a steal for Gorton very soon. I respect McDonagh but anytime you get two young players who are going to be very good players for you for a long time for 2 guys you really don't want to pay, it's a win. Not to mention the picks.

Not saying it wasn't a good deal for the Rangers, but scouts get it wrong, and frequently. Even both look good now in the WHL doesn't guarantee they will hit their peak potential once they make it to the NHL.

Rangers won't know what they have with those picks for another 3 to 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad