Player Discussion McDavid sit out the All-Star game?

Do you think it's a good idea for McDavid to sit out the All-Star game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Saw the Ovie thread on the mains.

Ovie is sitting it out to rest and recuperate. The Capitals need him less than the Oilers need McDavid.

Watch a game and it's obvious the league doesn't have McDavids' back (or knee or shoulder or...). Why help?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Saw the Ovie thread on the mains.

Ovie is sitting it out to rest and recuperate. The Capitals need him less than the Oilers need McDavid.

Watch a game and it's obvious the league doesn't have McDavids' back (or knee or shoulder or...). Why help?

You make a valid point.

Send a message to the league. You want me to be the new poster boy for the NHL? Start treating me like it and make more calls when I'm being held, hooked and sticked. Until then, f*** you and your all star game PR bullshit.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Ovie will get suspended a game to do that. It's not worth it.

I dunno, its kind of one of those "take one step backwards to take 2 steps forward"

The guy was rehabbing all summer instead of training/conditioning, so having the chance to take a breather for 13 days and let his body recover a bit, might be the best thing for the final push in February and March

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I dunno, its kind of one of those "take one step backwards to take 2 steps forward"

The guy was rehabbing all summer instead of training/conditioning, so having the chance to take a breather for 13 days and let his body recover a bit, might be the best thing for the final push in February and March
Yea, true

I shudder to think of what our team would look like without McDavid

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Apart from a possible injury I see no reason he shouldn’t go. It’s the all star game not a playoff game, guys only try on offence. As for Ovi, he has a lot more miles on and a history of trying to get out of these games. The best player in the league should be there imo

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Of course. Sit the game. Publically say you're rehabbing your ribs from all the slashes, hooks, holds, crosscheck you take that aren't called. Release a video of non calls and show your bruises.

If the league wants to ride its stars for a paycheck, they should treat them like stars. If they want to give the third liners the preferential treatment, let them adorn the all-star game.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Sit out demanding that NHL imcreases cap max to 100M

Him being forced to play with 1M players needs to end.
Player max should be no more than 10% of total max.
If these guys want 10M+ deals then cap needs to be over 100M

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Someone needs to make a 2019/2020 version of that classic 'McDavid non-call' Youtube video.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I remember last season when some hoped Draisaitl didn't get in on the final vote because he needed the break to rest. All he did after was lead the league in goals, third in points.

McDavid probably wants to go and sacrificing a regular season not to go, adds up to it being better that he plays.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I mean the all star game is more socializing and doing interviews than actually anything really physical. Have you guys not watched the all star events?

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
The game is about entertainment (money) nothing else. McDavid is a big part of the show (and gets paid a big part) so he should go.
When I say the game I mean all the games not just the all star game.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The Oilers play one game between Jan 15 and Jan 28. I think that will be more than enough rest for McDavid. Having him miss the game on the 29th vs Calgary would be a huge mistake.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
McDavid should go to the All Star Game. It will give him an opportunity to win something as he has no chance of winning anything on this bad hockey team.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I f***ing hope so. Grow some balls Edmonton and ask 97 to sit out the all star game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apart from a possible injury I see no reason he shouldn’t go. It’s the all star game not a playoff game, guys only try on offence. As for Ovi, he has a lot more miles on and a history of trying to get out of these games. The best player in the league should be there imo
Well this really. Didn't Horcoff get hurt there? There is probably even more of a chance at getting hurt now due to 3 on 3 and guys getting more speed than ever before.

As others have said show videos of all the slashed and hooks and such.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I am not sure about that “best player in the league” thing anymore... I’m not saying that to start a fight, but geez McDavid’s got big holes in his game lately... most electrifying? Absolutely... but I’d take Crosby cause he does everything a Captain should in 200ft to win as a team... OR I’d even take Mackinnon cause he seems more consistent... just saying.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
What do the Oilers gain??? They lose McDavid for a key game vs the Flames for what exactly?
In other words when they are basically 7 to 10 points back of a playoff spot and out of it in a month you want McDavid for that crucial game....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad