Confirmed with Link: McDavid signs 8-year, $100M extension ($12.5M AAV)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
From the 3:40 mark on that video you can see like 2-3 goals involving McDavid + Nugent Hopkins ... we really, really need to try that combo IMO.

In the few times they have done it, it seems to me like they've scored several times.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
He would still be closer to Crosby... But also ahead

Well the runner up for Art Ross averages 88 points during the last four seasons. McDavid would beat that nine straigth years and do it with a healthy margin for eigth.

His best years would be 35% higher than the #2. He would also have six Art Rosses with higher than 20% winning margin, something that Crosby has achieved 0 times.

A consistent resume such as that could very well put him above Mario Lemieux in the all-time rankings sense.

Of course this doesn't factor that there are going to be players other than McDavid hitting significantly above that 88 points in some years, like Kane did recently. And there could be another generational talent who hits 100 points consistently as well.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Oh McDavid...missed watching you play.

track_20_1.gif

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I really hope he gets a little more selfish next season. He could easily score 50 soon. That goal he scored in the playoffs where he checked back and roofed it shows that he has a very good shot.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I really hope he gets a little more selfish next season. He could easily score 50 soon. That goal he scored in the playoffs where he checked back and roofed it shows that he has a very good shot.

Yeah. I've seen people on the mains calling McDavid's shot average. He has a good shot, just needs to use it more.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Oh McDavid...missed watching you play.

track_20_1.gif

Filthy. I think he scores 40 this year and starts shooting more. That puck control on that highlight is classic McDavid. How that kid controls the puck on a string with his feet and hands moving at hyper speed and is still able to slow the game down in his mind will never cease to amaze me.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
There you have in, the fake pass is this years new move, everyone will know he's doing it but will bite on it all year because "he always passes"

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There you have in, the fake pass is this years new move, everyone will know he's doing it but will bite on it all year because "he always passes"

Agreed, it will really screw with goalies because they can no longer cheat on the pass.

NeutralFan88

Jun 23, 2017
But...but...the Flames picked up Travis Hamonic and Mike Smith...:laugh:

Yeah, I don't see mcDavid breaking through that top 3/5 Nashville clone D as easy as last year...

Now that Gulutins (don't care for the correct spelling) system is down pat, they should be a top 3 NHL team. I mean, screw circus time, they were unstoppable past January last year.

Even the goaltending, that apparently did them in all year, saved their bacon and got them on a hot streak to get back in the playoffs.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
That's the scary thing about McD. He scored 100 points and he has so much more room to improve. I think he'll score 45 goals while getting around the same assists

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
That's the scary thing about McD. He scored 100 points and he has so much more room to improve. I think he'll score 45 goals while getting around the same assists

Yup...scary indeed. Scarier is the fact that he knows exactly what he needs to improve on and does just that. Improve on it. It's quite incredible, even seen through the eyes of a Gretzky era fan here!

Looking forward to the upcoming year here! :yo:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wasn't even fair. He was toying with that defenceman :popcorn:

Think that's Demers too, so that really was an NHL quality defensive effort. Demers is an expert at no contact stick waving D ;)

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Yeah, I don't see mcDavid breaking through that top 3/5 Nashville clone D as easy as last year...

Now that Gulutins (don't care for the correct spelling) system is down pat, they should be a top 3 NHL team. I mean, screw circus time, they were unstoppable past January last year.

Even the goaltending, that apparently did them in all year, saved their bacon and got them on a hot streak to get back in the playoffs.

Umm, no they were not. Pretty sure the Ducks embarrassed them.

Don't get me wrong here, they have what appears on paper anyway to be one of the top defensive teams in the league but they will not go very far with Crying Johnny leading their offence. It will take a couple of more years before the Flames realize they need to move him out for them to have great playoff success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad