News Article: McDavid receives one first place vote for the Hart Trophy

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I know Shane very well. Terry Jones’ son, runs the sports division for the Sherwood Park News and works for Canadian Press doing Oilers and Eskimo games.

Trust me, he knows his stuff big time.
That’s interesting information OJ. Thanks. Seems like he isn’t on the list anyway.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Chapter Chair
Mark Spector, Sportsnet.ca, 1990, @SportsnetSpec (PHWA President)
Members
Rob Tychkowski, Postmedia, 1996, @Sun_Tychkowski
Shane Jones, Canadian Press, 2012, @realshanejones
Jason Gregor, Oilers Nation, 2014, @JasonGregor
Marty Klinkenberg, Globe and Mail, 2015, @globemartyk
Daniel Nugent-Bowman, The Athletic, 2018, @DNBsports

I think Terry Jones is still included, just as a life-time member, but must not have voted. Jim Matheson isn't listed in this chapter either, but is included in the life-time member section, and was allowed to vote.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
Kucherov isn't even the most valuable player on his own team. So if it's just going to be a second Art Ross trophy the definition should be changed

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
"Shelly Anderson (Pittsburgh Hockey Now) selected a defenseman in the Forward category. All-Rookie votes for all positions thrown out, All-Star and trophy votes counted"

Also voted johnny hobbit over McDavid for the Hart. Like seriously get a different job.

Reactions: Summary

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Shrimpy Gaudrau right after McDavid, really? This whole thing is a sham, Connor McDavid is the greatest player of all time and this just proves there is some kind of pact against the Oilers. Horrible reffing and schedule, strategic voting in awards, it's getting to the point where it's just too much. I honestly hope Trudeau does an inquiry into the NHL at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad