News Article: McDavid receives one first place vote for the Hart Trophy

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
D9eI1agXoAE98a_.png

The Hart Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the player "judged most valuable to his team during the regular season"

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Honestly, what strikes me as way stupider is that Kucherov had 171 votes in the top 5. McDavid had 109.

That means there was at least (I'm assuming everyone voted Kucherov top 5) 62 people that didn't even have McDavid in the top 5.

Honestly, f*** those guys. They shouldn't be allowed to vote on anything.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
This goes to show you how UNINTELLIGENT and just BRUTAL these guys are lol. Holy crap, Jhonny diver got more.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I really think Kucherov deserves it but I hope that they open a discussion of the award. Between Hall winning last year and Kucherov this year I don't get how voting is based. According to NHL "the Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given "to the player adjudged to be the most valuable to his team. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association in all NHL cities at the end of the regular season." My problem is that you Vasilevskiy winning the Vezina by a landslide and also Hedman coming third in Norris votes. Was kucherov the best player this year. Yes.

So we go from a player who had a sizable gap on the next player on a team that struggled and barely made the playoffs one year then the next a player who lead the league and had a 12 point gap on the next player in the league but also had an allstar team who won trophies. The year before the league leader had 15 point gap over the hart trophy player.

Reactions: Summary

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Remember folks!

JHANNY HACKEY Got his team into the playoffs!

**Then SHAT the bed hard once in them**

No career years or Norris seasons by anybody else on his team. Midget did it all himself!

Reactions: TB12

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I really think Kucherov deserves it but I hope that they open a discussion of the award. Between Hall winning last year and Kucherov this year I don't get how voting is based. According to NHL "the Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given "to the player adjudged to be the most valuable to his team. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association in all NHL cities at the end of the regular season." My problem is that you Vasilevskiy winning the Vezina by a landslide and also Hedman coming third in Norris votes. Was kucherov the best player this year. Yes.

So we go from a player who had a sizable gap on the next player on a team that struggled and barely made the playoffs one year then the next a player who lead the league and had a 12 point gap on the next player in the league but also had an allstar team who won trophies. The year before the league leader had 15 point gap over the hart trophy player.

Storylines. That's all PHWA cares about

Reactions: onetweasy

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
It’s one thing to be an ignorant shmuck from Toronto or LA, but how many guys from Edmonton are eligible to vote on this? Shame on them.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It’s one thing to be an ignorant shmuck from Toronto or LA, but how many guys from Edmonton are eligible to vote on this? Shame on them.

Chapter Chair
Mark Spector, Sportsnet.ca, 1990, @SportsnetSpec (PHWA President)
Members
Rob Tychkowski, Postmedia, 1996, @Sun_Tychkowski
Shane Jones, Canadian Press, 2012, @realshanejones
Jason Gregor, Oilers Nation, 2014, @JasonGregor
Marty Klinkenberg, Globe and Mail, 2015, @globemartyk
Daniel Nugent-Bowman, The Athletic, 2018, @DNBsports

Reactions: Summary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad