News Article: McDavid receives one first place vote for the Hart Trophy

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Maybe scouts should vote on the player awards. Give the vote to one scout from each team, a scout from each accredited scouting agency, like ISS, and maybe scouts from other reputable organizations. Or, why not let the players vote on all the awards?
Almost anything is better than giving the vote to the media.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Patty Kane 8th lol. Unreal.

Johnny Hobbit was crucial in the flames historic choke, doesn’t seem very worthy of the Hart Trophy in my opinion.

I doubt 97 cares, but it makes me excited for next season. It’s scary to believe that he’s only going to get better.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
D9eI1agXoAE98a_.png

I can live with it this year as Kucherov beat McDavid by quite a bit for scoring and TBay didn't just make playoffs but put up one of the great all time season record (granted a lot of Kucherov's stats were aided by more 2nd assists and an awesome team powerplay).

But the argument against it when McDavid was lapping the field last year was stupid.

Reactions: Summary

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The voting is done by the same bunch of hacks that we rip apart on a daily basis so is anyone really shocked how it turned out?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
It's an east biased with out a doubt. 90 percent of these voters are in bed before the puck drops in the west

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Drai could have finished top 3 in LW voting but some voters voted him as a C and RW. They were directed to vote him as LW.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Generally speaking sure. Last season no, and it wasn't really close.

I think if McDavid was half as good/important as some think he is he would be able to drag this team into the playoffs.

Heck, Hall managed to pull a much worse Devils team into the playoffs the previous year... Although there were other factors to that. And he certainly didn't do it with his two way game.
This post is embarrassing.

You mean secondary assist kucherov was vastly better than McDavid?

You know points don’t increase linearly with ice time.

McDavid had more primary points and 5on5 points and it wasn’t really that close.

That Mario Lemieux guy was a bum, couldn’t even make the playoffs the first 5 years.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

McDavid had more primary points and 5on5 points and it wasn’t really that close.

That Mario Lemieux guy was a bum, couldn’t even make the playoffs the first 5 years.

Kucherov's ppg with 22+ minutes: 1.00
Kucherov's ppg with under 22: 1.62

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

No point talking to him. Guy thinks McDavid is overpaid so that's all you need to know

Reactions: TB12

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I would consider having McDavid and Kane as 1 & 2 if I go by the actual definition of the Hart award...
the only problem I have with Kucherov is that he is on a very good team

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Generally speaking sure. Last season no, and it wasn't really close.

I think if McDavid was half as good/important as some think he is he would be able to drag this team into the playoffs.

Heck, Hall managed to pull a much worse Devils team into the playoffs the previous year... Although there were other factors to that. And he certainly didn't do it with his two way game.

When 2 players score 100+ Points each on a team and you don’t make the playoffs, it’s not their fault.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Thanks @frag2. Never even heard of Shane Jones. Does he watch hockey? How embarrassing for them all.

I know Shane very well. Terry Jones’ son, runs the sports division for the Sherwood Park News and works for Canadian Press doing Oilers and Eskimo games.

Trust me, he knows his stuff big time.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I am shocked that Eric Francis didn't put McDavid in the top 5. :help:

Elliote Friedman actually had him out of the top 5 as well.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
If you use the most valuable player argument, and not just the best player, then Jordon Binnington should win. He took a team from last place to the playoffs and the cup. Kucherov made no difference in that sense. They would have made the playoffs and lost with out him.

So they get it wrong it both ways, they don't get the best player, clearly McD, and they dont' get the actual MVP as they say they judge it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad