News Article: McDavid: Playing for Leafs would be a "dream come true"

BurnsBlue

Jun 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
What's funny is the Leafs somehow let Bobby Hull and Bobby Orr slip through the cracks even then. Oops.

we drafted Ken Spangler (who i dont think played an nhl game) with our 2nd round 31st overall. Joe Nieuwendyk went 4 or 5 apots later. Stuff happens.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Every year, some draft pick or big time UFA says this. The draft pick doesn't isn't there when it's our turn, the free agent doesn't even entertain our offers.

Wilbur*

Getting McDavid could speed this rebuild up by years. Actually it would be the greatest thing to happen to this franchise next to winning a cup. There would be a whole new generation of Leaf fans.

MLSE, if you want to be greedy do everything in your power to get McDavid.

They don't. If they did, they would have started in the offseason. Instead, we're 7th-worst (again). Purgatory. Leafs gonna Leaf.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
If they get mcdavid they will totally try and win now and never win anything.

He'll be enough to gget them marketing, merchandise and a playoff round or two...I'm being serious

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
If Bettman were to want to put a second team in Toronto despite the Leafs' disapproval and the lottery really is rigged, I could very well see the Leafs saying "hey, give us a little "help" in the lottery this year and we'll let you have your 2nd GTA team" :naughty:

Leafspoison*

And thats why, you get as many first rounders this year as possible from teams not making the playoffs to increase our chances.

Phaneuf=1st rounder.

Kessel=2 first rounders and a prospect.

JVR=first rounder and prospect

Lupul=late 1st rounder

Bozo=late 1st rounder

Franson=late 1st rounder

Thats 2 more in the top 14 potentially, which increase our odds and 3 late 1st rounders that you can bunch together to get another top 14.

Come on Nonis, don't wait til the draft, do it now. At the draft, teams are more inclined to keep their pick. Only after the top 20 or so have gone do we see pick movement, and usually only for a prospect or exchange of picks.

I know thats a tall order, but hey, what the hell. Imaging the leafs having a total of 6 picks in the 1st round?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
If Bettman were to want to put a second team in Toronto despite the Leafs' disapproval and the lottery really is rigged, I could very well see the Leafs saying "hey, give us a little "help" in the lottery this year and we'll let you have your 2nd GTA team" :naughty:
Bettman works for MLSE not the other way around though. It's MLSE that will ultimately decide if there is a 2nd GTA team allowed not Bettman.

Leafspoison*

If that was true, we'd have:

2008: Stamkos or Doughty
2009: Tavares
2010: Hall or Seguin
2011: Hamilton
2012: No one special
2013: Monahan
2014: Ekblad
2015: McDavid

I just poo'ed

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
(sigh) the idea of him being in Arizona seems like such a waste.

the revenue that the american networks can drum up simply by having McDavid/Eichel in the same division what with the Leafs/Sabres history would be awesome.

whatever Arizona would be able to drum up - Leafs Nation would shatter it.
(sigh)

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
This makes me sad because I know it'll never happen. And if it did, it would be when he's past his prime, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad