Injury Report: McDavid out 2-3 weeks

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
My guess is since it is the same knee they are going to be extra cautious with it. It could be a charlie horse or strained quad. With a quad being really important to the knee they will make sure it heals well. Hence why they are going back to the team that he recovered his knee with.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Just in case anyone wants to feel worse, if McDavid's injury is 3 weeks in length his return date would be March 3rd.

Between March 3rd we play CHI, TBL, FLA, CAR, BOS, MIN, LAK, ANA, VGK, WPG, NSH, DAL

The bold teams are non-playoff teams. If we manage to go .500 I'll be very, very, very impressed.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
giphy.gif

They should buy right now.
desperation move FTW

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Quad injury, unrelated to the knee. MRI revealed that the knee is good. Quad is swollen and sore. MRI was clear about the quad.

2-3 weeks.

I think that might do in our playoff hopes in.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well...this will test the team in a big way. The potential for 10 games without Connor.
This will make it necessary for Holland to add a top 6 winger sooner rather than later.

Reactions: McTedi

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
There is no "good" in this scenario but if the rest of the team can keep this ship afloat, this time off will also help him rest up a bit for the stretch drive.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
What a horrible time for this injury. Ughhhhhh.. guess it's not going to be easy now to get in playoffs

Hart trophy for Drai if he drags this team in

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It sucks obviously but I'm going to try to put a positive spin on this. It could galvanize the group forcing other guys to step up and they don't play any teams they're battling for position with until the Knights on the 26th which is at the tail end of that 2-3 week window, I don't think the Hawks are a true contender.

Unfortunately, I think they have to split up RNH and Draisaitl so they're going to have to drive on their own.
We'll see if Drai can truly be our Malkin now.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
On the bright side, Drai now gets an opportunity to solidify his bid for the Hart this year.

If he goes Neon and drags this team to a positive record through these next 10 games and we make the playoffs it's going to be very difficult to deny him.

Reactions: McLarsonator

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Oilers have an 85% chance to make the playoffs, Ken Holland stating that the amount they win/lose this next stretch or two of games will decide if they are buyers, ugh... I hope that's lip service. The team needs help NOW.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It sucks obviously but I'm going to try to put a positive spin on this. It could galvanize the group forcing other guys to step up and they don't play any teams they're battling for position with until the Knights on the 26th which is at the tail end of that 2-3 week window, I don't think the Hawks are a true contender.

Unfortunately, I think they have to split up RNH and Draisaitl so they're going to have to drive on their own.

I agree.
The value of having a centre on the wing.
I am interested to see how the team responds. They have to tighten the defence and play .500 hockey.
Totally doable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad