McDavid or Babcock

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Coaching change wont fix this ****** team. Connor McDavid, if he becomes what he is projected to be, can.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I voted Babcock. The only way he would come here is if he got full control and didn't have to answer to an idiot.

McDavid is a generational talent but this management group would find a way to **** him up. Eakins alone would probably suck all of his offensive talent out of him by his 40th game.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I voted Babcock. The only way he would come here is if he got full control and didn't have to answer to an idiot.

McDavid is a generational talent but this management group would find a way to **** him up. Eakins alone would probably suck all of his offensive talent out of him by his 40th game.

Exactly. Oh, what a fantastic idea...Lets ruin McDavids development . Just like we did most of our young players.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McDavid.

Tavares is making Garth Snow look smart in New York.

Our three 1sts are not of the same caliber as Tavares, and McDavid may be even better than Tavares.

RNH and Yakupov wouldn't go no.1 in any of the other draft classes, they're more like no.2-4 picks.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
McDavid.

Tavares is making Garth Snow look smart in New York.

Our three 1sts are not of the same caliber as Tavares, and McDavid may be even better than Tavares.

RNH and Yakupov wouldn't go no.1 in any of the other draft classes, they're more like no.2-4 picks.

Hall is very close to Tavares just not a center. And actually with the way they performed in their final junior years, they would be guaranteed top 2 picks.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Should add Burke as a replacement for Lowe in there, i would take Burke over McDavid. Otherwise McDavid.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
McDavid.. The way I see it, a player with potential to be the best in the league one day (or one of the best) will make a lot of coaches look good.

Easy choice..

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Babcock looks like a scary dude on the bench. I think he'd have the kids playing better hockey via benching their *****.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Mcdavid. At some point (say 3 or 4 coaches ago) it has to become obvious that coaching isn't the issue. No one could get this group winning games, it's the roster that needs to improve.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Mcdavid. At some point (say 3 or 4 coaches ago) it has to become obvious that coaching isn't the issue. No one could get this group winning games, it's the roster that needs to improve.
Unfortunately we don't know that because our management decided to hire back-to-back unknowns to coach our team. I'd like to see what a proven NHL coach could do with this roster before judging the players. There has been far too many questionable decisions I've seen with Krueger and Eakins.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is this a joke? Nuge has been great this year. Thornton and Lecavalier took time so lets give our players time.

"Great"? Maybe for half the games.

Seguin is what a 1st overall should look like. Stamkos, Tavares, etc.

Hall should be the lowest end type of player you get with a 1st overall if you're taking a forward.

RNH is several notches below right now.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
"Great"? Maybe for half the games.

Seguin is what a 1st overall should look like. Stamkos, Tavares, etc.

Hall should be the lowest end type of player you get with a 1st overall if you're taking a forward.

RNH is several notches below right now.

Seguin is having a great year but besides this year he isn't on a different level than Hall. Plus he plays with better players.

Yes Nuge is below players like them but he's a head of other first overall picks from the past.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
McDavid each and every day. our coaching isn't even that bad and a good coach can at best win 5 more games. McDavid would do a lot more for a lot longer time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad