McDavid Mikheyev race...who won?

Who won this race

• Total voters

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I think Ilya is pretty much as fast as McDavid.

Makes me also appreciate that McDavid does everything at that same speed lol just a sublime player.

Reactions: Petrus

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
In this, tie. In the Art Ross, I think McDavid might have a step on him.

Although I have no idea how long either player had been out there so 'Soupy' might have been at the end of his shift.

To the bolded - still too close to call. Mikheyev is closing the gap quickly, outscoring McDavid by 1 point per game this month.

With ~31 games to go and being ~33 points behind McDavid - this will come down to the wire if he maintains his rhythm.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
This is why it is funny when people say McDavid only has speed. The difference between McDavid and other fast players is these guys can only skate this fast in a straight line without the puck. McDavid can carry the puck, change directions on a dime, stickhandle, make great passes ,and have amazing on ice vision at speeds none of these guys could ever do.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
good on Soupy, there are only a handful of players that could have hung with Connor. Normally it would have been a break away for Connor.

Reactions: banks

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This is why it is funny when people say McDavid only has speed. The difference between McDavid and other fast players is these guys can only skate this fast in a straight line without the puck. McDavid can carry the puck, change directions on a dime, stickhandle, make great passes ,and have amazing on ice vision at speeds none of these guys could ever do.
We are well aware, its just that McDavid is so fast that when we see a player not get blown away its thread worthy

Reactions: banks and DowJones

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019

Although I have no idea how long either player had been out there so 'Soupy' might have been at the end of his shift.
They were both 20 seconds into shift

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Straightline speed isn't really McDavid's strength so this is sorta whatever.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

If I remember correctly, it was the other way around. I think Mik was fresh and McDavid had been on for a bit.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This is being hyped up way more than it should be. Official NHL twitter even posted this lol. We all know why tho :sarcasm:

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone say McDavid only has speed. Anyone with a clue knows McDavid speed is elite, but what he can do at that speed with the puck is what makes him generational.

Mar 26, 2010
Mikheyev very clearly. You can watch the video 100 times and hate the Leafs and it does not change the result. Anyone who votes McDavid here is just hating.

Last edited:

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I think Ilya is pretty much as fast as McDavid.

Makes me also appreciate that McDavid does everything at that same speed lol just a sublime player.
What separates McDavid from any other player in the league - except maybe Mack - is that he does all of his little dangles, dekes, handles, and plays at full speed.

It's why he is still, despite these last 3 games, head and shoulders above anyone else.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone say McDavid only has speed. Anyone with a clue knows McDavid speed is elite, but what he can do at that speed with the puck is what makes him generational.
I have seen it a number of times on this board, although there can be a lot of ridiculous reading on this board at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad