McDavid Injury Thread

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I have no clue what the injury is but what are the chances he's walking around a busy mall three days after major knee surgery?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
pretty sure if it was just a minor sprain he wouldn't have such a huge hinged brace that looks mental since i have sprained my knee before and only had to buy a small hinged brace . usually big braces like mcdavids is only given if its acl or if some type of surgery was done . the sleeve / fabric under the brace is usally used for compression to help prevent blood clots when surgeries are done .
They wouldn't be able to hide ACL/PCL surgery. He'd be out until Christmas at least.

Compression and immobilization are used for numerous different types of knee/leg injuries. Moreover, as other people have said, professional athletes receive different treatment than regular individuals.

Reactions: Consultant

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It’s wrapping and a brace to stabilize the leg. Pretty standard stuff for any leg injury above a minor cut.

Reactions: North

North

Jun 25, 2009
Just saw that is getting 2nd and 3rd opinions on his Injury. I don't like the sounds of that

Kypreos said he didn’t blame them for getting more opinions. He called McDavid a Ferrari.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
You're not going to get any update any time soon. The season is over, the players already had their garbage bag day, they're all back home getting ready to go on holiday. Since when do teams update you on players in the summer? His X-Ray came back negative, the MRI seemed to go good. That's all you're going to get. Like what do you expect now, for them to tell you what he had for breakfast this morning?

Huh?

Literally just gave an update on CBC, and I'd expect one pretty often even if there is no news. They're getting second and third opinions.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
if it was a ligament, he wouldn't have the repair surgery so quickly after it happening because it would still be hugely swollen. They might to an arthroscopic (scope) to have a look at it, and if that were the case he could be walking around a mall the same day. I had the same set of surgeries for a full tear ACL about 15 years ago, I played about a month of senior year football in highschool on the knee with the torn ACL before knowing it was gone (couldn't corner well, but in a straight line worked). I had a scope before the repair surgery (rather than MRI's because they take forever to get here), which was a general anesthetic that puts you under for about 30 mins, the surgery is done in 10-15, and you're good to walk on it again immediately.

hope it isn't that, but ligamental stuff is less of a hindrance to walking around than you would think, it's the turning while putting weight on the knee where the problems really happen (in my experience, not a doctor, just lived it)

watching the impact, it didn't look like it was in a place that would likely cause ligament damage though

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just saw that is getting 2nd and 3rd opinions on his Injury. I don't like the sounds of that

Getting 2nd and 3rd opinions is not exactly fantastic news. It sounds like the kind of injury where he "might" need surgery, or that it "might" heal on its own without surgery. Pretty bad news.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Getting 2nd and 3rd opinions is not exactly fantastic news. It sounds like the kind of injury where he "might" need surgery, or that it "might" heal on its own without surgery. Pretty bad news.

Stop it. Until we know for sure we can't really say for sure it's bad news.

Maybe they are making sure their $100 million dollar investment is definitely going to be okay.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Stop it. Until we know for sure we can't really say for sure it's bad news.

Maybe they are making sure their $100 million dollar investment is definitely going to be okay.

Of course that is what they are doing. We have no idea if the news will be good or bad. All I'm saying is that if they DIDN'T NEED to get a 2nd opinion, that would (obviously) be a better scenario, than one where they need to because they aren't 110% sure that everything will be fine in a few weeks.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Of course that is what they are doing. We have no idea if the news will be good or bad. All I'm saying is that if they DIDN'T NEED to get a 2nd opinion, that would (obviously) be a better scenario, than one where they need to because they aren't 110% sure that everything will be fine in a few weeks.

Or maybe they are just getting other opinions to be on the safe side when it comes to their franchise player.

Until someone says something, it could just be second and third opinions to confirm what they already know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad