McDavid hate rewarded by giraffes. lEafs beat Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Montreal, Dallas and San Jose have more road wins than the Oilers have wins. Boston has the same amount (8) road wins as the Oilers have total wins. Cool beans.

Stainsy

Time to improve
Jun 21, 2005
Ont.
www.parkerhousemotel.com
Stopped posting last night because I got called nuts, for saying the Oilers made the Leafs look like Cup contenders. They did. That was such a disgusting game played by the Oilers last night. They only contested for pucks for about three five minute sessions in that whole game. The rest of the time, they were happy to let the Leafs carry the play, win all the puck battles, and keep the Oilers hemmed in their end. Even when it came time to try to break the shutout, nothing. That was disgusting. Anytime you only give fifteen minutes effort in a game, you deserve to be shut out by an AHL goalie.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Hall, imo, is the best first overall pick between Crosby and McDavid - because any of the others would have packed it in on this dynasty of suckage, guaranteed. Patrick Kane? Steven Stamkos? Please. They haven't waded through **** half as deep as what Hall has, and somehow, he's still ticking. Every season, he ticks.

I've seen Gagner, Cogliano, Nilsson, Horcoff, Visnovsky, Whitney, Dubnyk, Scrivens, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, Schultz, Schultz again and Lander just mail in performance after performance on this squad.

Every night, Hall looks like he gives a ****. That's borderline impossible. What a player we are blessed to see.
l.

Yep. This has almost always been the deal here. Hall is by far the most consistent player we've seen on this club. Not just in production but in effort and even when he's not getting the results you very rarely see Hall lay down in a game. This is the one player you could say always shows up. If you brought a person that had never been to an Oiler game or hockey game ever they would notice Taylor Hall. He's that kind of player.

Wayne Gretzky always said you should play every game as if theres fans in the crowd that will only ever have this chance to see you play. He said Gordie Howe told him the same thing.

Consummate pros. The definition of professional.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Yep. This has almost always been the deal here. Hall is by far the most consistent player we've seen on this club. Not just in production but in effort and even when he's not getting the results you very rarely see Hall lay down in a game. This is the one player you could say always shows up. If you brought a person that had never been to an Oiler game or hockey game ever they would notice Taylor Hall. He's that kind of player.

Wayne Gretzky always said you should play every game as if theres fans in the crowd that will only ever have this chance to see you play. He said Gordie Howe told him the same thing.

Consummate pros. The definition of professional.
Literally the only knock on Hall is when the team isn't playing well he makes mistakes because be is literally trying to win the game himself.

That's his flaw, he tries to hard at times to win the game.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Literally the only knock on Hall is when the team isn't playing well he makes mistakes because be is literally trying to win the game himself.

Yep. Good flaw to have though and I'll take it everytime. Those guys are the competitors. If they are trying too hard, and things are not going well its because of shortcomings on the part of others.

In anycase at this time perhaps fitting to say that Mike Reilly=Taylor Hall. Or vice versa.

Cut from the same cloth and guys that will never "slide" to avoid physical pan and sell short a potential play. Champs put their bodies on the line getting the extra inch.

I feel like Al Pacino here..:D

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

And he's prone to injuries as a result of this fact.

Same with McDavid, trying to do end to end rushes alone to save the ***** of the millionaires he plays with.

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
Something is very wrong with the Pouliot-RNH-Ebs line... then again about 2 years I stopped complaining about our D as much as our weak-ass forwards (at least Nuge vastly improved).

How did Nuge "vastly improve"? He has regressed since his rookie season. The Nuge is easily pushed off the puck, and can't win faceoffs. You would think he could improve his faceoffs at least.

For a first overall pick, Nuge is a bust. Should have traded Yakupov and a Nuge years ago before the league figured out they suck.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
How did Nuge "vastly improve"? He has regressed since his rookie season. The Nuge is easily pushed off the puck, and can't win faceoffs. You would think he could improve his faceoffs at least.

For a first overall pick, Nuge is a bust. Should have traded Yakupov and a Nuge years ago before the league figured out they suck.

Nuge barely won puck battles in his first year or so and would giveaway the puck like candy machine. You forget how HORRIBLE 18 year olds are defensively. He's top-20 in takeways this season (maybe higher - haven't checked)

He's gone from 37% to 43% so there's improvement but nothing that screams he should be taking important draws any time soon.

http://faceoffs.net/player/ryan-nugent--hopkins

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Quite a few people called this in the GDT..Rookie goalie getting a shutout..

Look on the bright side..We can't get lower than 30th..

Not lower than 30th, but this team is one Hall injury away from being a complete laughing stock.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Other than Fayne and Ference I'm happy with how our d has played

I have no idea how Gryba gets a pass from fans. There's some bright spots but he is worse than Fayne when attempting a breakout pass. Why even bother defending when you just give the puck away right after?

Tammy Gilbert and Jeff Petry are better than most of our D. That's just sad.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Try being an oiler fan in Saskatchewan.. :cry:

yep, it's been a painful year for us saskatchewan fans...at least the blue jays gave me something to cheer about.

to comment on the other posters discussing hall, him and draisaitl are literally the only reason i'm currently watching oilers games. it's so frustrating to watch hall and LD giving their all every game, only to be let down by the rest of their teams mates. it's gotta be so dishearting for them.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Chiarelli is not going to go down in history as the guy who trade both Seguin and Hall. You can tell the Seguin trade still haunts him.

RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz though .... I wouldn't be stunned if none of them are here 1-2 years from now.

I don't think it haunts him as much as you think it does.

Seguin is No-Show-Joe Thornton v2.0

Regular season wizard, invisible man in the playoffs.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think it haunts him as much as you think it does.

Seguin is No-Show-Joe Thornton v2.0

Regular season wizard, invisible man in the playoffs.

What a ridiculous comment.

Seguin had limited ice time in his rookie season and had 3 points in 6 games in the playoffs in his sophomore season.

So basically there is an extremely limited sample size based on his first 2 years in the League but yet you see fit to suggest he disappears in the playoffs. :help:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What a ridiculous comment.

Seguin had limited ice time in his rookie season and had 3 points in 6 games in the playoffs in his sophomore season.

So basically there is an extremely limited sample size based on his first 2 years in the League but yet you see fit to suggest he disappears in the playoffs. :help:

You conveniently forgot to mention his disappearing act when Boston went to the finals. Also his no-show effort in Dallas.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You conveniently forgot to mention his disappearing act when Boston went to the finals. Also his no-show effort in Dallas.

Actually I didnt conveniently miss anything...I checked again and I just plain missed a couple of playoff years.
My apologies.

I would suggest to you that 'disappearing' is a bit much. He has been just under .5 ppg for his young career (including his troubled years in Boston) so far during a part of the season when points are much harder to come by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad