Post-Game Talk: McDavid Giveth and Taketh

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
They did not play well in the third period; however, we did get a point. Tippet can use this game as a teaching lesson

Reactions: nally

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
time to get Benning out he is a f***ing liability everytime he plays

get him out Tipp what do you see in this loser???

mot liking Jones either needs more time Persson is better then both

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
A lot of people are going to have trouble dealing with this truth, but McDavid and Draisaitl actually cost the Oilers a game that the bottom 6 won.
You know what, if the bottom six looked good then I can live with a single point. Everyone has bad games, even the best. Just means we can expect another strong bounce back game next time out from them

Reactions: RegDunlop

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
This game ended like an EA game. You play great and chase the opposing goalie early, from then on everything goes down and you lose.
Got lucky to snatch a point after this 3rd period..

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Dallas has owned our ass since the 90s so I’m not surprised at all. Take the point and move on. Also you can chalk up losses for the rest of our games against Dallas this season

Actually i think i saw a stat during the game that the Oilers were 5-1-1 in the last 7 at home before today's game.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
connor putrid hall-like defence today. Tips better let it be known, star player or not. it's clear scoring points was more important to connor and drai today than any semblance of defence. Enough with the f***ing super long shifts both in regulation AND OT. pick and choose your spots to have a longer shift. ****!

Reactions: Aerchon

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I don’t understand how you can just completely let the foot off the gas like they did in the third and OT. Do they think that’s how you defend a lead, just stop moving your feet and try to block shots? Do they just fall asleep thinking they have it in the bag and have trouble getting started again?

Games like this are so frustrating because we 100% know that they can be better, because they were for 2 periods.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
A lot of people are going to have trouble dealing with this truth, but McDavid and Draisaitl actually cost the Oilers a game that the bottom 6 won.

More pissed off about the lack of winning attitude than the point lost.

McDavid and Draisaitl.

I know they are awesome. I know thy are carrying the team. I "should" be far more understanding. They deserve some slack...

But they were both terrible and directly responsible for a lot/most of the loss.

If lesser players had a game like that I would be calling for their heads.

McDraissian made the Kharia line look like all stars.

Reactions: HK97

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

yes. definitely some of the bottom 9 players played hard and well today. connor and drai looked completely lax on d. CANNOT do that as the capt and leaders of the team. VERY upsetting.

Reactions: stratedge

oilers68

Oct 9, 2019
we were up 2 goals going into the 3rd period GARAUNTEED tippet told them to sit back and try the trap game, f***

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Nurse and McDavid getting dunce cap instead of bike helmet after that ot effort!

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Actually i think i saw a stat during the game that the Oilers were 5-1-1 in the last 7 at home before today's game.

Those home games must have been a while back as Dallas has beaten us 5 out of the last 6 times

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Drai and McDavid aren't good at playing defensive hockey... that line struggled in the third... McDavid played the tying goal horribly.

Needed to bear down and get the extra point there.. that game was ours to lose and you could see it coming the whole third period... very disappointed in that effort.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Call it a learning lesson game. Watch some game tape and throw it out.

Jujhar was a positive. Actually got some secondary scoring today. Gained 1 point.

Calgary lost. Vegas Lost :)

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad