Post-Game Talk: McDavid eats hot dogs, Drai and ........? get a point.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I moved to Vancouver in 91 and stayed till late 97. I was in my early 20's so I was broke and life was fun. It's funny, I'm still broke 30 years later

We are approx the same vintage.
I have spent quite a bit of time in Van....nice in the summer. Winter not so much.
Worked there from early March to late April installing a software suite for a business in the mid 90's.
Rained hard (I mean poured) every day but one...didnt appeal to me at all.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I tell everyone that is planning Atlantic Canada, July and August is your time. The fall is beautiful because of the color change. I flew outta Halifax in the Fall before when the leafs were still on trees. it was just like a rainbow

I have heard about that.
I was out East in Ontario in Oct years ago...amazing foliage. We dont have that out west.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Looks like what would happen if an earthquake occurred in an igloo village. Seriously though, those are amazing pics!

Shifting off ice. When you live in NS, you are surrounded by water. Ice fishing is actually fun. Tent and heater. booze and smoke, yahooooo

Reactions: McFuhryous

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Looks like what would happen if an earthquake occurred in an igloo village. Seriously though, those are amazing pics!

Not nearly to the same extent but there was some significant damage to the beach at our lake property west of edmonton last year due to this ice moving issue. Not looking forward to seeing the damage again this year. Some of the places on the beach had ice up to the roofs it seemed.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not nearly to the same extent but there was some significant damage to the beach at our lake property west of edmonton last year due to this ice moving issue. Not looking forward to seeing the damage again this year. Some of the places on the beach had ice up to the roofs it seemed.

Oh wow, that is crazy!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

You should see the Saint John river in NB when it decides to break up. Houses go missing

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If you like fish, Atlantic fish rules. No taste to Pacific

I do...and I especially like catching them. Never fished in an ocean though.

One summer in Edmonton (way back in the early 90's) a coworker of mine had his father in law drive from Newfoundland to Edmonton with the back of his pickup truck filled with lobster on ice. I bought 30 of them and stuffed them into the freezer. My room mate and I ate lobster dinners for a week straight.
It was incredible!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

One summer in Edmonton (way back in the early 90's) a coworker of mine had his father in law drive from Newfoundland to Edmonton with the back of his pickup truck filled with lobster on ice. I bought 30 of them and stuffed them into the freezer. My room mate and I ate lobster dinners for a week straight.
It was incredible!

I fished lobster for @10 years on and off. I fished on the Northumberland Strait so you were never more then 10 miles offshore. Very demanding work but I liked it. Down Yarmouth Way, they sometimes catch a couple thousand pounds per day but they are out further and they fish from November till May so you are out in the Atlantic in the winter.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

It was incredible!

If you ever get a chance to fish in the Atlantic, they fish shark and have tours. Some of the biggest sharks have been caught of NS. I have seen schools of tuna as well. Mackeral are really fun and easy to catch. Very tasty fish and no skill involved in fishing them. I prefer trout fishing on the lakes myself. I go out with my buddies, play some tunes on my UE Boom speaker, roll a couple of fatty's and enjoy the day. I find if you put the right music on, you will slay the fish. We get the big bass as well. Now these are big. I have seen them @50 pds. What a fight and tasty
nsbass.jpg

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

It was incredible!

And the trout caught in the river are big. I know this fella here and he is a catch and release fella. I'm a catch and eat
nstrout.png

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
And the trout caught in the river are big. I know this fella here and he is a catch and release fella. I'm a catch and eatView attachment 192969

That trout is an amazing specimen. :nod:

I have never caught anything that big much less the other monster you posted. That blows me away top be honest!

My favorite so far has been catching rainbow trout in the backwoods of BC. On lakes so clear you can see the fish swimming 15 feet under the boat. A good friend and a 6 pack of beer dragging in the water behind the boat...25 degree sunny weather and no concerns at all....used to be my idea of a great summer afternoon. :nod:

Reactions: Oilers in NS

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I fished lobster for @10 years on and off. I fished on the Northumberland Strait so you were never more then 10 miles offshore. Very demanding work but I liked it. Down Yarmouth Way, they sometimes catch a couple thousand pounds per day but they are out further and they fish from November till May so you are out in the Atlantic in the winter.

Fishing the Atlantic in Winter cant be easy. Has to be a dangerous way to make a living.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Not really...I am using 292 games to evaluate the player. You and others are using 68 games.
And 48 of those games were with this team....a team that has multiple players struggling and a team that has been in disarray for much of the season.

Its fine that you dont like the player...nothing personal, I just think your reasoning is lacking.

I don't hate the player at all. Just the one thats here now. As I said to start - where is the real TR?

As for tonights game - while the whole team fell off a cliff in the second half of game - I thought Reider and Drai were the best 2 Oilers.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't hate the player at all. Just the one thats here now. As I said to start - where is the real TR?

As for tonights game - while the whole team fell off a cliff in the second half of game - I thought Reider and Drai were the best 2 Oilers.

I will have to take your word for that. I dont often do this but I stopped watching after the 2nd period.

I was just looking at the possibility of signing Rieder for cheap and betting that he bounces back.
I think its a good bet and it would turn out to be a value contract.
This team needs a lot of value contracts moving forward.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I will have to take your word for that. I dont often do this but I stopped watching after the 2nd period.

I was just looking at the possibility of signing Rieder for cheap and betting that he bounces back.
I think its a good bet and it would turn out to be a value contract.
This team needs a lot of value contracts moving forward.

Well perhaps I am a bit harsh. But it seems that we have so many 4th liners and I didn't expect Toby to be one. Frustrating. It has made me gun shy.
I so want him to rebound and contribute. But...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad