McDavid disappointing so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Last year he had 1.22PPG. He is only 21. You would expect an upward PPG....his year 2 is 0.15+ more than his year 1....so maybe we could expect around 1.35 this season. But he is only at 1.13. Disappointing?​

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
One tiny stretch and he’s in the art Ross discussion if he isn’t already

Better then his rookie year. Over ppg.

What is this

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Not at all. Considering what he has to work with, it's impressive he is still doing as well as he is..

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Ovechkin went from 106 pts at 20 to 92 at 21 I guess he regressed too and never improved after that right?

Ovie went from 92 to 112 the following. But 92 was a softmore slump and is Kuzy's number, not 3rd year.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
1. As has been said, the team as a whole isn't doing that great. 2. He went on a streak last year as well. It doesn't take much for him to get to the top of league-wide scoring. 3. Even if this season were "bad", he is still above PPG and development isn't linear. Look at what MacKinnon is doing this year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No, his team is very disappointing though. He's the only thing they have going right this year, and he can't carry his team all by himself so because he is on a bad team it comes off as disappointing but if he had better players to play with it'd be a different story. Everything is horrible for them this year though

illpucks

May 26, 2011
1. As has been said, the team as a whole isn't doing that great. 2. He went on a streak last year as well. It doesn't take much for him to get to the top of league-wide scoring. 3. Even if this season were "bad", he is still above PPG and development isn't linear. Look at what MacKinnon is doing this year.

MacKinnon and Avs started doing well when they offloaded Duchene. Sens tanked when they picked up Duchene.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Ovie went from 92 to 112 the following. But 92 was a softmore slump and is Kuzy's number, not 3rd year.

Oh ok it doesn’t fit your narrative then.

Can you at least wait at the end of the season?

Anyone knows how many points McD had last year after the same #.of games?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Anyone knows how many points McD had last year after the same #.of games?

He close to last years numbers. I saw the chart... like 54 pts last season and was leading the league a year ago exactly but scoring is WAY up this season and Kucherov is over 60 and he would easily be leading last season at this point.

Reactions: Future GOAT

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Yep, he's regressing hard. I would look to move him ASAP while he still has any semblance of value. Avs offer Blake Comeau and Carl Soderberg. Take it or leave it.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
you mean either 4th overall Poolparty or 3rd overall Draisaitl on his wing, and 7th overall Nurse, 19th overall Klefbom or 4th overall Larsson feeding him the puck?

Poor guy!
I mean the whole team. I thought it was pretty obvious... but I guess you don't know what's going on with the Oilers this year. Not slamming you for being a casual so don't take that personally.

Last edited:

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
For me, disappointed because:

-not go great on defence
-less than avg shot
-horrible in the faceoff circle
-doesn't score enough goals
-team with McDavid is already going backwards...in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad