Speculation: McDavid Contract Discussion, Not Signed Yet: $14 million? $13.25 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Chiarelli: "I'd like to thank you for coming out today. After listening to the many expert opinions of HFOil posters, we have decided not to renew the contracts of Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. We thank them for their contributions but they will soon be put on waivers.

I would now introduce the new future of the team. After coming to terms with each of these players of 8 years/$10 million per year, I'm proud to introduce Jaromir Jagr, Jarome Iginla and Shane Doan." (sound of a bone cracking as the players approach the podium) Doan: "ow, my hip".

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The chat on the YT is insane. Never seen something scroll so fast outside of twitch streaming.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

ospace_bobs.jpg

Connor...we're so glad you could make it here today. We're prepared to go league max and max term with your extension contract.

1297869293020_ORIGINAL.jpg

I was thinking more like 10-ish, if that's okay with you.

hqdefault.jpg

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If McDavid actually "talked down" Chiarelli then that is a giant Chuck Norris chop to the face of those who think he is selfish, but leads me to really wonder about Chiarelli's abilities to negotiate contracts as well!

I more likely would have been Connor's agent who Connor talked down.

"I got you the 8 years kid, I tried for 14 million, but they'll only go to 13.25."

"Uh...that's going to make it hard for the team to win. It's too much"

"But kid..."

"It's too much. Tell them its too much. I want to win the cup."

agent hangs up the phone sobbing

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
In this case what happen was probably that the agent gave McD a final deal to sign and McD said cut off $1M... He is not deaf to what word is going around but I doubt he was involved until the very end.

Could just be a PR stunt though, not from McD, but from agent/GM.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
If McDavid does take less, and I am SURE it will be spun that way to the right sources if it is the case, then 100% props to him... ALSO Sets the bar for Drai to not be as ******* with his numbers... OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP.

12.125 X 8 = $97 Mil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad