McDavid becomes the 4th player in NHL history to record 100 assists in a season (mod warning post #50)

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
What are you talking about? How can you "pad" goal totals early in the season?
Score like 50 in 50 and then see your gpg drop significantly as teams play better late in the season, and then have an even bigger drop when playoffs start. Didn't think I'd need to explain this?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Fourth player ever to get 100 assists in a season.

Only player since the 1990-91 season to score 100 assists in a season.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Orr
McDavid

That’s it. That’s the list of guys that have done it.

f***ing epic.

Last edited:

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Best player since Lemieux and an all time great already.

Got it on the 9-1 goal to Hyman. Game is still in the 2nd period, pretty wild.
No PP goals either. I wonder how often a team scores 9 goals in 2 periods without even getting a pp.

Congrats to Mcdavid, amazing achievement!

Reactions: snipes

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
100 assists doesnt seem all that difficult. Joe Thornton just about did it too.

Joe Thornton was one of the best passers/playmakers in the history of the NHL.

Joe played all 82 games that year and got 92 assists. He also did a lot of damage on the power play in the year with the most PPs/game ever. Which is why his 2nd highest season assist total was 72.

Joe Thornton is no slouch. He’s 14th all time in scoring and 7th all time in assists.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Score like 50 in 50 and then see your gpg drop significantly as teams play better late in the season, and then have an even bigger drop when playoffs start. Didn't think I'd need to explain this?
And who did this when? Matthews had 50 in 50? Honestly, I don’t follow it that closely

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
Uh. They likely will have him glued to the bench. Up by 3 isn’t the same as up by 7. Especially when he’s just coming off an injury.
The Leafs aren't good enough to pump Florida but if by some miracle that happens I will bet you anything he will be out there. His teammates will also be throwing him the puck any chance they get.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
100 assists doesnt seem all that difficult. Joe Thornton just about did it too.
Probably sarcasm but hey, Thornton is considered one of the best playmakers of all time.
7th all time in assissts.

He just didnt have the skating, the speed, the goalscoring, the hands, the technique and the skill McDavid have.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
And who did this when? Matthews had 50 in 50? Honestly, I don’t follow it that closely
Pretty close to it iirc. Looked like he would easily get 70 but he slowed down and we know how does in the playoffs...

I actually hope he does well, awesome guy, but his goalscoring borderline disappears when he needs it most. McDavid is pretty much the opposite. He's a monster in the playoffs.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006

He scored 50 in 54 for a .92 GPG. He currently has 69 goals in 79 games for .87 GPG, you think him ending up 0.06 lower equates to some major statistical difference? Really?

Also, my point was you pad ON TOP of something. I didn't think I had to explain how that metaphor works, given that you were the one that used it, but I guess here we are.

Padding = additional, meaning there has to be a base to start. Padding is the 8th goal in a 8-1 game, not the second.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Quite possible Matthews is going for 70 goals and Kucherov 100 assists in the same game on Wednesday as both teams are facing off in their last regular season game. :o :D

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
He scored 50 in 54 for a .92 GPG. He currently has 69 goals in 79 games for .87 GPG, you think him ending up 0.06 lower equates to some major statistical difference? Really?

Also, my point was you pad ON TOP of something. I didn't think I had to explain how that metaphor works, given that you were the one that used it, but I guess here we are.

Padding = additional, meaning there has to be a base to start. Padding is the 8th goal in a 8-1 game, not the second.
50 in 54 is 0.92
19 in 25 is 0.76

That's not 0.06, but 0.16.

And, playoffs GPG: 0.44

Ok maybe padding is the wrong word but the idea is exactly the same.

Reactions: Calderon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad