McDavid becomes the 4th player in NHL history to record 100 assists in a season (mod warning post #50)

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Stat-padding in a 8-1 game in game 80. Love it, greatest of all-time.

Eh, have to have that ruthless killer instinct....

Gretzky had it.

Great playmaking season from him. I really like how good he's become at controlling the play and dictating things. He's much more than just a fast player at this point. He's pretty much the complete package offensively if he can get his goal scoring back to a higher level.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Right?

Oh no, the team got a misconduct penalty, or delay of game, or whatever.

The game has been finished for 35 minutes already, and there's still 20 left to play.

Who the hell cares if the team got penalized?

Get on the ice and celebrate a very special moment.
Maybe Tampa will do it if kucherov gets it in his final game. Lol

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
100 assists is an amazing accomplishment. 3rd all time points per game, 3rd all time assists per game, averaging over an assist per game in his career, 64 goals and 153 points last season, will be the 3rd fastest player in NHL history to score 1,000 points. Best player on the planet having one of the greatest careers in NHL history.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
McDavid keeps on racking up points and doing almost superhero things each season. Just needs to add a cup and he has to be considered Top 5 all time

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I’d love a stats padding game from Matthews vs Florida. If it’s 8-1 I hope he’s closer to 76 than 70…
He's essentially never done it before.

Almost every single goal scored this year was when the team was between -2 and +1 goal differential in the game.

Still, I don't think a player should be shamed for getting points/goals against whoever is up against them.

The teams play against whoever is on the ice and if that means they score a lot, then so be it.

The NHL doesn't like it? Then they should do something to prevent this kind of pathetic showing by so many teams this year.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
You mean like Matthews padding his goals total early in the season and then slowly but surely disappear as the playoffs approach?

What are you talking about? How can you "pad" goal totals early in the season?

rogking65

May 13, 2016
That was great to see.

I can honestly say I'm very disappointed in the organization for not making a big deal out of it.

f*** it, take a delay of game penalty, the team is up 9-1, if you have to.

He's truly this generation's best offensive player by a comfortable margin.
how do you define comfortable margin ? I would say more like a small margin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad