Confirmed with Link: McCabe/Lafferty and 2024/25 5ths to TOR for protected 2025 1st, 2026 2nd, Anderson, & Gogolev

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No, it's like I bought a bag of candy but nearly half of it is worthless candy corn which wasn't on the picture

So while I am happy to have candy I am annoyed and feel ripped off that someone put candy corn in the bag
You think it's candy corn, but in reality it's actually the candy you wanted to buy, you just though it tasted better than it actually does.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You think it's candy corn, but in reality it's actually the candy you wanted to buy, you just though it tasted better than it actually does.

No its candy corn

The bag should have been full of twix, snickers, milky way and nerds. No one should ever find candy corn anywhere.

Its god awful and the Leafs dictating terms to Davidson to degree they did is nonsense as was walking away with better 2nd round pick last year for Hawks bailing them out of Mrazek mistake and cap issues

This is a good trade. Stop crying BWC

It should have been a good trade

Now it's merely acceptable at best

Reactions: WindsorHawk

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No its candy corn

The bag should have been full of twix, snickers, milky way and nerds. No one should ever find candy corn anywhere.

Its god awful and the Leafs dictating terms to Davidson to degree they did is nonsense as was walking away with better 2nd round pick last year for Hawks bailing them out of Mrazek mistake and cap issues

It should have been a good trade

Now it's merely acceptable at best
Stop whining.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
At the beginning of last year, everyone would have laughed hysterically. if you told them we would trade McCabe and Lafferty for a 1st and 2nd.
Exactly. But because the hawks didn’t absolutely fleece another team, NHL 23 style like all of BWC’s main board proposals, now it’s “god awful.”

What ridiculous hyperbole.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
If the Leafs beat Tampa in the first round this year, in what range would the Hawks pick?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Dude, you said it was a good trade if it wasn't top ten protected, but odds are this is going to be a high teens/early 20s pick regardless. Would it magically be better if not protected and we ended up, say, 19th overall regardless?

They're going to be a playoff team, so they won't be getting a top ten pick anyway, so it's no skin off our backs. This is just disaster insurance for the Leafs.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Why are we ‘worried’ about the 5th rounders we gave up a couple years down the road? KD will probably have those replaced by next trade deadline anyhow.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
If the Leafs beat Tampa in the first round this year, in what range would the Hawks pick?

As long as Tampa doesn't make it to the conference final the Hawks will pick 25th or 26th probably

(edited as I've forgotten how many teams are in the league)

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Teensy bit underwhelmed by the trade just coz the picks are far out and i wouldve preferred this year. But i think thats just the fan in me speaking.

Value is on point as you guys say, with what KD was rumored to be wanting and the Orlov trade as precedent.

Very important though that we sold both guys at their highest. They couldve had down years next year easily, so thats a huge huge plus.

Plus Anderson could be a nice new Lafferty or Raddysh type story. So that way, its another asset coming back, not to be dismissed.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad