McCabe and Pysyk assigned to Amerks

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I think at least 1 of Meszaros or Benoit was traded at the deadline for whatever you can get (depth playoff D guys). Thats when we give some Rochester guys more time.

Gorges-Myers
Benoit-Ristolainen
Weber-Pysyk
Strachan

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I think at least 1 of Meszaros or Benoit was traded at the deadline for whatever you can get (depth playoff D guys). Thats when we give some Rochester guys more time.

Gorges-Myers
Benoit-Ristolainen
Weber-Pysyk
Strachan

We are hopefully ~2 weeks from
Gorges-Myers
Weber-Risto
Mesz-Pysyk

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
i can watch it all year... with a huge smile... tank on

This. Embrace the tank! This season is such an exciting time to be a Sabres fan, with McEichel looming. This move is great for Rochester, also. I need to start watching some of their games.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
wherz all z tradez?

Here:

nhl15xone_ps4_thumbnail.jpg

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 · 3m3 minutes ago
Pysyk has played :56 this season. Nolan said he's down to get some games and then will be back.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 · 3m3 minutes ago
Pysyk has played :56 this season. Nolan said he's down to get some games and then will be back.

@BuffaloSabres

Nolan on Pysyk: We've never questioned his ability to play, just have to give him some games & hopefully we get him back up here. #FLAvsBUF

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The tank is going to take a major hit once only two of Weber, Benoit, and Mezaros are in the lineup :(

Unless Nolan goes classic Nolan and Pysyk replaces Risto :laugh:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC · 1m1 minute ago
#Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy said Jake McCabe won't play Saturday. Not quite ready from conditioning standpoint.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So Pysyk for conditioning/game action and then likely back. I'd rather they punt Benoit or Mess-aros down when that happens but it's probably going to be Risto. The first few games, he was holding the line and bring a physical game that would be a nice addition on the PK, if, y'know, he got any PK time.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
So Pysyk for conditioning/game action and then likely back. I'd rather they punt Benoit or Mess-aros down when that happens but it's probably going to be Risto. The first few games, he was holding the line and bring a physical game that would be a nice addition on the PK, if, y'know, he got any PK time.
I think Strachan is the first to go.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The tank is going to take a major hit once only two of Weber, Benoit, and Mezaros are in the lineup :(

Unless Nolan goes classic Nolan and Pysyk replaces Risto :laugh:

Classic Nolan? You do realize these moves are being decided by Murray.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Possible, but I think they'll give him more time.

I don't think the decision would really be about how Risto is playing. It would be about where Murray feels is best for him developmentally. I get the sense, if everyone was healthy at the start of the season, he may have been in Rochester with McCabe with Pysyk in Buffalo.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@kevinoDandC -

#Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy said Jake McCabe won't play Saturday. Not quite ready from conditioning standpoint.
#Amerks D Jake McCabe said the goal is to be ready to play Wednesday vs. Rockford.

Who knew? Jake McCabe has fond memories of the #ROC.
It was here at USA Hockey's 2009 Select 16 camp that career took off.
NTDP coaches Ron Rolston and Chadd Cassidy liked what they saw, invited him to be part of program in Ann Arbor.
McCabe - "My life changed a lot that day. I don't know if I'd be here today if I hadn't played in Ann Arbor."

Considering Mark Pysyk played just 50 seconds of #Sabres preseason, he's anxious to play with the #Amerks Saturday -
http://www.democratandchronicle.com...0/17/pysyk-anxious-to-rejoin-sabres/17435251/

@RSandersonWHTK -

#Amerks D Mark Pysyk will play Saturday at #Marlies.
Jake McCabe (middle-body) will not travel with the team - might debut for #Roc Wednesday vs Rockford.
#Amerks Coach Chadd Cassidy (with Ron Rolston) saw Jake McCabe play @usahockey Select 16 Festival at @BGiceplex in 2009.
Offered him a spot on USNTDP. #Roc
McCabe on assignment to #Amerks - "The #AHL is an awesome league. It's my 1st year pro. Just trying to become a better hockey player."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00