McCabe and Pysyk assigned to Amerks

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BillHoppeNHL: A little surprised Mark Pysyk went down. I think this is probably more "conditioning." I would imagine he'd be back soon.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
@BillHoppeNHL: A little surprised Mark Pysyk went down. I think this is probably more "conditioning." I would imagine he'd be back soon.

I agree. Give him a few games in Rochester, and swap him with Strachan once Pysyk is ready for NHL game action.

Pretty nice D-corps in Rochester right now:

Bagnall-Pysyk
McCabe-Ruhwedel
Petrecki-McKenzie

Though knowing the philosophy of playing contract players over guys with only AHL deals, JGL may be in over McKenzie.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

That's what I was thinking. If they're sending them down to stay there permanently, that's got tank written all over it.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Pysyk might get re-called eventually, but I think McCabe is going to stay. Then next season...

Gorges-Myers
McCabe-Ristolainen
Weber/Zadorov-Pysyk - Zadorov in Rochester for at least half a season if not longer

I don't want to be patient to see our eventual D-corps, but McEichel is worth it.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Lame. Roster moves have been completely uninspiring so far under Murray.

So you would've thrust two guys into NHL games who haven't played in a couple weeks? Don't you think it's fair to both of those guys to let them get their conditioning up and their games in order at the AHL level?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So you would've thrust two guys into NHL games who haven't played in a couple weeks? Don't you think it's fair to both of those guys to get their conditioning up and their games in order at the AHL level?

Will you please! Please stop thinking logical. Think emotional.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Lame. Roster moves have been completely uninspiring so far under Murray.

I don't think he's here for OUR entertainment. I'm not expecting anything inspiring until the deadline, if we have a top 2 pick locked up, I would then think a surprising move would be on the way.

He's here to make HOCKEY decisions, not be an armchair GM.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Hopefully that's all it is. I'm not sure I can watch a full season of us voluntarily electing to play guys like Benoit/Strachan over Pysyk.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I hate to see Pysyk get sent down, as he'd immediately be the 3rd or 4th best defenseman on the team...but a few games in Roch to get back in the swing of things isn't a bad idea. As long as he's back sooner rather than later, I'm fine with this. He's NHL ready, there shouldn't be any doubt whatsoever about that.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Drouin saw more training camp action and he was sent down on a conditioning stint as well. What is Yzerman thinking!?!?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If it is in fact just a conditioning stint for Pisser then I'm fine with it. Otherwise it's pretty silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00