Value of: McAvoy-Draisaitl

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If you don't think BOS would take Bouchard for Pastrnak you are dreaming..
Easy no to giving up Drai for an unproven D. It's gotta be for someone like Pietrangelo.

Not a great argument... McAvoy has enough experience in the so say he will be a #1 Dman... Bouchard, not so much. Not saying he won't be, just that it is far from a foregone conclusion.

Pastrnak and Draisaitl are very close in value... right now it would be hard to argue that Pastnak is not playing at a higher level.

David Pastrnak has 2 back to back 30 goal season and 7 goal this season
Evan Bouchard has played 3 NHL games with 0 points.

Pastrnak and Leon Draisaitl were both drafted in the first round of the 2014 NHL draft Draisaitl #1 Pastrnak #25 . Leon Draisaitl has never broken the 30 goal per season Mark

Not sure why you are bringing draft position into this discussion? That means nothing at this point... and if you are going to do that, at least get your facts straight... Draisaitl went #3.

In the past 2 seasons...
Pastrnak
157 GP 69G 81A 150P

Draisaitl
160GP 54G 93A 147P

Nearly identical stats... Pastrnak with more goals, Draisaitl more assists.

Yes, Draisaitl played half of his TOI with McDavid... but with what else... Lucic? Maroon? Centering guys like Strome, Caggiula, Slepyshev, a young Puljujarvi, Cammalleri. On a 1PP with Letestu (a guy who can't even make an NHL squad this year)... look at the back-end... a D corp who's highest scorer had 25 points and would have ranked 3rd on the Bruins... 4th had Chara not missed 9 games.

Who does Pastrnak play with, Bergeron and Marchand, full-time. A 59 point Dman in Krug, McAvoy was scoring on a 41 point pace (32P in 63GP).

They are very close in production and skill. As stated above, I would agree that Pastrnak is playing at a higher level currently.

Reactions: 780il

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's ok.. McAvoy doesn't need to play for Oilers to win them games. :laugh:
Oilers will keep Drai for now. Thanks.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
F*** off bruins! If Drae is being traded anywhere, it's to colorado for the Sens pick, Timmins & Andrighetto/Kerfoot :madfire::madfire::madfire:

or for Barrie, Andrighetto/Kerfoot and a protected 1st...if the trade takes too long to materialize.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Bouchard is better the Pasta they are saying now?!?! Hahaha never change guys never change. Guys are f***ing losing their collective minds out here.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
If you don't think BOS would take Bouchard for Pastrnak you are dreaming..
Easy no to giving up Drai for an unproven D. It's gotta be for someone like Pietrangelo.
Uhhhh Edmonton would trade Bouchard for Pasta in an absolute heartbeat.

As for this trade, I'd do it if we had a competent GM who would be able to acquire some fire power upfront. McAvoy is a future top D man in the league imo. We just can't afford to give up Drai with the lack of depth we have upfront right now.

Reactions: 780il and mikeyp24

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
bolded part is the wild card statement
Oilers can say Bouchard is a future number 1 D--Look at every teams prospects under 23 and you can a Dman who could be a future number 1 D

except that McAvoy already is playing like a #1.

20yr old rookie: 7-25-32, +20 in 22min/gm. 80 blocks, 133 hits, CF of 54.6/CFrel of 2.2

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Let me preface my comments with the fact that as a Bruins fan I wouldn't want to do it because of my love for McAvoy but I am simply curious on how the value is in a 1-for-1 swap, McAvoy for Draisaitl. Obviously Drai is making 8M+ and McAVoy is currently on ELC but will be getting a raise this summer.

How is the value and what adds are there if any?

Boston takes this deal before the Oilers realized what they just lost.

McAvoy has the potential of being a 1D, but getting a big 1C signed long-term is incredible. Bruins should also be adding, but if they can get this deal 1 for 1, take it.

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Honestly? I think Oilers add, but not too much. I think Drai can be a 70+ point player over his career with some possible 80+ seasons, but Oilers are still hurting for a top pairing guy. If it was 1 for 1, I would do this myself.

Drai already is a 70pt player. He has eclipsed that his last two seasons.

He could be a 90pt player.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Drai already is a 70pt player. He has eclipsed that his last two seasons.

He could be a 90pt player.

That's why I said over his career. Drai doesn't have to put up 90+ points to earn his contract, tbh. He needs to be consistent and, for the past few season, he has been. He's also on pace to beat his totals, or at least match them again. So while he's a bit overpaid, he will grow into that contract. Could be a good one as the cap grows too.

Reactions: Pucklington

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If I’m Boston, no chance I’m giving up McAvoy for Drai.....no chance.

Reactions: north49er

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Not worth giving up a potential 1D for a guy who can't really produce without McDavid or is rather lethargic.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Bouchard is better the Pasta they are saying now?!?! Hahaha never change guys never change. Guys are ****ing losing their collective minds out here.
Or maybe that one guy was just using Bruins logic to point out that guys like McAvoy need to prove a lot more to get up to the level of Pastrnak and Draisaitl.
Look at the post he quoted ie the context.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not worth giving up a potential 1D for a guy who can't really produce without McDavid or is rather lethargic.

Written by someone who clearly doesn't not know the player or the team.

If Boston doesn't want to part with McAvoy. I totally get that. Don't bash Draisaitl to make that point.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Or maybe that one guy was just using Bruins logic to point out that guys like McAvoy need to prove a lot more to get up to the level of Pastrnak and Draisaitl.
Look at the post he quoted ie the context.
That wouldnt make sense because McAvoy has proved in playoffs nd a full season he is legit. After Drais first big season EDM fans had him above Jones. So factor in Drais HUGE contract and being proven to be a 70ptish player vs McAvoy being cost controlled and much younger the logic is clear.

To change it to saying the 2 players he chose are comparable to McAvoy and Drai would be stupid and I'm not going to assume that poster isnt smart so you have to take it for qhat he is saying which is he believes they are comparable.

So while 99% dont think that 1 does. I shouldn't have generalized.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Written by someone who clearly doesn't not know the player or the team.

If Boston doesn't want to part with McAvoy. I totally get that. Don't bash Draisaitl to make that point.
* lethargic carrying his own line is what I meant to say. And I've watched my fair share of Oiler games this year and have read the comments made by Oilers fans regarding LD on their forum.

Draisaitl struggles to consistently drive his own line without McDavid. All his point this season are assisted by McDavid.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Can Boston sign him to his extension so the Oilers don’t have to have Chia overpay him on a long term deal?

If so then I make the deal if I’m the Oilers.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
* lethargic carrying his own line is what I meant to say. And I've watched my fair share of Oiler games this year and have read the comments made by Oilers fans regarding LD on their forum.

Draisaitl struggles to consistently drive his own line without McDavid. All his point this season are assisted by McDavid.

All of the Oilers goals except two have either been scored by MCDavid or assisted by MCDavid.

Congrats on coming to your conclusion based on watching a couple of Oilers games where you trolled the Oilers GDT’s and got booted out of them. Bravo.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Would love a future blue line with McAvoy, Bouchard, Nurse, Klefbom and Larsson but after McDavid and RNH we would have absolutely nothing up front.

Maybe Puljujarvi and Yamamoto step up and provide enough secondary scoring that it would be something to consider in a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad