Value of: McAvoy-Draisaitl

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Solid proposal... both sides would want to hold onto their guy because they see them as core pieces.

I don’t see how the Oilers can afford to give up any scoring forwards right now... our lack of depth at forward is evident. Can’t say our D depth is any better though.

That said, I look forward to the sure-to-be Expansion Draft... if we can only protect 3 D... McAvoy (guaranteed), Nurse (guaranteed), Klefbom? or Larsson?... this is the same reason I am 99% confident Bouchard is heading back to juniors after 9 games (the other 1% is based on our incompetent management).

Man, would I love a Dman like McAvoy on the Oilers... and the cost would definitely be a Draisaitl type player.

Reactions: 780il

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
I'm a neutral fan. Super interesting proposal, so ridiculous it actually makes sense. Think the value trends towards McAvoy due to Draisaitl's contract, but interesting nonetheless.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It butters my biscuit, even as a Drai fan, but I'm not sure we can afford to dump scoring forwards at this point and hope Bouchard can live up to our expectations.

Oilers can not afford to remove the one guy who often drivesthe second line of scoring--right now he is riding shotgun on special teams and not scoring form the second line

remove Leon D who is the second line scorer?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Drai helluva player. But I dont give up a future #1 D man.
Thanks but no.
How would you feel if an Oilers fan states "Pastrnak is a great player but I don't up Bouchard For him. No thanks."

Drai has earned his respect by scoring back to back 70pts finishing top 10 in league scoring. Let's hold on to the horses when it comes to a kid 70 games in.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
How would you feel if an Oilers fan states "Pastrnak is a great player but I don't up Bouchard For him. No thanks."

Drai has earned his respect by scoring back to back 70pts finishing top 10 in league scoring. Let's hold on to the horses when it comes to a kid 70 games in.

Show me where I disrespected anyone here?
Point is I value a #1 D man more. Plain and simple. In my 50 plus years I beleve he has the goods. My values. My observations. My experience over my lifetime.

How Oilers fans feel?
I dont give 2 shits.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Well, look at it this way. If Edmonton traded Hall for Larsson, well Leon for McAvoy is not even close. Hall is better then Leon and McAvoy is already better then Larson. Edmonton would add for sure.

I think I'd want more for the Oilers, but I don't know if that's fair or not, I haven't seen enough of McAvoy to have a good gauge on what he would bring to us.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well, look at it this way. If Edmonton traded Hall for Larsson, well Leon for McAvoy is not even close. Hall is better then Leon and McAvoy is already better then Larson. Edmonton would add for sure.
Dougie Traded For Seyshyn plus poop therefore McAvoy fetches poop. Your logic back at ya.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Yes don't forget the poop JFK and Lauzon too for Dougie. If you think that Peter C would not take McAvoy straight up for Leon your dreaming. Boston would be an easy no.

Dougie Traded For Seyshyn plus poop therefore McAvoy fetches poop. Your logic back at ya.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Let me know when Bouchard shows it in the NHL. McAvoy stepped in at 19 into the playoffs and played 26 mintues a night.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yes don't forget the poop JFK and Lauzon too for Dougie. If you think that Peter C would not take McAvoy straight up for Leon your dreaming. Boston would be an easy no.
If you don't think BOS would take Bouchard for Pastrnak you are dreaming..
Easy no to giving up Drai for an unproven D. It's gotta be for someone like Pietrangelo.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Easy no to giving up Drai for an unproven D. It's gotta be for someone like Pietrangelo.

Fine, keep the expensive Draisatl and we will keep our ''unproven D''.

Mods should probably close this one since it clear the trade is fair but neither team would do it.

Reactions: LTIR

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine

David Pastrnak has 2 back to back 30 goal season and 7 goal this season
Evan Bouchard has played 3 NHL games with 0 points.

Pastrnak and Leon Draisaitl were both drafted in the first round of the 2014 NHL draft Draisaitl #1 Pastrnak #25 . Leon Draisaitl has never broken the 30 goal per season Mark

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Wow. Bouchard isn't even in the same league as Pastrnak. What an awful f***ing post. Just awful.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Seems pretty fair one for one. I’d give up more for Draisaitl, but that’s only because the Sharks have Burns and Karlsson and no #1C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad