Blue Jays Discussion: Maybe guys are starting to turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Just coming to post this...Gibbons days are numbered then. When was the last time a coach/manager did NOT get fired after a 'vote of confidence'

AA had to give similar interviews last year., the problem wasn't and isn't Gibbons.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
But...wait....his numbers were unsustainable and Stroman was gonna be our #1 ace this year, I thought?

those people are idiots

first off, advanced stats people are not idiots. secondly, advanced stats people liked Estrada last year so buddys comment has no merit

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
AA is so overrated it hurts. 4 horrible yrs, trading most of our prospects away for 1 run and then runs off at the first sign.

we could have a rotation of Noah | Stro | Sanchez | Norris | Anyone lol

but hey, its cool we got the bat flip outta it

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
AA is so overrated it hurts. 4 horrible yrs, trading most of our prospects away for 1 run and then runs off at the first sign.

I assume in this scenario Norris is performing well in the majors instead of getting lit up in AAA?

It's funny that you characterize it as four horrible years and then lament the prospects he gave up. You know he spent his first four years in Toronto undertaking one of the most impressive rebuilds any of us has ever seen, right? I mean... we can debate his decision to deal away those prospects, or the timing, or the specific stars he targeted, but the team's drafting and IFA record under his leadership is the only reason they had the option of making those decisions.

You couldn't have asked for more in his first four years in Toronto.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I assume in this scenario Norris is performing well in the majors instead of getting lit up in AAA?

It's funny that you characterize it as four horrible years and then lament the prospects he gave up. You know he spent his first four years in Toronto undertaking one of the most impressive rebuilds any of us has ever seen, right? I mean... we can debate his decision to deal away those prospects, or the timing, or the specific stars he targeted, but the team's drafting and IFA record under his leadership is the only reason they had the option of making those decisions.

You couldn't have asked for more in his first four years in Toronto.

HE.DID.NOTHING.

those 4 yrs he built up a solid farm to just trade them all away. and now were crying 50 games into a season cause we have like, 2? prospects now and a bunch of "aging old players declining" as most here put it. ... AA is awful. He's an elite scout, and bottom barrel GM. LAD is perfect for him. he can take risks with an unlimited payroll

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
damn, so were reaping the benefits of those prospects in the pros right? :handclap:

I said his first four years, from the time he was hired until the day before the Marlins trade, were amazing. I specifically said everything that happened after that is debatable.

If you could go back to the day before the Marlins trade, what would you think of his tenure to that point?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
HE.DID.NOTHING.

those 4 yrs he built up a solid farm to just trade them all away. and now were crying 50 games into a season cause we have like, 2? prospects now and a bunch of "aging old players declining" as most here put it. ... AA is awful. He's an elite scout, and bottom barrel GM. LAD is perfect for him. he can take risks with an unlimited payroll

He got Donaldson. And took the Blue Jays deeper into the playoffs for the first time since... uh. Kurt Cobain was alive then.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Ok, so it's just Syndergaard.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
He got Donaldson. And took the Blue Jays deeper into the playoffs for the first time since... uh. Kurt Cobain was alive then.

What do you mean by "then"... are you trying to tell me that Kurt isn't relaxing on the beaches of a remote island with Elvis, Tupac, JFK, and Michael Jackson? :sarcasm:

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
I'm honestly starting to think that these pending contracts with j.b and ee are become a distraction. to the team now

Why would this be a distraction? You think a team full of veteran players gives a crap about the impending free agency of two players? These guys have all been around the block.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
what is spin-rate good for exactly?

does it make the ball harder to pick up? Is that what makes Estrada's 89mph fastball so tough to hit?

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
what is spin-rate good for exactly?

does it make the ball harder to pick up? Is that what makes Estrada's 89mph fastball so tough to hit?

Where the ball ends up in the zone depends on how much spin it has (this is why knuckleballs are frustrating, no spin-rate means its path is erratic and unpredictable). Additionally, the higher the spin-rate, the tougher it is to make contact with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad