GDT: May the Fourth Be With Us Game|CBJ vs Bruins|5-4-19|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I agree that you either use Dzingel in an offensive role on a scoring line or you sit him. Playing him on a checking line is just silly and horrible coaching.

Reactions: EspenK

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hear you , but Dubois has been invisible . I guess it really depends on how the game will be called ... If the officials set the tone early , the passing , speed , and puck movement could give them fits .

I do like the lineup you posted as well

I just assume that at home the Bruins can pretty much wipe out any line they want with the Bergeron matchup. So it's best to spread the scoring.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
If i was coach i drop Tex out of lineup. He is young great talent with skill but i dont think he mature enough. Bad solutions in this serie and those kind of mistakes are too expensive.

My lineups

Bread - PLD - Cam

Dzing - Duch - Andy

Captain - Wenny - Björky

Jenner - Dubi - Nash(Robinson)

Jones - Werenski

Savard - Nuti(Harrington)

Gavrikov - Harrington(Kukan)

Lets make Boston out again!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So you want to negate Josh Anderson from our lineup? That is what you are doing by putting him on line with Pooh. Pooh can more effectively negate Andy than anyone the Bruins can put out there. There is a reason that our final drive winning 7 out of 8 to make the playoffs and sweeping Tampa had Pooh on the bench. Bench is his best position.

Then you add Robinson who has never scored a goal in the NHL. Then you add Gavrikov who has never played in a North American rink? Who are you the coach of the Bruins?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Dzingel got 5 minutes in a game they were trailing....I can't see how he plays tonight and if he does I can't see how he gets more than 5-7 minutes.

To be behind a 19 year old who had 7 AHL games under his belt before stepping into the big time.....boy....that is a long way from relevance....Dzingel likely counting the dollars he will lose out on in free agency

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
That is more on Torts than on Dzingel. When Dzingel is put on a checking line, it reflects upon how poorly the coach uses his players.

Reactions: The Bread Man

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It goes both ways. We were two points ahead of Montreal. We were also two points behind having 7th in the league. We would have passed the top three teams in the Central division, the Pens, Carolina, and tied Toronto in ROW with just one more win. I expect you'll continue to lump us in with Montreal and ignore the association with any of those other clubs.

0 = 0 offensively. I don't expect any of those guys to score against the Bruins, I want a guy who can play a solid 10 minutes and keep the puck on the forecheck. Sedlak is a better forechecker than those guys.

The ROW debate means nothing. Yeah, we had similar ROW as Toronto, Washington, and NYI. ROW is nothing more than the tiebreaker. Yes, it is important, but it's nowhere near as important as points. We were lumped in with Carolina, Montreal, Florida, and Philadelphia in the last two years. All of these teams are either basement dwellers or still bubble teams currently. Carolina is on a hell of a run, but they are still a bubble team. The New York Giants, Steelers, and many other NFL teams have gone on to win super bowls as bubble teams too.

Sure, but that's not what bus said. Personally, I'd take Hannikainen.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Dzingel got 5 minutes in a game they were trailing....I can't see how he plays tonight and if he does I can't see how he gets more than 5-7 minutes.

To be behind a 19 year old who had 7 AHL games under his belt before stepping into the big time.....boy....that is a long way from relevance....Dzingel likely counting the dollars he will lose out on in free agency

He has nobody to blame but himself. He has looked invisible his entire tenure here. I can't recall one time I was impressed by him.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
CBJ 5-2 in their last 7 road playoff games. Undefeated in May road games. Never lost when they have played same day as the Kentucky Derby. Undefeated on NBC. The force is strong.
Love the Ky Derby stat:laugh: I believe they have the same record in all games played on the 4th of July.

Reactions: Bobcat110

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He has nobody to blame but himself. He has looked invisible his entire tenure here. I can't recall one time I was impressed by him.

A complete waste of two second rounders. And Duclair.

The team that signs him to a long term deal will regret it. Hopefully it's not the CBJ.

That said, he will have a natural hat trick in period 1 tonite.

Reactions: majormajor

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
The ROW debate means nothing. Yeah, we had similar ROW as Toronto, Washington, and NYI. ROW is nothing more than the tiebreaker. Yes, it is important, but it's nowhere near as important as points. We were lumped in with Carolina, Montreal, Florida, and Philadelphia in the last two years. All of these teams are either basement dwellers or still bubble teams currently. Carolina is on a hell of a run, but they are still a bubble team. The New York Giants, Steelers, and many other NFL teams have gone on to win super bowls as bubble teams too.

Sure, but that's not what bus said. Personally, I'd take Hannikainen.

In the past three seasons, we’ve finished cumulatively 5 points behind Pittsburgh. We’ve finished 13 points ahead of Carolina, 13 points ahead of Florida, 15 points ahead of Philly, 28 points ahead of Montreal. We were closer to Pittsburgh this year than we were to missing the playoffs.

I think that’s major’s point. Yes, we’ve been a bubble team, technically. But you lump us in with teams below us but don’t lump us in with teams we’re close to (and closer to) above us. We’ve been much more consistent than those other teams and less likely to be prone to missing the playoffs. That could change without Bread and Bob, but we’re playoff regulars as much as we are a “bubble team.”

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
In the past three seasons, we’ve finished cumulatively 5 points behind Pittsburgh. We’ve finished 13 points ahead of Carolina, 13 points ahead of Florida, 15 points ahead of Philly, 28 points ahead of Montreal. We were closer to Pittsburgh this year than we were to missing the playoffs.

I think that’s major’s point. Yes, we’ve been a bubble team, technically. But you lump us in with teams below us but don’t lump us in with teams we’re close to (and closer to) above us. We’ve been much more consistent than those other teams and less likely to be prone to missing the playoffs. That could change without Bread and Bob, but we’re playoff regulars as much as we are a “bubble team.”

Pittsburgh isn't a bubble team though. They won 2/3 cups. And although this years and last years teams were different from the cup winning teams, any team fielding Crosby and Malkin is getting in the playoffs. Where they finish doesn't matter.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Pittsburgh isn't a bubble team though. They won 2/3 cups. And although this years and last years teams were different from the cup winning teams, any team fielding Crosby and Malkin is getting in the playoffs. Where they finish doesn't matter.

If that’s your argument, you could say similar about us. We’ve made the playoffs three straight years. We know how to get in the field. Montreal doesn’t. Florida doesn’t. If Pittsburgh lost one more game and Montreal won one more over the ENTIRE season, Pittsburgh’s out. That seems to be a bubble team to me. But we also “knew” they’d find a way in.

I’m not disagreeing with your take on Pittsburgh. But maybe it’s also true that we know how to find a way also and it’s time to give us credit for that. Like I said, we’re as much playoff regulars as we are a bubble team.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I wouldn't put Bread and Dutch together on the road. Too easy for the Bruins to match them.

Dzingel is useless in that spot. He's either with Duchene or out of the lineup for me. I suppose I like your lineup more than what Torts is doing.

Panarin - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Dzingel - Duchene - Atkinson
Texier - Foligno - Anderson
Jenner - Dubinsky - Nash
Decent forward lineup.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I wouldn't put Bread and Dutch together on the road. Too easy for the Bruins to match them.

Dzingel is useless in that spot. He's either with Duchene or out of the lineup for me. I suppose I like your lineup more than what Torts is doing.

Panarin - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Dzingel - Duchene - Atkinson
Texier - Foligno - Anderson
Jenner - Dubinsky - Nash
Yup, let’s try to go back to what we ran against TB. It’s worth a shot for sure.

PLEASE WIN.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The ROW debate means nothing. Yeah, we had similar ROW as Toronto, Washington, and NYI. ROW is nothing more than the tiebreaker. Yes, it is important, but it's nowhere near as important as points.

I don't mean ahead in ROW, I mean ahead in the actual standings. With one more win the Jackets would have passed St. Louis, Winnipeg, Carolina, passed Nashville and Pittsburgh in the tie-breaker, and lost in the tie-breaker to Toronto. They were closer to being in 8th (two points) than they were to being in 14th (three points). Jackets were as close to passing Toronto and San Jose for 6th in the league (3 pts) as they were to missing the playoffs. That's parity for you.

(And all of that with a team that in my opinion massively underperformed all year, and didn't include Matt Duchene.)

That's an awful lot of good teams that were technically on the bubble, which makes me wonder what your point is. I'm not sure how this debate even got started. Probably your deep seated feelings of inferiority.

We were lumped in with Carolina, Montreal, Florida, and Philadelphia in the last two years. All of these teams are either basement dwellers or still bubble teams currently. Carolina is on a hell of a run, but they are still a bubble team. The New York Giants, Steelers, and many other NFL teams have gone on to win super bowls as bubble teams too.

The Jackets were 8th in wins over the last two years, 10th in points. The four other teams you mentioned were in the bottom half of the league in that span, ten to twenty wins behind. Over the two year span the Jackets are closer to 2nd in the league than they are to any of those 4 clubs.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I don't mean ahead in ROW, I mean ahead in the actual standings. With one more win the Jackets would have passed St. Louis, Winnipeg, Carolina, passed Nashville and Pittsburgh in the tie-breaker, and lost in the tie-breaker to Toronto. They were closer to being in 8th (two points) than they were to being in 14th (three points). Jackets were as close to passing Toronto and San Jose for 6th in the league (3 pts) as they were to missing the playoffs. That's parity for you.

(And all of that with a team that in my opinion massively underperformed all year, and didn't include Matt Duchene.)

That's an awful lot of good teams that were technically on the bubble, which makes me wonder what your point is. I'm not sure how this debate even got started. Probably your deep seated feelings of inferiority.

The Jackets were 8th in wins over the last two years, 10th in points. The four other teams you mentioned were in the bottom half of the league in that span, ten to twenty wins behind. Over the two year span the Jackets are closer to 2nd in the league than they are to any of those 4 clubs.

You called those teams bubble teams. Not me. I called Florida (last year), Montreal (this year), Philadelphia (both years but more so last year), Carolina (this year), and us (both) as bubble teams. Some of these teams made it in, some didn't. We so happened to make it in both years. It has nothing to do with inferiority.

By those numbers you would think we made the playoffs easily. However that didn't happen. 2/3 years we made it required extremely hot runs at the end of the season to get in. Call it flipping the switch when you need to most or what, but it took near perfection both times. And then we know the other appearance was due to the 16 game streak.

I don't know why you care so much about this bubble team thing. It means nothing now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know why you care so much about this bubble team thing. It means nothing now.

I have never talked about "bubble team" unless I'm arguing with you, to persuade you that it is meaningless. You are the one that comes up with this inferiority stuff, which is annoying to me. They have the 4th most wins over the last 3 years, have just swept the Lightning, and they'll always be the S.O.J. in your sad heart. Pathetic.

By those numbers you would think we made the playoffs easily.

No because next to no one "makes the playoffs easily". Only 3 teams topped 105 points this year, 5 last year, 5 the year before that (including CBJ).

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
153601-0eed8fff4bef05454fbf1072c4739c5c.jpg

The Wookie lives.

Attachments

• savard (2).jpg
    savard (2).jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: ReggieRed

pled

Sep 7, 2009
nash and gav wont play I think its same lineup as last game

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Got the smoker fired up, the Growler of Bodhi cracked, and am ready to roll. Feeling much better about tonight than I was on Thursday. Really hope Nash is in.

Best of three to face Carolina is the ECF. Too good of an opportunity to let this get away.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad