May God Have Mercy On Our Souls - Tyler Kennedy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Look on the bright side, with Kennedy centering them, the league will realize that Kuny and Dupers aren't the all stars their stat line makes them out to be, saving Shero $$$ come contract time.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Look on the bright side, with Kennedy centering them, the league will realize that Kuny and Dupers aren't the all stars their stat line makes them out to be, saving Shero $$$ come contract time.

Or Kennedy will price himself out of Pittsburgh and increase his RFA trade value.

edit: I forgot it was already April 2nd.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Through the eyes of a Chest Sniper

picture.php

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It will be tried for a few shifts until Jeffrey is back up there and the 4th line ends up being Glass, Adams, Kennedy for the rest of the game. I did like TK's jump on that line, he didn't look entirely bad.

We'll see tomorrow though.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I am puzzled as to how Bylsma can look at his roster and think "yes, Tyler Kennedy is the perfect replacement for Sidney Crosby to centre the first line."

I love how further down in the article it states that the onus to produce will likely be on Geno's line. Haha - gee, do ya think?

Chest snipes incoming.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I am puzzled as to how Bylsma can look at his roster and think "yes, Tyler Kennedy is the perfect replacement for Sidney Crosby to centre the first line."

I love how further down in the article it states that the onus to produce will likely be on Geno's line. Haha - gee, do ya think?

Chest snipes incoming.

Dan Bylsma is not a smart man.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Theres a couple reasons i don't mind it.

One is, it helps to keep lines 1B and the 3rd together to develop chemistry. Morrow and Iginla are still sorting through the kinks here.

Secondly, Kennedy may be a better faceoff man than Jeffrey. Sutter has been good taking right sided draws but Sid was the go to guy on the left cuz Sutter wasn't good there at all.

Vitale isn't gonna center Kunitz and Dupuis. Cooke's game winning goal Saturday was actually off a Kennedy faceoff win.

I say try him there. See how he does and go from there.

Last edited:

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Secondly, Kennedy may be a better faceoff man than Jeffrey.

Kennedy won literally one faceoff against the Islanders (1/3). We'll see how it goes against the Sabres, but I wouldn't expect him to do all that well in the faceoff circle going forward.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kennedy won literally one faceoff against the Islanders (1/3). We'll see how it goes against the Sabres, but I wouldn't expect him to do all that well in the faceoff circle going forward.

Too small a sample size.
Jeffrey has had ample oppurtunity in the top 6 this year. They know what he brings to the table.

See what Kennedy can do and go from there.

ETA: The other thing is DB may not like Jeffrey between Kunitz/Dupuis. So is trying this out first, to see if it brings results before going with Jeffrey.

I wouldn't really mind trying Vitale there if Kennedy doesn't work as well but doubt that happens.

The one thing i would do if i were DB is dress Vitale.
Dress him on the 4th and if he's hot on the draws get him to take PK draws and important O-Zone draws.

Last edited:

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
As long as Kennedy never shoots it shouldn't be horrible.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
This will happen the day penguins can fly.

Easy fix: electromagnets.

Have a giant electromagnet under the ice, and another embedded in all the stick blades. There will be a remote switch that the coaching staff have. When TK winds up for a shot, turn it on and his stick is now firmly planted on the ice, no shot possible.

This would also come in handy for Orpik slappers.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
If TK shot at an open net, the puck would fly into the bench and hit the goalie in the chest while he was sitting down.

But seriously, maybe we can trade him to CBJ for Mark Letestu, he's got 20 points in 34 games and is a +6. He'd be a good fill-in center for now. He also looks oddly familiar...

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
But seriously, maybe we can trade him to CBJ for Mark Letestu, he's got 20 points in 34 games and is a +6. He'd be a good fill-in center for now. He also looks oddly familiar...
Why would CBJ do that? Jarmo isn't an idiot. They're probably looking to re-sign him.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
on the surface I see the reasoning. tk can keep up with duper and kunitiz. Jeffrey while not a liability skating wise just doesn't have the wheels tk has. that and it's not like the lines are set in stone the whole game. wouldn't be surprised to see Jeffrey there for a shift or malkin to double shift into that line either..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad