May God Have Mercy On Our Souls - Tyler Kennedy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I don't know, I don't have a huge problem with it since it's likely only going to be for a few games. He's fast and he's good at cycling/puck protection. Dupuis and Kunitz work well enough together that all they really need is someone who can keep up with them and help keep the puck in the offensive zone. If it was a permanent solution I'd be horrified but meh. I find it difficult to get worked up over this.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I like it because it means Disco doesn't see TK as an important part of any of the other lines. He is a spare part. That's good news.

It also means they fully expect Crosby to come back because if he wasn't they'd rework the lines entirely.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I think I understand better what Disco is trying to do with this setup but our 1st line is basically a 3rd line now.

The only good reason I've heard for Kennedy vs. Jeffrey is faceoffs, although I don't know if he will be better. If he's not Kennedy belongs on the 4th line. Offensively they'll create about the same number of chances centering those two guys.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think this is a good way to up his trade value. Dan and Ray are trying to get other teams to think "jeeze, if Kennedy can play 1C on a team that has both Crosby and Malkin, he's gotta be beast!"

In all seriousness though, Kennedy hasn't looked terrible the last few games. I know he's not here to stay, but he'll do for now. And, knowing Dan, he's just going to play line shuffle during the game anyway.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why not scratch one of these bums, add a D and double shift one of the big guns?

we have more injuries on defense than forward. And I know we like to complain, but TK, Vitale and Jeffrey aren't exactly bums when discussing our apparent number 11-13 forwards with Sid out.

Feb 12, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I think this is a good way to up his trade value. Dan and Ray are trying to get other teams to think "jeeze, if Kennedy can play 1C on a team that has both Crosby and Malkin, he's gotta be beast!"

In all seriousness though, Kennedy hasn't looked terrible the last few games. I know he's not here to stay, but he'll do for now. And, knowing Dan, he's just going to play line shuffle during the game anyway.

I'm not as worried about it as i was when i first heard he was going to play on that line. Disco Dan never keeps the same lines throughout a game

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
The biggest concern is if the production of that line goes up with TK at centre. Where will we fit Sid into the lineup when he gets back?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
This is likely DB's rationale.

It's not as if he can't plug DJ or Sutter back between them at any point if it's clear the TK shouldn't be in that position. It's no big deal.

TK and DJ are about equal now.....and both are much better than Glass and Adams.

I am frothing at the mouth to see a 4th line of TK, DJ, and BB. That 4th line would dominate.

TK is historically a better player than DJ and that is probably why he is getting the nod. I don't see TK as being half as bad as most here though. Sure, he's having a bad year, but has been very good in his past.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
TK and DJ are about equal now.....and both are much better than Glass and Adams.

I am frothing at the mouth to see a 4th line of TK, DJ, and BB. That 4th line would dominate.

TK is historically a better player than DJ and that is probably why he is getting the nod. I don't see TK as being half as bad as most here though. Sure, he's having a bad year, but has been very good in his past.

Bylsma with a scoring 4th line. That's funny stuff right there

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
In the past I distinctly remember Bylsma saying he didnt care much about chemistry. But these moves always seem counter to that. Hes trying to allow the 2nd and third lines to gel while putting a filler player in the open spot.
You see it with Jeffrey in Malkins spot and now Kennedy in Sids spot.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
In the past I distinctly remember Bylsma saying he didnt care much about chemistry. But these moves always seem counter to that. Hes trying to allow the 2nd and third lines to gel while putting a filler player in the open spot.
You see it with Jeffrey in Malkins spot and now Kennedy in Sids spot.

There's different kinds of chemistry. There's on-ice chemistry, which is easier for people to pick up from Sid - who is a gogogogogogogogogog north-south kind of guy - than it is with Geno - who has a lot more 'wtf dude', sudden movements and creativity to his game. And then there's locker room chemistry. The nice thing about these moves is they'll be awesome with the latter. As for the former: Morrow can fit either player from a style POV - he works the boards and the nets, and that is a universal skill set. Iggy is a bit trickier. His game fits Sid's better, but he has the skills to make it work with Geno. Either way, I think the chemistry will be a non-issue, whether you believe in it or not.

sanitysrequiem

Nov 14, 2009
Guys guys, you're looking at this wrong. The only reason TK chest snipes is because he comes down the Wing. Now that he's at centre ice, every shot will be top shelf!

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah I don't see this lasting a whole game at least. Love Kunitz and Dupers but Crosby has single handedly brought their game up, don't see Kennedy doing the same.

Ray Shero*

Tyler replacing Sidney?

I'm gonna have to talk to Dan about this...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Seemed like a pretty sound move, but oddly it did not work out.

Who would have thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->