Injury Report: MAY 6: Neal, Orpik work in full gear during optional practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
If Malkin is reinjuring his shoulder every other game he needs to just get surgery and call it a season. No use occupying a roster spot playing at 70%.

70% of Malkin is still better than the vast majority of all NHL players.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I don't think Malkin ever healed to be honest. I've seen him take only one or two full-swing one-timers since coming back. Lots of wristers, snap-shots, shots in close. He can still be effective that way though. I'd say he's at 70-85% health and that's good enough as long as you're not talking about a lower body injury (knee, hip, etc that he could make permenantly worse or a head injury). Malkin's problem is occasional erratic play and giveaways (and there were definitely more than the three the official scorer counted -- our scorer must be a total homer).

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
Par for the course. Guy comes back, another guy is injured.

2717273_o.gif

ericstrat1

Oct 29, 2010
If Malkin is reinjuring his shoulder every other game he needs to just get surgery and call it a season. No use occupying a roster spot playing at 70%.

It's his foot I thought. Dupes smacked a shot into it that pretty much took all the hop out of him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just once I would love to see us play a couple games with everyone at 100%...

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
$#&^%(*^ Hamonik...

HOPEFULLY just a maintenance day...

Has Orpik skated at ALL since his injury? SO strange that no one (that I know of) saw the injury, and yet he's not even PRACTICING. Odd to have an injury severe enough to keep you out of practice for over a week, and yet no one saw the injury...

That's why I suspect something like a groin.

insomniac34

Mar 31, 2010
Am i the only one that thinks we're actually pretty healthy? :help:

We have both our superstars, I doubt Malkin is any "more" injured then he was yesterday or Wednesday.

We have pretty much everyone except Neal. I suppose we miss Orpik's leadership but his play certainly wasn't an overwhelming cog in the Pen's machin this year. All we need is Neal, and it looks like he'll be back shortly.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh

We have both our superstars, I doubt Malkin is any "more" injured then he was yesterday or Wednesday.

We have pretty much everyone except Neal. I suppose we miss Orpik's leadership but his play certainly wasn't an overwhelming cog in the Pen's machin this year. All we need is Neal, and it looks like he'll be back shortly.

Yeah on the plus side Crosby should be getting stronger as games go on. Just gotta get past the first round.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

I agree. and Malkin looked damn near 100% in the last few regular season games and in game 1. If the hit by Hamonic reinjured his shoulder, he didnt show it at all (nor would it explain his poor play earlier in the game).

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Yes, knock on wood, I think we ARE getting fairly healthy. Malkin is probably OK, I actually think it looks like his shoulder was feeling a good bit better the last few games; hopefully is WAS his foot, and not his shoulder from the Hamonik hit, that kept him out today. Presuming Orpik's issue is NOT his groin, he and Neal both will likely be back soon...and if we can keep the lineup intact for a few games with no more injuries, and IF we don't lay anymore eggs like the last game and actually get through round 1, then we just might get everyone back during the Isles series, time to get into game shape and ready for round two...

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
No team is 100% healthy, every team is dealing with Injuries. Yes the pens have dealt with some good players being injuried, but when you have a stacked roster that happens.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
No team is 100% healthy, every team is dealing with Injuries. Yes the pens have dealt with some good players being injuried, but when you have a stacked roster that happens.

Can we trade injury to Neal and Orpik, for Glass and Engelland (let's say)?

I don't like saying stuff like that....but we always seem to get our better pieces injured.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

Are skilled players more likely to be injured? Do more players get injured when there are a lot of good ones in one place? This is an interesting theory.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I still think it's Geno's foot and not the shoulder.

Didn't a puck hit him in the inside of the foot or around that area last night??? I remember he was skating pretty gingerly for a few mins.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Would like to see:

Kunitz Crosby Iginla
Bennett Malkin Jokinen
Morrow Sutter Dupuis
Cooke Vitale Adams

Murray Letang
Despres Martin
Eaton Niskanen

Vokoun

Fat chance, I know.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Would like to see:

Kunitz Crosby Iginla
Bennett Malkin Jokinen
Morrow Sutter Dupuis
Cooke Vitale Adams

Murray Letang
Despres Martin
Eaton Niskanen

Vokoun

Fat chance, I know.

Very Fat Chance.

1. Pascal Dupuis will not be taken off of Crosby's wing.
2. Cooke will not play on the 4th line.
3. Murray will only play with Niskanen
4. Despres will not play over Engelland
5. Vitale won't play lol
6. Bylsma won't bench Fleury after one game (I agree with this)

I think we willl see the same lineuo as we did Friday night, unless Orpik is back which...I doubt.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Jokinen-Adams

Eaton-Letang
Martin-Engelland
Murray-Niskanen

Fleury.

ericstrat1

Oct 29, 2010
I still think it's Geno's foot and not the shoulder.

Didn't a puck hit him in the inside of the foot or around that area last night??? I remember he was skating pretty gingerly for a few mins.

Yeah, another friendly fire incident. They discussed it on the nhl network/nbcs feed and referred to it as now Malkin has a bee in his skate from Dupuis' shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad