Injury Report: MAY 6: Neal, Orpik work in full gear during optional practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Neal will skate in a track suit. No pads.

Is that for sure, Harv? I hadn't seen that. If so, it's good news. I also agree that Jokinen on the 4th line, if BB is scratched and it's Vitale and Glass, makes no sense. Jokinen with BB and Adams makes sense; with Vitale and Glass, his skill is wasted IMO.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Is that for sure, Harv? I hadn't seen that. If so, it's good news. I also agree that Jokinen on the 4th line, if BB is scratched and it's Vitale and Glass, makes no sense. Jokinen with BB and Adams makes sense; with Vitale and Glass, his skill is wasted IMO.

He did skate. And he's practicing now.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Neal must have rubber ankles. Pretty amazing he could roll it like he did and be back on the ice so soon. Great news though.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Is that for sure, Harv? I hadn't seen that. If so, it's good news.

He was slated to skate with track suit to see how it feels.

Now practicing with the team, so it must of felt ok...

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Rob Rossi @RobRossi_Trib

#TribHKY Neal PRACTICING with #pens in NY

!!!

He did skate. And he's practicing now.

Superb. Thanks, Waffle.

Now, DB has to decide once and for all who sits in a fully healthy lineup. I HATED the way he used JJ and BB in the last game. Don't understand it at all. Seems like he rolled anyone with anyone last game -- the lines were all jumbled up.

ANYWAY, if Nealer is ready to go, I PRAY he dresses Dupuis Crosby Iginla Kunitz Malkin Neal Morrow Sutter Cooke Bennett Jokinen Adams.

AND -- I pray that this team gets its heads out of their collective rear ends...recognizes that NO MATTER who is in the lineup, they have to play aggressive, smart defense.

I hope they see that Friday night's game was a carbon copy of their sloppy, undisciplined 2012 Philly series meltdown, and that if they don't buckle down and play like the 2nd half of 2013 Pens, instead of the 2012 playoff Pens, they are going to be golfing in a week...

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Rob Rossi @RobRossi_Trib

#TribHKY Neal just left #pens practice after 1 still

Booooo

ROOT SPORTS™ | PIT @ROOTSPORTSPIT

That doesnt mean something is wrong.....-DP

Yay :laugh:

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Geno probably hurt his shoulder, took some big hits last night

$#&^%(*^ Hamonik...

HOPEFULLY just a maintenance day...

Has Orpik skated at ALL since his injury? SO strange that no one (that I know of) saw the injury, and yet he's not even PRACTICING. Odd to have an injury severe enough to keep you out of practice for over a week, and yet no one saw the injury...

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Rich Miller @PensBender

Probably just a test run for Neal. Early game tomorrow isn't going to help his chances. #penguins

Dejan Kovacevic @Dejan_Kovacevic

Wouldn’t fret too much over Malkin. He came out earlier in usual workout sweats, shot around as usual. Not like something major. #TribHKY

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
$#&^%(*^ Hamonik...

HOPEFULLY just a maintenance day...

Has Orpik skated at ALL since his injury? SO strange that no one (that I know of) saw the injury, and yet he's not even PRACTICING. Odd to have an injury severe enough to keep you out of practice for over a week, and yet no one saw the injury...

Even if he aggravated his shoulder injury, i still think he will play through it, don't remember if Orpik practiced at all, i do remember him taking at least one morning skate.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
It's encouraging that Neal is able to skate already. Seems like his ankle isn't as bad as some originally feared.

Yah. I'm almost 100% sure now the reason they pulled him was to immeditely ice his ankle / avoid swelling. If that was game 7 he would've kept going but under the circumstance they pulled him to do triage. He's fine. He just rolled his ankle a bit. Minor sprain or he wouldn't be out there at all / wouldn't be putting weight on it.

Most likely he'll skate again tomorrow (warm up and partial practice), skate maybe half a practice Monday and if he can go full practice Tuesday without soreness, he'll play.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
If Malkin is reinjuring his shoulder every other game he needs to just get surgery and call it a season. No use occupying a roster spot playing at 70%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad