Injury Report: MAY 6: Neal, Orpik work in full gear during optional practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
5/3 UPDATE

Sidney Crosby will play in Game 2 on Friday night. He skated between Kunitz and Dupuis at practice on the top line and also centered the top power play as usual.

James Neal and Brooks Orpik did not practice and both are expected to miss Game 2.

Jussi Jokinen said Thursday he was fine to play.

PRACTICE LINES:
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Jokinen-Adams

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6WkUsBN.jpg

"Every cellar dwellar who has rotted there over the decades has looked up at our Cups and dreamed of climbing the playoff ladder. So easy... so simple. And like playoff pretenders relying too heavily on their powerplay, many have died trying. I will feed the rest of the NHL hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that they can compete... so you can watch them clamoring over each other... to stay... on the ice. And when it is done... and the rest of the league is.... ashes.... then you have my permission to golf."-Bane, I mean CV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
#1 priority for Game 1: Murray and Morrow need to put the freakin' hammer down on someone in that first period to get the crowd going. Sometimes big hits keep fans buzzing and making more noise than a goal. Goal gets louder burst but trails off quicker.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Continuing from the older thread...

As far as the "no contact" thing, it's all about no complications with Crosby's injury. No infection, not getting it smacked around while it continues to heal, getting back to a normal diet and getting his strength back etc.

He's still not even 4 weeks out from injury so the more time the jaw has to heal the better.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't play Game 1 of the playoffs though.
If he doesn't, the docs just want more healing to make sure if he does get smacked it a game, he won't be on the shelf for the rest of the playoffs, if we should be so lucky.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
#1 priority for Game 1: Murray and Morrow need to put the freakin' hammer down on someone in that first period to get the crowd going. Sometimes big hits keep fans buzzing and making more noise than a goal. Goal gets louder burst but trails off quicker.

This. Morrow needs to do his best Gary Roberts and destroy someone and then score a goal early into the first period.

Ray Shero*

I really wanted him back against Carolina. There's no chance that it's happening now.

Hopefully he's not too rusty in his first few games.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I really wanted him back against Carolina. There's no chance that it's happening now.

Hopefully he's not too rusty in his first few games.

Even when hes off, hes still one of the best on the ice. Not too worried about it. we are so deep

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Well despite the no contact situation, it sounds like exerting himself wasn't a problem.

Although Crosby -- and his teammates -- was instructed to avoid contact, he wasn't shy about skating with speed or going into corners or up against the boards. While a practice among teammates, of course, will never be confused with a live game when it comes to contact and physicality, an observer Friday could have watched the entire hour-long workout and not known one player was off-limits when it comes to contact if they hadn't been aware of the situation.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=667809&navid=DL|NHL|home

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Will he be able to wear that goofy Hannibal Lecter mask thing when he comes back?

Yep, he can even wear a full NCAA style cage if he wishes to. Emelin wore one last year. If you are wearing it to protect an acute injury, you're allowed.

member 51464

OP mentions Martin being out 2-4 weeks. That post was about 2 weeks ago. Any news? If we get this season's Martin back, I will honestly feel pretty good about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad