Value of: Max Pacioretty

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Keep Pacioretty and Plekanec, and use futures to acquire another winger. If they don't pick up their ****, trade them in the off-season. I'm sure Vegas would love to get their hands on a player like Plekanec and Pacioretty would be easy to move in the summer.

Trading 2 core pieces during the season is a death wish.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Keep Pacioretty and Plekanec, and use futures to acquire another winger. If they don't pick up their ****, trade them in the off-season. I'm sure Vegas would love to get their hands on a player like Plekanec and Pacioretty would be easy to move in the summer.

I'd be fine with keeping them if we can improve the top6 trading someone like Sherback (Juulsen/Sergachev/MacCarron are my keepers), but capwise its difficult without getting rid of big contract. Pacioretty has the most value due to his contract and age, so I would explore going all in for a big trade then trying to pick up scraps. Getting a C with similar value to Pac would be an upgrade IMO

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd be fine with keeping them if we can improve the top6 trading someone like Sherback (Juulsen/Sergachev/MacCarron are my keepers), but capwise its difficult without getting rid of big contract. Pacioretty has the most value due to his contract and age, so I would explore going all in for a big trade then trying to pick up scraps. Getting a C with similar value to Pac would be an upgrade IMO

They have pieces in the system as well as a bunch of 2nd round picks and their 1st round picks. If they feel like they're in a spot to compete, you just unload what you have to.

I think realistically trading Pacioretty during the season is not going to happen. However, waiving someone like Desharnais to make cap space and then trading for a top 6 and top 4 d near the deadline with futures is plausible. Would cripple the draft for a bit, but a Cup would trump that.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
They have pieces in the system as well as a bunch of 2nd round picks and their 1st round picks. If they feel like they're in a spot to compete, you just unload what you have to.

I think realistically trading Pacioretty during the season is not going to happen. However, waiving someone like Desharnais to make cap space and then trading for a top 6 and top 4 d near the deadline with futures is plausible. Would cripple the draft for a bit, but a Cup would trump that.

Agreed. I have no issue going all in now, as it is clear the management wants to win now. I just don't know if Plekanec will cut it as a 2C. And I'm unsure how effective Max will be if he has a down year. To me, it all depends on what is available. If there is some rental players that would put us over the top (on paper anyway) then let's be buyers, otherwise rearranging the core might be best (and using those prospects to create a stronger roster)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Agreed. I have no issue going all in now, as it is clear the management wants to win now. I just don't know if Plekanec will cut it as a 2C. And I'm unsure how effective Max will be if he has a down year. To me, it all depends on what is available. If there is some rental players that would put us over the top (on paper anyway) then let's be buyers, otherwise rearranging the core might be best (and using those prospects to create a stronger roster)

Plekanec doesn't get a lot of respect, but he does so many things well. The guy should be in the selke conversation every year, instead he's in the running for the Rodney Dangerfield award.

As for rearranging the core instead of going all in. Carey Price has this year and one more before he's making 10+. They don't have time to screw around, they've been doing that for years. Now is the time to go for it.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Plekanec doesn't get a lot of respect, but he does so many things well. The guy should be in the selke conversation every year, instead he's in the running for the Rodney Dangerfield award.

Plek has been a great player for us, but He is definitely regressing and objectively should be considered for trade bait. His offensive production and usefulness is dwindling. I think we should look to upgrade on him. If we can't find an upgrade, he's not the worst option.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If we move Pacioretty for a center, who are we replacing him with? You're not gonna get a replacement for Pacioretty by trading Plekanec. :laugh:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If we move Pacioretty for a center, who are we replacing him with? You're not gonna get a replacement for Pacioretty by trading Plekanec. :laugh:

It feels like that Simpsons episode where they have too many pigeons so they let the lizards eat the pigeons, then get snakes to eat the lizards, then gorillas to eat the snakes. We can just keep trading more valuable pieces to plug smaller holes. The gorillas freezing to death in the winter would be represented by us getting a good draft pick due to terrible trading.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I'm wondering if the Hawks might look to move Panarin based on his salary demands of 6x6.

I know with the Hawks probably wanting to move Kruger salary.

Maybe something around:

Pacioretty
Desharnais

For

Panarin
Kruger

???

Chicago also wants to shore up their defense maybe throw in Pateryn.

I know Kruger is good defensively but Desharnais is better offensively. Plus he is a pending UFA. It'll set up the Hawks next year, with Pacioretty only at 4.5mill, Desharnais off the books and they shed Krugers salary. Pateryn gives them different options with Roszival done as well.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I'm wondering if the Hawks might look to move Panarin based on his salary demands of 6x6.

I know with the Hawks probably wanting to move Kruger salary.

Maybe something around:

Pacioretty
Desharnais

For

Panarin
Kruger

???

Chicago also wants to shore up their defense maybe throw in Pateryn.

Horrible for Chicago. They would lose Patches after two seasons because they have no chance of resigning him. He will most likely get around the same as Panarin because he is a UFA.

Panarin is better than Patches
Kruger is better than Desharnais

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Horrible for Chicago. They would lose Patches after two seasons because they have no chance of resigning him. He will most likely get around the same as Panarin because he is a UFA.

Panarin is better than Patches
Kruger is better than Desharnais

Kruger i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole, we have Danault who does the same job as Kruger at a very cost efficient caphit. Offensively Panarin is better than Patches but Patches does a lot for us defensively aswell, add his caphit into the matter and that makes for a very valuable asset, wouldn't move him for Panarin.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Habs send:
-Pacioretty
-Beaulieu

Flames send:
-Backlund
-Brodie

Very good for us value-wise, leaves a big hole on the wing tho. Emelin/Weber are doing fine right now. Would i like an upgrade over Emelin? Sure.. but not if it opens an even bigger hole.

I mean i wouldnt expect you to understand these sort of things (i also clearly said that Panarin is the better offensive player, the difference is maybe 10 points a season tho), caphit and all around play are also important factors in the real hockey world. Keep at it on your PlayStation tho. Put a sniper/puck possession player like Pacioretty with Kane and you'll see his numbers explode, look at Anisimov's production with Kane this year.

Also Panarin has 84.35% o-zone starts this season to Pacioretty's 45.28%. Last year Panarin had 75.95% o-zone starts.. so, yea. There's about a 10 point difference between the 2 except Panarin takes 30-40% more o-zone draws than Pacioretty, he plays with one of the best offensive players in the league, he's not remotely as good as Pacioretty defensively and his contract isn't as good as Pacioretty's. Are you starting to understand how things work now?

Last edited:

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
How about this is a fair one

Mtl: Rykiel, Fowler

Anh: patches, Beaulieu

Ppl saying who ar thr habs going to replace patches on wing. Well C is more important position & can get a good LW with trade of player, prospects & picks.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Pacioretty, Beaulieu and 2nd 2017 for Nelson De Haan and Beauvillier

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
To Habs: Nino Niederreter and Marco Scandella@20% retained

vs

To Minny: MaxPac, Joel Hanley and 5th round pîck 2019

Nino could become a bull with Galchy and Radu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad