Value of: Max Pacioretty

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
How about this is a fair one

Mtl: Rykiel, Fowler

Anh: patches, Beaulieu

Ppl saying who ar thr habs going to replace patches on wing. Well C is more important position & can get a good LW with trade of player, prospects & picks.

I like this offer a lot. You mean Rakell, right? Only problem, the money.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
I like this offer a lot. You mean Rakell, right? Only problem, the money.

Ya of course Rakell, auto correct as usual. Anh get cap relied & habs add 2.3 on the cap so I think it could easily be made as the habs could deal pleks/dd or other contracts along with picks or prospect to get the space.

The great thing is a #2 C signed long term and fowler next contract could fit in with a lot one coming off cap next year + the expansion draft could free up more cap.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

Ppl saying who ar thr habs going to replace patches on wing. Well C is more important position & can get a good LW with trade of player, prospects & picks.

The problem with Rakell is that he's been a total non-factor in the playoffs.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

I'd do this one. We would have to ship Emelin in a seperate trade though.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If you think a guy his own coach dogs is worth a prospect like Marner...well maybe you should watch more hockey. Max Pac is not a Babcock type player and therefore the Leafs would not be interested at all

Babcock despises big, fast wingers that can score over 30 goals and finish top 10 in Selke voting. Honestly, what can Max bring that Dan Cleary doesn't?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I'm wondering if the Hawks might look to move Panarin based on his salary demands of 6x6.

I know with the Hawks probably wanting to move Kruger salary.

Maybe something around:

Pacioretty
Desharnais

For

Panarin
Kruger

???

Chicago also wants to shore up their defense maybe throw in Pateryn.

I know Kruger is good defensively but Desharnais is better offensively. Plus he is a pending UFA. It'll set up the Hawks next year, with Pacioretty only at 4.5mill, Desharnais off the books and they shed Krugers salary. Pateryn gives them different options with Roszival done as well.

So you think the Hawks should deal the 2 better players and be happy. Pretty bad for the Hawks. Panarin>Patches and Kruger>>DD. They're is no incentive for the Hawks to do this at all.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
If we move Pacioretty for a center, who are we replacing him with? You're not gonna get a replacement for Pacioretty by trading Plekanec. :laugh:

No need to replace patches. You have the best winger in the game in radulov. Patches is irrelevant.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If you think a guy his own coach dogs is worth a prospect like Marner...well maybe you should watch more hockey. Max Pac is not a Babcock type player and therefore the Leafs would not be interested at all

lol? Pacioretty would be a Babcock favorite. He loves star players that kill penalties and play defense. Also, it's not like he cares about Max's weak part of his game (physicality) coming from Detroit and the system they played.

Babcock would be over the moon to get his hands on Max, don't kid yourself. The only thing with Marner is that he's a rookie and has a lot of years of control for the club to go along with his skill level. If Toronto was closer to competing, they would do the trade in heartbeat imo.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
lol uhhhh

patches > JVR

Plekanec > kadri

soo keep going.

thats arguable.

they bring different dimension, while kadri never broke Plekanec's number i think kadri brings a faster and more skilled game wich will suit the habs better and will completement our wingers better. + younger and signed on a friendly contract. leafs has a bunch of offensive young center while they could use plekanec for a strong defensive game.

Pacioretty once again is a better overall player than JVR but i think the downgrade is worth the cap saving number so we can tweak the team at the trade deadline and pretty sure JVR could bring a productive game with the right line mates.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
thats arguable.

they bring different dimension, while kadri never broke Plekanec's number i think kadri brings a faster and more skilled game wich will suit the habs better and will completement our wingers better. + younger and signed on a friendly contract. leafs has a bunch of offensive young center while they could use plekanec for a strong defensive game.

Pacioretty once again is a better overall player than JVR but i think the downgrade is worth the cap saving number so we can tweak the team at the trade deadline and pretty sure JVR could bring a productive game with the right line mates.

The downgrade from Patches to JVR isn't worth getting Kadri. Rather just focus on getting a top 6 C to dump DD so Pleks can have the 3C spot.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It's pretty amazing to see that he has barely no value to many fan base ... so amazing !!

[MOD]
i could care less if he's 'slumping'

3 straight 30 goal season
4 out of 5 30 goal seasons
27 years old and making 4.5 for next 3 seasons.
top 10 LW in NHL.
[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->