Player Discussion Max Pacioretty Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If we have an expectation of excellence why did this fanbase put up with Desharnais and Therrien and BargainBin for so long?

No, our fan base doesn't know squat - anything the media says, they parrot within twenty minutes. No atmosphere or attitude in the bell centre either, always following the Bell Centre DJ.

We have crazy fans, obsessive fans, entitled fans, but not high expectation fans.

That's what happens when you are used to glofiry the past while the present has been depressing for 24 years. You have fans who just don't believe in you anymore. Despite filling the place up.....they are easily dissapointed and just give up. Sorry, but fans do know squat. Know that their encouragement will not enough to make up for a 2-goal deficit of an offensively challenged team.

I keep bringing back this Rangers game when we were losing 5-1 and fans were totally IN this still at that score. Fans knew that Kovalev and friends had what it takes to come back. And they clearly helped the comeback. But there's nothing you can do with this bunch of players.

And why do you say that fans put up with DD and Therrien and Bergevin? Geez, are we fans in here? What fans are you talking about? You don't read Twitter? What do you want them to do? Boo them Brisebois style? You think that would have shown how great they are?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I'm so infuriated by his play, but won't comment yet. Hopeful me still believes in a miracle from our exemplary captain...

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If we have an expectation of excellence why did this fanbase put up with Desharnais and Therrien and BargainBin for so long?

No, our fan base doesn't know squat - anything the media says, they parrot within twenty minutes. No atmosphere or attitude in the bell centre either, always following the Bell Centre DJ.

We have crazy fans, obsessive fans, entitled fans, but not high expectation fans.

That's what happens when a large portion of the fanbase has never seen a 'great' team, let alone a cup.

Everyone born from about 1987 on was either too young to remember the last cup, or wasnt even born yet. All they've seen is basically garbage teams and middle of the pack team's with very average rosters, so they come to expect nothing more. They don't even know what a contending habs team looks like, so how do they expect it...

Let's all be honest here, relatively speaking, the last 20 years have been the worst period in Canadiens history. Develop a contending team and I believe you will see a huge change in the fanbase.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
That's what happens when a large portion of the fanbase has never seen a 'great' team, let alone a cup.

Everyone born from about 1987 on was either too young to remember the last cup, or wasnt even born yet. All they've seen is basically garbage teams and middle of the pack team's with very average rosters, so they come to expect nothing more. They don't even know what a contending habs team looks like, so how do they expect it...

Let's all be honest here, relatively speaking, the last 20 years have been the worst period in Canadiens history. Develop a contending team and I believe you will see a huge change in the fanbase.

Even if you want to go back to the 40 and 50s pre dynasty it wasn't as bad as the last 20 years. 30 years and under(think about that) you are getting close to middle age and haven't seen a winning habs team that you are able to remember. 40 years old and you likely only remember 2 cups and one other run (I don't remember the late 70's even while seeing them). So it gets pretty darn hard to remember good Hab teams nevermind great ones.

This team is neither.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I found this tweet interesting. Curtis is a former Habs beat reporter with the Gazette but he no longer does sports. So, he has first-hand experience with the team but because he's no longer doing hockey, he doesn't have to suck up to anyone and can be honest about his opinions.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't understand how so many people defend his play. Koivu got more heat and he was way better in playoffs.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Empty griping becomes increasingly boring and unproductive. If anyone knows of a consistent 35-goal scoring LW who is available to replace him, I'm sure M. Bergevin would like to hear from you. If not, take something to numb your agony and suggest something actionable that might help the Canadiens overcome their 2-3 deficit against the Rangers tonight. (I'll bet you can't.)

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Empty griping becomes increasingly boring and unproductive. If anyone knows of a consistent 35-goal scoring LW who is available to replace him, I'm sure M. Bergevin would like to hear from you. If not, take something to numb your agony and suggest something actionable that might help the Canadiens overcome their 2-3 deficit against the Rangers tonight. (I'll bet you can't.)

Maybe our 35 goal scoring LW could score a ****ing goal.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

at this point? his ****ing 35 goals dont mean a god damn thing, every 30 goal season he's had, has been for nothing, if you cant score or play well in the playoffs

TJ oshie never scored 30 goals, but hes an amazing player, why, because of effort, pure raw effort, willingness to get dirty

Max is a complete and total farce, what a joke, id rather we replaced him with someone else, even if that person doesnt score 35, at least be a PLAYER

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

It's the playoffs. He's a 0 goal scorer.

Exactly

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Watching the Habs leaders in the past(Dynasty Yrs.) the best players, are those with the pedal to the metal. No Fear, just passionate playing like it is their last shift ever, making it their best, one to remember when talking with teammates in retirement, of past glory.

Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Go Max Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Max seems like a laid back, take it as it is type of dude. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is he plays in a city where you can't cough without the press noticing. He always seems uncomfortable in interviews too. Weber seems like the same kind of guy. Maybe they should rotate captains next year. Or make Gallagher the captain.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
The guy is trying.(I know trying doesn't mean much) You can tell he's getting frustrated. When the net was empty in game three and radu went off side u can tell patches was pissed. He needs one to get going. Hopefully tonight's the night. We'll take a lucky bounce or anything right about now. Lunquist has been absolutely solid but also lucky.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Beauty reply!
Took the words out of my mouth.

Its amazing how a player who so consistently wilts when the team needs him most has such adamant supporters.

Ryder never got this much love despite being our only 30 goal scorer... it's almost like there's a man crush factor at play

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The guy is trying.(I know trying doesn't mean much) You can tell he's getting frustrated. When the net was empty in game three and radu went off side u can tell patches was pissed. He needs one to get going. Hopefully tonight's the night. We'll take a lucky bounce or anything right about now. Lunquist has been absolutely solid but also lucky.

His complete unwillingness to play with grit and get his nose dirty refutes the notion of "trying"... Is he frustrated? Sure. But instead of doing what real winners do when one part of their game goes cold, patches remains content to be a perimeter player and refuses to use his body.

When the going gets tough, patches disappears. That tells you all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad